If a Christian is truly a Christian how can he possibly get an erection?

ragdish
atheist
ragdish's picture
User is offlineOffline
If a Christian is truly a Christian how can he possibly get an erection?

And I can say the same for all belief systems which suppress lust. When a die hard Christian "saves" himself for marriage and then has sex for procreation with his wife (a "sacred and blessed event sanctified by God&quotEye-wink, how can he possibly get a hard on without lust. If lusty thoughts even in marriage is a sin, it would be impossible IMO to get it up. I think Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails tells it like it is with the song Closer ie. "I want to fuck you like an animal" (and oddly enough, it get's him closer to God). Anyone having sex, even those who are happily married must have these thoughts to get that bulbocavernosus muscle pumping. All that BS about intercourse being an intimate, emotional and spiritual moment where you are giving your body to your partner.....blah, blah blah! What a killjoy. Fucking is fucking!! Been married for 10 years to a spiritual woman. And even she knows when we do it doggy style, that "I'm just a dawg that begs for somethin' sweet." Even the most annoying, self-righteous, fundy shithead must think about cumming on his wife's tits. And that holier-than-thou woman must want to sit on her husband's face and seal his evangelical sermon spewing lips with her cunny juice. So all that virtue and holiness of sex is all crap! Totally repressive, fascist, limp dick, nun loving, semen halting, testicle atrophying, suicide-bomber loving, unadulterated crap!!!!

RagenGaijin
RagenGaijin's picture
User is offlineOffline
WFT?

WFT?

RickRebel
RickRebel's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's a line from a school

It's a line from a school play he's writing.

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Because of books like

Because of books like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Sex-God-Exploring-Connections-Spirituality/dp/0310263468/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201873298&sr=8...

The Christian mindset only wants to do good in the eyes of god...including making his/her partner happy.

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I am reminded of Ray

I am reminded of Ray Comfort conversing with our Mr. Sapient.

It was in the middle of the "Have you broken the Commandments?" spiel.

RC: Have you ever looked at a woman with lust in your heart?

S: Yes.

RC: Because you have red blood in your veins. Jesus said "If you look on a woman with lust in your heart, you've committed adultery with her"

---

So Jesus condemns me because I have a penis and might get aroused in the presence of a woman I find sexually stimulating?

My wife and I have sinned an awful lot (not so much now since I offend her Nazarene sensibilities with my atheism). 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow. That was an interesting

Wow. That was an interesting rant.

Blind_Chance
Blind_Chance's picture
User is offlineOffline
Religion of impotents ?

Religion of mental impotents ?

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
The cultural conception of

The cultural conception of sexuality has changed a LOT in the last two thousand years.  Frankly, it's basically useless to try to apply the biblical attitudes towards sex to modern day culture because, ironically, the church destroyed the cultural conceptions held by the very people it supposedly was representing.

This isn't to say one conception is better than the other, or worse, for that matter.  Humans' primary evolutionary reproductive advantages are our incredible adaptability and our lack of estrous cycles.  Or genes don't particularly care if we're happy with our mates, or if we have one or two or ten.  They care about whether copies get made.  That's why we can sustain cultures with monogomy, polygymy, loving marriages, arranged marriages, concubinage, and about a dozen other arrangements.

A brief survey of the mythologies that have contributed to todays cultural attitudes towards sex can be found in THIS ESSAY.  If you want to know more, I highly recommend picking up the books I have listed at the bottom.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

AmericanIdle
User is offlineOffline
ragdish wrote: When a die

ragdish wrote:
When a die hard Christian "saves" himself for marriage and then has sex for procreation with his wife (a "sacred and blessed event sanctified by God&quotEye-wink,

a sacred and blessed event...I like that ! It sounds so much better than those awful 4 letter words we use that will only send us all to hell.

- Y'know honey, you just laid there like a corpse through that entire sacred and blessed event.

- Gee, I'm sorry but when the entire sacred and blessed event lasts less than two minutes I hardly have a chance to move.

- Well maybe you could have actually participated instead of staring at the TV during the whole sacred and blessed event.

-  My apologies...I was riveted to a news story where a pastor was busted for trying to arrange a sacred and blessed event w/ a 13 yr. old he met online.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell