Why are lesbians so fucking delusional ? Or is it just a girl thing ?

Girl Dancing In...
Girl Dancing In Orbit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why are lesbians so fucking delusional ? Or is it just a girl thing ?

You probably don't care and this may not be the best forum to post this but I have to get this off my chest. I have tried to post something like this in a lesbian forum and they all wanted to kill me.

I don't know if it's just me but lesbians seems to love everything that doesn't involve rational thinking more than the general population and I just can't understand why. From astrology to hand readers, premonition dreams to angels and ghosts. We just can't seem to have enough of that, and let's not even talk about God. I have met very intelligent women that will not date me because my astrological sign wouldn't match theirs, and so, more than once. What the fuck's up with that ?

Strong dyke figures such as Ellen deGeneres promoting movies such as The Secret along with powerful women like Oprah surely doesn't help. But why the hell are we so fond of that ? I have no answer for it but only questions.

Is it me that is blinded because I'm a gay women to and that I tend to look more closely at my community than at people in general ? Maybe that the general public is as delusional as dykes but I don't think so and I think that it sucks.

Or maybe its a girl thing. Do you think that girls in general are more superstitious than guys ?

Si Dieu existe, c'est Son problème !
If God exists, it's His problem !--Graffiti on the walls of the Sorbonne (France), May 1968
romancedlife.blogspot.com

magilum
User is offlineOffline
As a guy, I think girls are

As a guy, I think girls are more comfortable with what I'd consider non-answers to things, almost as a point of principle. That's my impression, I could be wrong, and other applicable disclaimers.

Vessel
Vessel's picture
User is offlineOffline
Girl Dancing In Orbit

Girl Dancing In Orbit wrote:

You probably don't care and this may not be the best forum to post this but I have to get this off my chest. I have tried to post something like this in a lesbian forum and they all wanted to kill me.

I don't know if it's just me but lesbians seems to love everything that doesn't involve rational thinking more than the general population and I just can't understand why. From astrology to hand readers, premonition dreams to angels and ghosts. We just can't seem to have enough of that, and let's not even talk about God. I have met very intelligent women that will not date me because my astrological sign wouldn't match theirs, and so, more than once. What the fuck's up with that ?

Strong dyke figures such as Ellen deGeneres promoting movies such as The Secret along with powerful women like Oprah surely doesn't help. But why the hell are we so fond of that ? I have no answer for it but only questions.

Is it me that is blinded because I'm a gay women to and that I tend to look more closely at my community than at people in general ? Maybe that the general public is as delusional as dykes but I don't think so and I think that it sucks.

Or maybe its a girl thing. Do you think that girls in general are more superstitious than guys ?

At the risk of being skewered, I would suggest that it might be a female thing. It is entirely possible, though I do not have the necessary data to support this at hand, that women are more prone to form beliefs on the basis of emotion. Of course, I'm not saying that men never do or that all women are delusional. I am just saying that it seems entirely plausible to me that this is often the case. Most of these type of beliefs seem to be 'feel good' types of beliefs.

“Philosophers have argued for centuries about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, but materialists have always known it depends on whether they are jitterbugging or dancing cheek to cheek" -- Tom Robbins

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
I read as far as "lesbians

I read as far as "lesbians fucking" in the topic. Then I had to go do other things.

RagenGaijin
RagenGaijin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just curious are you the

Just curious are you the masculine or feminine half of a lesbian relationship? I know its not always that simple but I had to ask a question to start somewhere.

Women make up most of the Christian congregation while the few elders are always male.

I was close friends with a lesbian at work and I thought she was awesome. She invited me to her new years party and her house was filled with lesbians and they all were irrational. Most were wiccan that were literally casting spells in the living room or "spiritual" in a buddist karma type way.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
In fairness, and covering my

In fairness, and covering my own ass, I should say that I know of many women in roles requiring rigorous logical standards; many of which I consider more logical than myself. It's not a specific limitation, as far as I can tell, more a prerogative that society reinforces the exercise of.

Girl Dancing In...
User is offlineOffline
RagenGaijin wrote: Just

RagenGaijin wrote:

Just curious are you the masculine or feminine half of a lesbian relationship? I know its not always that simple but I had to ask a question to start somewhere.

lol. I hate that fucking question and I don't think it as anything to do with it (but I forgive you lol). Let's just say that I was kinda tomboy when I was younger but it's fading away as I'm getting older.

If God exists, it's His problem !--Graffiti on the walls of the Sorbonne (France), May 1968

Vessel
Vessel's picture
User is offlineOffline
magilum wrote: In fairness,

magilum wrote:
In fairness, and covering my own ass, I should say that I know of many women in roles requiring rigorous logical standards; many of which I consider more logical than myself. It's not a specific limitation, as far as I can tell, more a prerogative that society reinforces the exercise of.

Would you expose your ass enough to suggest that there may be an existing tendancy which society reinforces?

It seems reasonable that given the natures expectation of women as offspring raisers women might have a natural tendancy toward emotion based belief.  

“Philosophers have argued for centuries about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, but materialists have always known it depends on whether they are jitterbugging or dancing cheek to cheek" -- Tom Robbins

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Vessel wrote: magilum

Vessel wrote:

magilum wrote:

Would you expose your ass enough to suggest that there may be an existing tendancy which society reinforces?

It seems reasonable that given the natures expectation of women as offspring raisers women might have a natural tendancy toward emotion based belief.  

