Welcome Thewebbie

thewebbie
User is offlineOffline
Welcome Thewebbie

Hello All..

I am new here! Yey.. I am a recent convert from Deism... Actually that was a compromise betwen Agnostic and Atheist. I was a chicken shit and could not just let go of god.... so an uncaring non-involved watch maker (my grandfather was a watch maker) was the cop out.

Being raised Jewish I can't always relate to the anti-cathloc sentiment.  I never had the threat of burning in hell held over me. Even so I spent years struggling with the concept of god. I finally realized when I became Deist that the fucking books that got pounded into my head were full of shit.

I had a real hard time with having a straight face when telling my kids about the Tooth Fairy and then god in the same breath.. Stupid... Obviously the Tooth Fairy exists... It's me.. I'm the one that puts the money under the pillow.. but my kids don't believe me now... Fuck... Shit.. They will get over it in time...

Reading atheist websites, loads of podcasts and a few good books like the god Delusion got me to let go of god finally.. I am happier for it but I live in fucking Houston Texas... I'm kind of opinionated and I am sure I'll eventually have my own blog.

Zombie
RRS local affiliate
Zombie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome on board sir.

Welcome on board sir. Smiling

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle

Welcome to the hizzle

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
So you went from discounts

So you went from discounts and lentle soup, to barbaquing kittens. Cool, so what did you do with your dradle?

Welcome my Hebrew friend. May your Matza balls always be rational. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
welcome to the forums! Have

welcome to the forums!

Have fun Smiling 

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Badbark
User is offlineOffline
Welcome! I went through a

Welcome!

I went through a similar process of "believing my parents nonsense" (I don't blame them as they were taught the same nonsense) to deist/agnostic then atheism and freedom from irrational thought.