Another new member introducing himself

William Boutwell
User is offlineOffline
Another new member introducing himself

Hello Everyone;

In case it's not obvious, my name is William Boutwell. I usually prefer my middle name, Dale.

I'm not really a stranger to atheist groups (alt.atheism on usenet, for instance), but I'm not an activist or particularly interested in proselytiizing atheism.

I'm not a theist. I'll go a bit farther and declare that gods are not real. I'm willing to change my mind, should evidence be provided that they *are* real. So far, though, all I have received from believers is threats, sophistry or fallacious arguments .

I've heard a lot about faith, though...

Unfortunately, should knowledge suffiicient to change my mind be brought to light I wouldn't need faith to believe. This is the conundrum that makes the believers most angry, I think. If faith is what makes their beliefs powerful and knowledge obviates the need for faith, where goes their power?

Sometimes, when I'm in a whimsical mood, I like to imagine the reactions from the faithful to knowledge that a god really does exist, but not the one they worship...

Since I already consider many of them to be bat-guano crazy, I find it hard to believe they'd become even crazier, but I'm forced to admit that a failure in imagination on my part has little to do with the way reality works.

I'm particularly fond of imagining that Astarte or Isis is the deity that really exists. The existence of a female deity would really gum up the religion business.

Well, this short post should give you something of an idea of what I'm like.

I'm glad to be here!

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
So far, I have to say I'm a

So far, I have to say I'm a bit bored with you. Not that I dislike you, but you don't seem to bring anything fresh to my proverbial table. I'm sure you don't care in the least, nor should you. Boring, after all, is certainly not the worst thing you could be. In any case, you may yet prove entertaining. Time will tell.

Welcome to the forums.

phooney
phooney's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard!

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
LosingStreak06 wrote: So

LosingStreak06 wrote:

So far, I have to say I'm a bit bored with you. Not that I dislike you, but you don't seem to bring anything fresh to my proverbial table. I'm sure you don't care in the least, nor should you. Boring, after all, is certainly not the worst thing you could be. In any case, you may yet prove entertaining. Time will tell.

Welcome to the forums.

You're  bored ?  WTF the dude just popped in to introduce himself and say hello.  What were you expecting, card tricks and a magic show ?  No one's here to entertain you.

Mr. Atheist (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums, glad

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle!

Welcome to the hizzle!

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
LosingStreak06 wrote:

LosingStreak06 wrote:

Welcome to the forums.

If these are the types of responses he is going to illicit, then let the entertainment begin.

<goes back to munching popcorn>

Welcome aboard William.

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:
LosingStreak06 wrote:

Welcome to the forums.

You're bored ? WTF the dude just popped in to introduce himself and say hello. What were you expecting, card tricks and a magic show ? No one's here to entertain you.

I am. And on the internet, if you aren't entertaining, then you aren't of much use to me. Selfish and egotistic, I know. But I don't recall having ever claimed to be anything more than a purebred, unabashed hedonist, so it would be your own fault for expecting something else.

As for you, Sapient, I'll hold my tongue (fingers, as it were).

Subdi Visions
Bronze Member
Subdi Visions's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greetings Dale So where are

Greetings Dale

So where are the card tricks Mr. Hedonist was yapping about?

Seriously though, Welcome Smiling 

Respectfully,
Lenny

"The righteous rise, With burning eyes, Of hatred and ill-will
Madmen fed on fear and lies, To beat and burn and kill"
Witch Hunt from the album Moving Pictures. Neal Pert, Rush

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
LosingStreak06 wrote: So

LosingStreak06 wrote:

Welcome to the forums.

Streak, i swear....

Your my long lost GOOD twin ^_^

What Would Kharn Do?

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:
LosingStreak06 wrote:

Welcome to the forums.

Streak, i swear....

Your my long lost GOOD twin ^_^

I doubt it. I cannot imagine that, as a fetus, I would have allowed you to make off with my precious genetic material. 

