Warning: Please Turn Off Your Irony Meters Before Continuing

Vessel
Vessel's picture
User is offlineOffline
Warning: Please Turn Off Your Irony Meters Before Continuing

From News Of The Weird:

Officials of Hyde Park Baptist Church in Austin, Texas, initially agreed to host the annual multi-denominational Austin Area Interreligious Ministries Thanksgiving celebration last year, but abruptly canceled when they came to realize that Muslims might actually pray there. Under criticism, the church said that it "hopes" the religious community "will ... be tolerant of our church's beliefs" that necessitated the decision. [Austin American-Statesman, 11-16-07]

“Philosophers have argued for centuries about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, but materialists have always known it depends on whether they are jitterbugging or dancing cheek to cheek" -- Tom Robbins

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
"I hope you can be

"I hope you can be toloerant, because I sure as fuck can't."

Very funny.

albedo_00
albedo_00's picture
User is offlineOffline
Aw CRAP!, my irony meter

Aw CRAP!, my irony meter was turned off but at the sight of this it turned itself on! Damn it's going off the scale!!! Dammit, now the hypocrisy meter is acting out too!! and the BS meter too!!! I don't think I'm gonna make it!!!!

*Dies of an irony/hypocrisy/Bullsh!t overdose*

Lenore, The Cute Little Dead Girl. Twice as good as Jesus.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yea, Christians are your

Yea, Christians are your friends until you sit next to them at the front of the bus.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Eloise
TheistBronze Member
Eloise's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well... if the belief they

Well... if the belief they beg tolerance for is intolerance... why are they begging tolerance isn't that against their beliefs..

*still in dumb blond mode.. I do get the irony, really. Eye-wink 

Theist badge qualifier : Gnostic/Philosophical Panentheist

www.mathematicianspictures.com

munky99999
munky99999's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm seriously wondering if

I'm seriously wondering if that's a real story or not... LOL. It's too funny. Though I certainly do have a feeling that it's a legit story.