Big Suprise!

GodStoleMyFriends
GodStoleMyFriends's picture
User is offlineOffline
Big Suprise!

Yesterday I decided to take a trip to my local Wal-Mart and see if they were selling Sam Harris' new book "Letter to a Christian Nation." I arrived in the book section and began scanning over the new release section in search of the book only to find a couple of self help books, a few Christian books, and Anderson Cooper's book.

I try non-fiction. Still no Sam Harris. Fiction maybe? Nothing. I even try religion in case the Wal-Mart stocker's had no idea the book was by an atheist author. Nothing.

I am about to give up when I decide to check the bestseller section if only because I wanted to check everywhere before I left. No Sam Harris, but imagine my surpise when I find this book staring me in the face:

No naked supreme court justices in this book, Wally-World.

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank."-Woody Allen

"Atheism is life affirming in a way religion can never be."-Richard Dawkins

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Figures.

Figures. Sad

Elegy
Elegy's picture
User is offlineOffline
i don't get it

i don't get it

Voided
User is offlineOffline
wal-mart is looking more and

wal-mart is looking more and more crapy.... they aren't getting a cent out of me tell the get their shit togetter.

that might mean wal-mart never gets something out of me, but so be it

GodStoleMyFriends
GodStoleMyFriends's picture
User is offlineOffline
Elegy wrote:i don't get

Elegy wrote:
i don't get it

Wal-Mart seems to be purposely excluding books and other products just because they don't like the message. Now, they are a private store and they have the right to do so. However, by doing so they are excluding customers in the process.

I live in a town with no bookstore. So the only chance I had at buying "Letter to a Christian Nation" without going out of town or ordering it online was Wal-Mart. Now, I want to have by tomorrow as I am going out of town and I would like to read it during the long car ride. So, this means I don't have time to wait for it to be delivered to me. Now my only option is driving out of town 30 miles to the nearest bookstore and hoping they have it or Wal-Mart.

So, I try Wal-Mart. However, because they are choosing to not sale certain books due to content I could not purchase the book there. Therefore, they've purposely excluded me, a would be satisfied customer. Which is what those fuckers are all about. I worked there for two days, they showed a video saying that they want to satisfy every single customer and that we are their real bosses.

However, by choosing to not sale certain books/other items they are doing just what they say they never want to do.

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank."-Woody Allen

"Atheism is life affirming in a way religion can never be."-Richard Dawkins

jester700
User is offlineOffline
With Wal Mart, it's a

With Wal Mart, it's a numbers game. IF they carry the book, they can sell a truckload of them, but risk P.O.ing the fundies who might decide not to shop there for a while (yeah, right! Where ELSE ya gonna shop in east bumf**k?, GA) If they choose not to, most people who would have bought the book will get it elsewhere and won't boycott Wallyworld.

This is why their decision on the "merry xmas" thing - using a generic "happy holidays" SHOULDN'T P.O. anyone. But you know fundies...