William Boutwell
User is offlineOffline
Subdi Visions

Subdi Visions wrote:

Greetings Dale

In the immortal words of a certain Mr. Geller, "Tricks? I don't do tricks!"

Thanks to all of you for your greetings.

Mr. Streak may be correct about me: sometimes I'm boring. I find it difficult to take the comments of a poster who uses cartoon buttocks as an avatar seriously, though.

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
William Boutwell

William Boutwell wrote:

Mr. Streak may be correct about me: sometimes I'm boring. I find it difficult to take the comments of a poster who uses cartoon buttocks as an avatar seriously, though.

You would think someone that interested in entertainment would give us a "real" streaking. 

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
shelleymtjoy

shelleymtjoy wrote:
William Boutwell wrote:

You would think someone that interested in entertainment would give us a "real" streaking.

Behold, good fellows! A true and genuine agent provocateur! No mere siren is she, but a goddess of cheerful deceit and splendid treachery. I should warn you, fair vixen, to take heed: I have been known to offer such services to those young women who request it of me. The service, like all, however, comes at a price; generally, one that I charge by an hourly meter.

As to the question of my pixilated representation, I would presume it to be the result of an unorthodox anal stage of psychosexual development, or some other such Freudian nonsense. Suffice to say that my gluteal fixation is not without rhyme, let alone reason.

And as to the issue of my being taken seriously, it is fortunate for our oh-so-endeared, au courant new member that my being taken seriously is not a prerequisite for my being entertained. You can take me as you will. Might I suggest with a good brandy (an Hors d'Age Armagnac would be preferable)? It can help to mask my admittedly strong piquancy.

Mr. Atheist (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
William Boutwell

William Boutwell wrote:
Subdi Visions wrote:

Greetings Dale

In the immortal words of a certain Mr. Geller, "Tricks? I don't do tricks!"

Thanks to all of you for your greetings.

I don't believe those are buttocks, I think they are knees. 

William Boutwell
User is offlineOffline
LosingStreak06 wrote:

LosingStreak06 wrote:

Might I suggest with a good brandy (an Hors d'Age Armagnac would be preferable)? It can help to mask my admittedly strong piquancy.

Suggest whatever you please.

I suggest you stick it up your avatar. Innocent

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
William Boutwell

William Boutwell wrote:
LosingStreak06 wrote:

Might I suggest with a good brandy (an Hors d'Age Armagnac would be preferable)? It can help to mask my admittedly strong piquancy.

Suggest whatever you please.

I suggest you stick it up your avatar. Innocent

That's the spirit! We'll make a proper socialite out of you yet.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
LosingStreak06

LosingStreak06 wrote:

Behold, good fellows! A true and genuine agent provocateur! No mere siren is she, but a goddess of cheerful deceit and splendid treachery. I should warn you, fair vixen, to take heed: I have been known to offer such services to those young women who request it of me. The service, like all, however, comes at a price; generally, one that I charge by an hourly meter.

As to the question of my pixilated representation, I would presume it to be the result of an unorthodox anal stage of psychosexual development, or some other such Freudian nonsense. Suffice to say that my gluteal fixation is not without rhyme, let alone reason.

And as to the issue of my being taken seriously, it is fortunate for our oh-so-endeared, au courant new member that my being taken seriously is not a prerequisite for my being entertained. You can take me as you will. Might I suggest with a good brandy (an Hors d'Age Armagnac would be preferable)? It can help to mask my admittedly strong piquancy.

Alas! Your losing streak continues regardless of this declaration of the divinity of debaucherous derrieres. Her mind and body cringe at the mere thought of theist fingers invading what ought not be mentioned in mixed company. You are the embodiment of revulsion by virtue of your adhesion to mystic devilry.

What form of entertainment dost thou offer other than:

LosingStreak06 wrote:
My God happens to take the form of a fruit smoothie (namely, the 3-Berry Blast from Orange Julius)

One who prizes the camera shots of the audience over the celebrity fits into society rather well despite their disguised derogation of hedonism.

With scorn, I label your words as an affront to all dilettantes.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.