Hello all. I am AntiFaith.

AntiFaith
AntiFaith's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello all. I am AntiFaith.

Hello all. I am AntiFaith. I am an apostate of the Christian Religion. I am Anti-Abrahamic Holy books. I am against Judaism, Christianity and Islam calling their holy books holy, divinely inspired, God breathed..etc...

Beings that theists of all varieties, non-religious and religious alike will close their minds to atheism without going through a certain kind of slow process ( they absolutely want to have some sort of crutch) , I try to show them that uncertainty is our best friend, as uncertainty keeps our minds open for new evidence, which might be useful in search for what God really is about. I try to sell them on the idea that if they truly wanted to find God then their God hypothesis must not contradict what we know of the Creation. I remind them that science has nothing to say about God, but only the Creation. I try to sell them on the idea that it is through logic and science that we can refine our God hypothesis in an honest way. Demonstrate that Faith is narrowminded belief that can’t possibly give us a truth about reality, but is a dead end to a spirituality that honestly seeks God. I believe this will lead true seekers to atheism eventually. Perhaps deists and others like them can do some good as well. Not all atheists will have the stomach for this, but I pose as a theist who heavily leans towards deism offline. I am interested in reducing harm more so than my atheism. I feel that some atheists have the personalities and skills to demonstrate that atheism is the most reasonable stance on Gods. However, not all atheists want to “push” atheism and so, I am interested in other approaches for atheists in fighting Faith if not theism. I have mixed feelings about not cheering deists and others very simular to them in the persuit of reducing the harm that comes from Faith and holybooks.

I think through a totally non-religious natural theology truth seekers will later become atheists with a strong foundation of non-belief. I think that honest truths seekers will lose belief in Gods by going through such a process. For many, becoming atheists was a process. An emotional and Intellectual process. I am not ashamed that it was emotionalism that first pushed me in the direction of atheism. Later my emotionalism made friends with reason. An intellectual investigation of Christianity and the bible.

I also believe that those who can’t be entirely honest, will at least be less harmful in their God belief through not being so afraid of uncertainty by practicing non-religious natural theology as a spiritual practice. I think this will reduce harm, by reducing close mindedness of other peoples God hypothesis, as no one will ever have a working theory ever. Haha. But perhaps everyone will be united in an open minded and sacred search. Spinning their spiritual wheels in a non-bigoted way. Perhaps they will even have reasons why God created people to be atheist. I think this is likely since many religious people do not really feel comfortable with nasty scripture that is pointed out to them. You can tell by the way they are defensive. I think so long as you don’t leave them with out a security blanket of some kind they will lighten up and become more open minded. I am for reducing harm more so than trying to find the silver bullet.

As far as anti-theists trying to de-convert people to atheists, well, I would rather see atheists doing something than nothing. Christians who are in doubt about God and not just their religion have a chance to be free with the help of a caring person. I guess ya gota get a feel for who is a good candidate for de-programming. Since I am for reducing harm, I feel that there are different strategies for atheists to try in order to reduce the harm that comes from faith and worship of holy books. The bible calls evil acts holy and gives mixed messages about tolerance, love and respect. Attach Faith to that, and you have bigotry and moral relativism. Theists of the abrahamic religions, if not narrow mindedly intolerant; then narrow mindedly apathetic of what other religionists of the same religion do. If you protect the rights and freedoms of your neighbor and they protect your’s you have real security. Religious Faith retards such a respectful and necessary world view of those who are different from you. With every religionist they are at least to some degree bigots. It does not matter how nice they are. At some point their bigotry will have a negative impact to at least some degree on some one who is different than they are. This is why I am hoping that atheists will try to find many different approaches to reducing the harm that comes from Faith. Faith is the seeds of bigotry.

Any questions? Input? Flames? I have a thick skin and can keep my cool. I welcome criticism as I wish only to find solutions to the problems that comes from Religious Faith and theism.

( Although, I am a little nervous that I may have said some stupid things somewhere here in my thread, but can’t see it yet. )

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I agree with you 100%.

I agree with you 100%.

AntiFaith
AntiFaith's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello MattShizzle. I am glad

Hello MattShizzle. I am glad that you see the problems with religion that I do.

When I talk to a few atheists and non-religious offline they aren't really aware of the fact that there is what people say about Jesus and the bible and what scripture actually tells. Many really don't know that the bible is contradictory in the ways of love, acceptance and tolerance. Many people think that the bible is a great story that is close to perfect in teaching ethics. Many feel that Jesus was a real groovy guy who was all about love. Which in reality is just not true. I do not believe for a second that Jesus, ( if he really existed) said some of the bigoted and hateful things that the bible writers put in his mouth. Otherwise Jesus would have to suffer from some kind of split personality, or bi-polar disorder. But then, I guess I can't know for sure what Jesus really said. I just can't believe everything the bible says about him because to me it is too horrible.

