World creation anniversary

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
World creation anniversary

Did you know today (Oct 23) is the day in 4004 BC that God supposedly created the universe? So Happy 6,010th birthday universe! Laughing out loud

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Also, for those curious as

Also, for those curious as to how we can be sure of this date... they say the proof is in the pudding. C'mon girls grab that proof it's in there somewhere!

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline
And I didn't even get the

And I didn't even get the universe any presents...

If you're familiar with the nutty preacher Harold Camping, who does a radio show, he's written several books predicting the end of the world, using some weird Bible chronology. All of them, 100% wrong. And all of them, succeeded in a few years by the next shovelful of bullshit.

This time, he thinks it's going to be 2011. Jesus, brimstone, war, blah blah blah.

Camping keeps telling people they must get married. Um, can't think why-- you'll never see your sixth anniversary, and your kids will get to die in the apocalypse! Doesn't that make you suck more?

Ah, sanity. So fleeting.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
The Mayans predicted some

The Mayans predicted some day in Dec 2012.

Tomcat
User is offlineOffline
I heard it was in the

I heard it was in the jello. The one getting strattled is my ex Sticking out tongue

I personally know 3 people who have told me straight up they just KNOW the world is 4000 years old. But I wasn't invited to any birthday parties. Go figure

The Enlightenment wounded the beast, but the killing blow has yet to land...

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ok. This is officially the

Ok. This is officially the first time that I've seen Jello Wrestling combined with creationism. Frankly, I'd be more inclined to buy into it if they had more promo events like this.

Here's a link to something even more stupid...

http://www.ultimatechristianwrestling.com/

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism