Our Quiet Zone

GrimJesta
GrimJesta's picture
Posts: 152
Joined: 2006-06-21
User is offlineOffline
Our Quiet Zone

Will we ever get the "V.I.P." style area back? The place where we can chat about religion and whatever else, a place where no one else can see/go? I rather liked having a place to let my hair down...

-=Grim=-

No Nyarlathotep, Know Peace.
Know Nyarlathotep, No Peace.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7525
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Yes we'll get it back.

Yes we'll get it back. However entry will be structured differently this time. You'll have to pass a test to gain entry, and it'll be automated. The programming is hard to write so it's on the backburner for now. Not only will the test serve as entry to that forum, but also to a forum on specific activist issues. Each person will be assigned a rank (hopefully) by the automated system like: "rational atheist." And then that rank can be used to gain access to other special items we might come up with in the future. For example, maybe we'll make a show about how to conduct the war on Christmas, with the file available at our site, and the only way to download it would be to have passed the test.

Here is a preview of the jist of the test:

Quote:

You believe that a god exists: Yes No

Creation scientists are credible: True False

Are you an atheist? Yes No

Science is more credible than religion: True False

Agnostic is a position between atheist and theist: True False

Human evolution is a fact: True False

Science is dogmatic: True False

The bible is a good source for morality: True False

It's acceptable to criticize religious beliefs: True False

Statement of affirmation: I appreciate the work of the Rational Responders, they play a necessary role in our world. I affirm that I currently have no belief in a god. I reject the existence of deities and recognize them to be claims without proper evidence. I deny the existence of the Holy Spirit, and all other gods.

Then you'd e-sign the form.

If passed, you'd open a whole new realm of our site. Eye-wink

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


cbenard
cbenard's picture
Posts: 81
Joined: 2006-04-16
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Here is a

Sapient wrote:
Here is a preview of the jist of the test:
........
If passed, you'd open a whole new realm of our site. Eye-wink

I've heard you say this a couple of times to people. You might want to sticky it or something.

However, I think this is a bad idea. If the computer could tell if they were lying, then it would matter. But any average xian is going to know the right answers to those questions, even though they don't agree.

We're going to get xians in there to bother us. All it's going to take is one stupid myspace forum post with the right answers for those xians and they'll come marching in. I think you managing a list of known atheists was a better way.

You may say to yourself, "But xians won't lie! It's against their religion." I guarantee they'll do it anyway, because after all, "It's just clicking answers on a computer." They'll justify it as "helping" all of us heathens and the lord jeebus will forgive them.

I see tough times ahead for you having to ban a shitload of people all at once, when the flood comes. I am making this statement so that I can refer to it later and say "I told you so."


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7525
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
cbenard wrote:Sapient

cbenard wrote:
Sapient wrote:
Here is a preview of the jist of the test:
........
If passed, you'd open a whole new realm of our site. Eye-wink

I've heard you say this a couple of times to people. You might want to sticky it or something.

However, I think this is a bad idea. If the computer could tell if they were lying, then it would matter. But any average xian is going to know the right answers to those questions, even though they don't agree.

You realize that denying the holy spirit is the only unforgivable sin, and if they truly believe their god exists, they'd believe they'd be committing the only unforgivable sin? Jokes on them.


Quote:
We're going to get xians in there to bother us. All it's going to take is one stupid myspace forum post with the right answers for those xians and they'll come marching in.

Great, I can ban a bunch of ip addresses all at once. Anyone who is caught entering the forum who lied on the test (the members in the forum can alert me) their account will be banned immediatly.


Quote:
You may say to yourself, "But xians won't lie! It's against their religion." I guarantee they'll do it anyway, because after all, "It's just clicking answers on a computer." They'll justify it as "helping" all of us heathens and the lord jeebus will forgive them.

LOL... man you don't know me. I am the first person to say that every Christian is a liar. They lie to themselves and everyone around them.


Quote:
I see tough times ahead for you having to ban a shitload of people all at once, when the flood comes. I am making this statement so that I can refer to it later and say "I told you so."

Or you could've just asked if I was prepared for it, and I could've said "yeah" and then you wouldn't have to act as if you gave me some insight I was unaware of so that you could later boast that you knew. I'm putting this on the record so that when you say "I told you so" later, I can say "thanks Captain Obvious."

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


cbenard
cbenard's picture
Posts: 81
Joined: 2006-04-16
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:I'm putting

Sapient wrote:
I'm putting this on the record so that when you say "I told you so" later, I can say "thanks Captain Obvious."

LOL. Laughing out loud


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Sounds good to me, but how

Sounds good to me, but how do you e-sign a form?


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7525
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Sounds

MattShizzle wrote:
Sounds good to me, but how do you e-sign a form?

You just type your name in, as opposed to clicking submit. It's kind of like a signature. Sticking out tongue

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
OK, I wondered. Because

OK, I wondered. Because where I work we have something kind of like in stores for signing forms electronically. Didn't think it would be like that since not too many people have an e-pad!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team