Since the bible is the corner stone of Paulianity...er..Christianity I think atheists and non-religious people can do a lot of good innoculating non-christians by showing everyone what the bible really is and what it says, not just the nice parts. I think inoculating non-christians is very much needed. They have the right to know, so they don't get infected by the mind blight.

Debating Christians who want debate is really great, as that is a great way to inoculate lurkers and others who visit heathen and Christian boards. Deconverting Christians who are having doubts is good, but is time wasted if you don't really know how to get a feel for who is hopeless and who isn't. Still, if anyone in earshot hears they can benefit from any discussions. I must say though, that inoculating non-christians is always time well spent.

Getting atheists together to do something is like trying to round up a gaggle of cats I swear. I get the feeling that nothing is really going to be done by heathens, as many heathens are ignorant about Jesus and the bible. Online is not the real world. In the real world many atheists are not really anymore rational than anyone one else. I think it is a mistake to assume that atheists are a cut above everyone else when it comes to intelligence or rational thought and behavior. I think Free Thought is an attitude that is hard to live up to and ALL of us come up short at times. But offline many atheists aren't even free thinkers, nor are they really aware that religion undermines individuality, healthy skepticism of authority, ethics, respect and love of freedom.

The minorities of Christianity, like say the dominionists and a few others grab for power and control. Are intolerant of non-christians. Realise that Jesus said to obey the Laws of the Old Testament. I think the minority religions, like the dominionists do much damage. They have heavily infiltrated the Republican Party for some time now. I think that many Christians will vote based on their faiths and by the time they realise the kind of christian they voted in it is too late. Many will not always disagree with the malignent Christians when they are showed scripture that they never seen before. The Liberal Christians and Moderates are worthless do nothings. If they are not doing nothing then they are waisting their time on certain atheists instead of trying to do some good when it comes to the problematic denominations of the Christian Religion. They are more worried about their precious jesus being discredited by atheists than trying to clean up Christianities mess. Guess that leaves non-christians to do what is hard -our way.

If I am wrong about what I see from Christianity then at the very least I think non-christians have the right to know about the bible and church history before they become enslaved by the Christian mind rot.

AntiFaith
AntiFaith's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am a little angry right

I am a little angry right now. Perhaps I should choose whether or not this thread is for venting...spewing polemic rhetoric or making well thought out posts. I am not 100% confident in all of what I posted, but I think I will leave it up and see what people say. Laughing out loud

You will find that I am wierd and what I say definately should be taken with a grain of salt. I have good days too much of the time.

Anyways, nice to meet you MattShizzle. Smiling

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
So I'm a little unclear,

So I'm a little unclear, despite your posts, as to whether you believe in god or not.
I read them twice and it appears that you do believe in a creator just not the biblical one.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

AntiFaith
AntiFaith's picture
User is offlineOffline
God is impossible.

God is impossible. Sometimes, despite the fact that I know God is impossible,( as a being without limits can have no identity therefore can not exist) , I still miss God sometimes. God is in between my ears.No where else. Basicaly I am a moron who sometimes says intelligent things. I am definately a moron for not being able to stop missing an impossible being.

The part about pretending to be a theist who leans heavily towards deism is an attempt to start a counter meme that might not be as harmful as God belief based on Faith. I really hate the bible that much. When I was a christian I read the bible, but was not aware of everything in it. I might have blocked out what I didn't like also. I hope open talk about Christianity and the bible kills peoples worship of the bible. The sooner the better.

AntiFaith
AntiFaith's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think here are some Good

I think here are some Good questions.

Would God use a book in the first place? If not, why would a God not use a book?

How are we supposed to read the bible according to the bible? Hehe.

Faith. Is Faith a positive thing and why? If not why not?

Can we really be sure that we know what Jesus really did and said if he did exist? What do most scholars say about that? If it turns out that we can't know what he really did or what he really taught why should he be deserving of being in a history book even if he did exist?

Does the Jesus story really fit the concept of a messiah from the God of abraham? Does secular scholarship have anything to say about that? What about anthropologists?

All Christians supposedly use the bible to instruct us about salvation. Why are there different denominations that can't agree on how a person is saved?

Was Jesus really all about love and tolerance? What all does the N.T. really show Jesus as?

Jesus says that the O.T. laws still stand until all is fullfilled. What does Jesus mean by 'till all is fulfilled' ? Was all fulfilled in his first visit to earth, or is all fulfilled after Jesus comes back?

What would Christianity look like if the O.T. laws still stand? Do we have some contemporary examples? What does history say? Any contemporary examples that are fucked up enough that do not follow all of the O.T. laws, just some?