MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
LMMFAO!!!

LMMFAO!!!

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
 why we laugh

why we laugh  http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=why+we+laugh&btnG=Google+Search

.... Deep It Is  Undecided 

, some where I read that we often laugh for relief from the shock of hearing the "un-comfortable truth" .... Surprised 

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU wrote: ,

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

, some where I read that we often laugh for relief from the shock of hearing the "un-comfortable truth"

Reminds me of ignorant people who say "You can't explain why something is funny" and "Science will never be able to explain humor". So we shouldn't even do experiments, it's just like a religious belief.

This best explanation I've heard is that we create a closed system of rules about how something works. Think of building up to the joke in the beginning, you give several examples. It's like inflating a balloon.

Then, you give a sharp counter example(the punchline) which pops the balloon. We laugh when this system of beliefs or rules is blown apart.

Why religion is such a great target for humor. It puffs itself up with such over inflated claims. It is this giant overinflated balloon just ready to burst. Then you use a tiny sharp needle of rational thought to burst this big this giant balloon. So it's pretty funny when it bursts.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
So people laugh so much when

So people laugh so much when they're stoned because all their bubbles are popping at once?

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak wrote: So people

wavefreak wrote:
So people laugh so much when they're stoned because all their bubbles are popping at once?

This would make sense to me. In your sober mind, you are thinking within a framework of rules(a balloon if you will) to help you understand reality. The drugs act like a needle popping your balloon or a punchline of a joke.

Humor is very contagious. Physiological studies demonstrate that the ratings of whether jokes are funny or not funny is very highly correlated to the reaction of others(shills) in the room. Much like religious beliefs which are also highly contagious.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
  Xlint insight EXC, thanks

Xlint insight EXC, thanks for that analogy, I am pasting that in my "Wisdom" folder .... that's not funny btw ! .... but shit there goes a chuckle now !  Laughing