Do you watch General Hospital?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Do you watch General Hospital?

One of the actors of the show just sent us a friend request:

http://www.myspace.com/thegooeyguy

His IMDB account: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1336416/

Anyone know him? Got questions for him? We could try to get him on the show if you're a fan, in fact you could even interview him. Eye-wink

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I don't watch soap operas,

I don't watch soap operas, but that's cool. Is he openly an atheist? I imagine that could make things difficult for a young actor. I know Andy Rooney will admit to being an atheist, but doesn't go out of his way to tell people, and has said that it could hurt his career.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
It does say "atheist" in his

It does say "atheist" in his myspace profile.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
That's good. I wish more

That's good. I wish more well known people who were atheists would be more forward about it.

GodStoleMyFriends
GodStoleMyFriends's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think it's much easier for

I think it's much easier for directors, actors, and screenwriters to be more open with their atheism than other people who are aiming for success can be. There are many, many atheists in the film industry and while it's difficult to get in the door, religion is usually not one of the obstacles.

Check out this site for a list of famous atheists, agnostics, and people who seem to be skeptical of theism: http://www.celebatheists.com. This website is a good place to direct theists when they start name dropping.

Jack Nicholson and Woody Allen are definitely my favorite "celebatheists". thumbs up Woody Allen is actually extremely open about it (see quote below, he also discusses it in a documentary I own about his life in film).

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank."-Woody Allen

"Atheism is life affirming in a way religion can never be."-Richard Dawkins

BarkAtTheMoon
Rational VIP!
BarkAtTheMoon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:It does say

Sapient wrote:
It does say "atheist" in his myspace profile.

Not to mention his list of books. "...The Bible, The Qu'ran, The Tao Te Ching, Book of Mormon, Torah... and other fairy tales."

So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth;
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!
- Eric Idle, from The Galaxy Song