Praying in the Holy Land

GodStoleMyFriends
GodStoleMyFriends's picture
User is offlineOffline
Praying in the Holy Land

A journalist assigned to the Jerusalem bureau has an apartment overlooking the Western Wall. Every day when she looks out, she sees old bearded Jewish men praying vigorously. Certain that one would be a good interview subject, the journalist goes down to the Wall, and introduces herself to the old man. She asks, "You come every day to the Wall. Sir, how long have you done that and what are you praying for?"

The old man replies, "I have come here to pray every day for 25 years. In the morning I pray for world peace... for world peace and for the brotherhood of man. Then, I go home, have a cup of tea, and then I come back. Now I pray for the eradication of illness and disease from the earth. But more important, I pray for peace and understanding between the Israelis and the Palestinians."

The journalist, impressed with the dedication and devotion asks, "And how does it make you feel to come here, every day for 25 years, and pray for these wonderful things?"

The old man calmly replies, "Like I'm talking to a wall?!"

Eye-wink

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank."-Woody Allen

"Atheism is life affirming in a way religion can never be."-Richard Dawkins

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
LOL! That's what you're

LOL! That's what you're doing when you pray!