Xianity Has Gone To The Dogs

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Xianity Has Gone To The Dogs

After posting why there are so many cat lovers on this forum, now we find out that Xianity is going to the dogs:

After showing how cats must be freethinkers, it's time to look at...Has Christianity gone to the dogs?

Consider how much Christians and dogs have in common --
1. They are socially dependent and benefit tremendously from forming a pack (congregation).
2. Attending Obedience School (church) helps keep them in line.
3. They easily feel and act guilty.
4. Choke collars (Commandments) are absolutely necessary for some of them.
5. They do good in hope of Milk Bones (Heaven).
6. They avoid misbehavior for fear of correction (Hell).
7. They are firm believers in the benefit of begging (praying).
8. No matter how demeaning the request of the master (god), they will humbly comply to show their submission.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
LOL! Susan, these are

LOL! Susan, these are things I've always thought. Love cats, don't like dogs. Both posts are spot on.

I once saw "Stupid Pet Tricks" on Letterman. The dog was supposed to run up a tree and grab a treat. So, the dog runs up the side of a 20 foot high fake tree, and falls on his back from about 15 feet up. Now semi-limping the owner instructs him up again, the dog falls again. Now, he's really hurt, you can tell... the dog aint right. So the owner instructs him up again, and YAH!! He finally got the treat.

It was at that moment that I had solidified my view that dogs were idiots. You put it better in your bulleted points list, and maybe idiot is a bad word... but they certainly come across as idiots.

A cat would look up the tree at the treat and give you a look that said, "If you don't get that treat down here in front of my face, you'll be sleeping alone tonight." Now that's an animal I can respect.

AntiFaith
AntiFaith's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:7. They are firm

Quote:
7. They are firm believers in the benefit of begging (praying).

Hehe!

Dumb animals have more sense than theists when it comes to certain things. Faith makes you look silly. A dog that begs looks cute.

I think dogs are more reasonable than silly people who beg the ceiling for stuff. Sticking out tongue

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
AntiFaith wrote:

AntiFaith wrote:

I think dogs are more reasonable than silly people who beg the ceiling for stuff. Sticking out tongue

Clearly. It's still a good metaphor, but at least the dog has some evidence behind his belief. You can actually see the person you're begging in this case.

Cat pwns dog:

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't know. The more I

I don't know. The more I think about it, comparing dogs to Xians might be insulting to the dogs.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh how I wish I weren't

Oh how I wish I weren't techno-challenged! That picture would be really appropriate if the cat were tossing a Xian!

AntiFaith
AntiFaith's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Clearly. It's still a

Quote:
Clearly. It's still a good metaphor

Yea. Very good.

I wuv puppies and kitties.

Nick
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:

Sapient wrote:

It was at that moment that I had solidified my view that dogs were idiots.

A cat would look up the tree at the treat and give you a look that said, "If you don't get that treat down here in front of my face, you'll be sleeping alone tonight." Now that's an animal I can respect.

I hope you realise that both cats and dogs are idiots. They're ANIMALS. The only difference is, dogs do what they're told, and are loyal. Cats are selfish and lazy.

Dog pwns cat.

Laughing out loud

Wilson: "We were afraid that if you found out you solved a case with absolutely no medical evidence you'd think you were God." House: "God doesn't limp."

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Nick_Poling wrote:Sapient

Nick_Poling wrote:
Sapient wrote:

I hope you realise that both cats and dogs are idiots.

Blaspehmy to cats!

Quote:
They're ANIMALS.

So are you.

Quote:
The only difference is, dogs do what they're told, and are loyal. Cats are selfish and lazy.

I don't see it that way. I've known plenty of loyal cats, I've also known some unloyal dogs that didn't do what they're told. Visit your local shelter to see a bunch of dogs that didn't pay attention when learning the lesson on where to shit. (cats learn that lesson and clean themselves)

My cats aren't lazy, they run around like crazy, they just wont put themselves at risk to get a little treat, a dog will.

Anywho... this is why I don't bring it up because dog lovers are so brainwashed into loving their dog they can't think straight. Someday I'll start a group for people who want to end the mind disorder known as dog loving, my girlfriend can be the first patient, Nick you can be next. Ok, I'm gonna go sleep on the couch now, while I ponder the fact that I wont be receiving an episode 2 of RRS-Washington. Sticking out tongue

AntiFaith
AntiFaith's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Susan: Oh how I wish I

Quote:
Susan:
Oh how I wish I weren't techno-challenged! That picture would be really appropriate if the cat were tossing a Xian!

Hahaha! The Pope. Pat Robertson. Jerry Fallwell. Charismatic televangelist.

Fred Phelps; that guy can be thrown to the big kittie cats as far as I'm concerned. }Smiling

athos
athos's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Nick_Poling

Sapient wrote:
Nick_Poling wrote:
Sapient wrote:

I hope you realise that both cats and dogs are idiots.

Blaspehmy to cats!

Quote:
They're ANIMALS.

So are you.

Quote:
The only difference is, dogs do what they're told, and are loyal. Cats are selfish and lazy.

I don't see it that way. I've known plenty of loyal cats, I've also known some unloyal dogs that didn't do what they're told. Visit your local shelter to see a bunch of dogs that didn't pay attention when learning the lesson on where to shit. (cats learn that lesson and clean themselves)

My cats aren't lazy, they run around like crazy, they just wont put themselves at risk to get a little treat, a dog will.

Anywho... this is why I don't bring it up because dog lovers are so brainwashed into loving their dog they can't think straight. Someday I'll start a group for people who want to end the mind disorder known as dog loving, my girlfriend can be the first patient, Nick you can be next. Ok, I'm gonna go sleep on the couch now, while I ponder the fact that I wont be receiving an episode 2 of RRS-Washington. Sticking out tongue

OH SHIITE SON! you dropped the "pick apart the post" bomb on him. lol, cats rule!

God is as qualified to preach morality as Charles Manson, Hell, he could give Hitler a run for his money!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I also love cats and don't

I also love cats and don't like dogs. I heard once an idea of making cat toys that look like early Christians. I'd buy one.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
MY DOG OWNS ALL CATS AND

MY DOG OWNS ALL CATS AND OTHER DOGS!! He once jumped out of my car to attack 2 pittbulls (came out unscathed!!) and scared them to death.haha..

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
I love all critters, I just

I love all critters, I just prefer cats.

LeftofLarry, that dog has the sweetest face and I could just cover it with kisses. I gotta know - do you take him walking in that outfit? When you pass people, the looks on their faces must be priceless.

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
mainly in the winter, get's

mainly in the winter, get's a bit warm in the summer, I don't color his hair anymore..it has grown out..however, yeah the looks of people are priceless.hahaha...

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well of course the jacket

Well of course the jacket gets too warm in the summer. He needs a muscle shirt for hot days.