I'd suspect so--I'd also suspect some universality to the phenomenon across cultures--though it's difficult to say to what extent. It brings to mind whether a theory of cultural gender roles would follow similar models to language and religion; where there are general tendencies that can manifest and become more disparate between cultures as they're refined.

Fish
User is offlineOffline
RagenGaijin wrote:

RagenGaijin wrote:

This question, while insulting to gays, should be insulting to straight people as well. It furthers the assumption that there are, or should be, defined masculine and feminine roles in a relationship. If a wife works to support her husband and children, if she the "masculine half" of their heterosexual relationship?

Clearly, social "norms" exist today, established by history and tradition. I would hope, however, that it would be possible to move beyond such unnecessary divisions, particularly on a forum claiming to aspire to rational behavior.

Tarpan
Special Agent
User is offlineOffline
Answer: Women are nuts.

Answer: Women are nuts.

Girl Dancing In...
User is offlineOffline
magilum wrote: As a guy, I

magilum wrote:
As a guy, I think girls are more comfortable with what I'd consider non-answers to things, almost as a point of principle. That's my impression, I could be wrong, and other applicable disclaimers.

Well, that is my impression to. Maby not as a point of principle (not sure what it means but I think I do... I'm not an english speaker) I don't think any of us say things like "Yeah I believe in things for no reasons all the time" even if that's what some of us are doing.

I apreciate your opinion guys and I would like to have a girl's point of view on this one, but they probably won't even read this post since there's the word "lesbian" in the topic. lol 

fish wrote:

This question, while insulting to gays, should be insulting to straight people as well. It furthers the assumption that there are, or should be, defined masculine and feminine roles in a relationship. If a wife works to support her husband and children, if she the "masculine half" of their heterosexual relationship?

Clearly, social "norms" exist today, established by history and tradition. I would hope, however, that it would be possible to move beyond such unnecessary divisions, particularly on a forum claiming to aspire to rational behavior.

Thank you fish  :D  Can't agree more with you on that one.

Jark
User is offlineOffline
RagenGaijin wrote: I was

RagenGaijin wrote:

I was close friends with a lesbian at work and I thought she was awesome. She invited me to her new years party and her house was filled with lesbians and they all were irrational. Most were wiccan that were literally casting spells in the living room or "spiritual" in a buddist karma type way.

I dated a girl that for a few months that ended up being a lesbian. We are still very good friends and her girlfriend is awesome. I tried hit on her until I realized she was with my friend. Anyways i ended up spending new years in a lesbian bar. It was an educational experience. 

My friend and her girlfriend expressed similar concerns as "Girl Dancing" did about other girls. They also complained about the ridiculous amount of drama in the lesbian community in general. That might just be the girl thing. At least my friend is agnostic and I’m not sure what her GF thinks, but she seemed very antireligious. They did make comments about astrological signs and such though. It was interesting that her GF and I, her last BF, have the same sign. None of us take that shit seriously but one of them wants to get a tattoo of her sign. That’s just because she likes tattoos though.

Atheist, Skeptic, Microbiologist

Girl Dancing In...
User is offlineOffline
Jark wrote: They also

Jark wrote:

They also complained about the ridiculous amount of drama in the lesbian community in general.

LOL

You have no idea ! 

RagenGaijin
RagenGaijin's picture
User is offlineOffline
I was asking if you were the

I was asking if you were the masculine one to see if "masculinity" loosely correlates with rationality or if rationality is though of as being masculine.I know its no scientific study, I was just curious. Also thanks for being gracious about my question.

EDIT: I also notice tranny men also start acting funny like you are describing. Maybe a lot of girls or people that want to be girls have the wrong ideas of what makes a "girl"

RickRebel
RickRebel's picture
User is offlineOffline
Girl Dancing In...

Girl Dancing In... wrote:

The same thing happened to me about a year ago. I was in a gay group and started talking about the delusion of Christianity and some of the gay Christians said that I was being hateful and demanded that I apologize to them.

I haven't been back since.

Frosty's coming back someday. Will you be ready?

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
In my experience, it's a

In my experience, it's a female thing. I would guess that there are some sociological influences, though, and not that women are inherently irrational.

It doesn't help when every women's magazine has a horoscope section in it. When little irrational things are stuck into stuff that women experience every day, it's not hard for me to see that they could be heavily influential.

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Maybe women are more taken

Maybe women are more taken to astrology or UFO cults, etc. because these are not male dominated hierarchies which they have historically been excluded from.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
1) Culturally reinforced

1) Culturally reinforced socialization of women as "feelers," not "thinkers."

2) Consistent de-emphasis on advanced education for women.

3) Insanely large numbers of self-help books published specifically for women.

4) Cosmo. 'Nuff Said.

Sexual myths are extremely difficult to get away from. Even dyed in the wool liberal bleeding heart hippies often have deeply rooted concepts of what is "natural sexuality." In the same way that theists part company with reality when their theism conflicts with objectivity, non-traditional sexual preferences lend themselves to cognitive dissonance.

In other words, a person feels instinctively that they are a certain way, and all the logic adds up, but society, friends, family, and 99% of all the media in the country disagrees. Cognitive dissonance causes a break with reality.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Girl Dancing In...
User is offlineOffline
As of today, I have

As of today, I have officially been banned from the lesbian forum that I talked about earlier, they told me :

- You give lesbians a bad name.

If for a reason or another, anyone here agrees with this, just know that :

I am not a fucking flag holder for dykes or feminists neither for atheism nor any fucking cause you can think of. I hold my own flag, and if you don't like it...

Go fuck yourself !

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Girl Dancing In Orbit

Girl Dancing In Orbit wrote:

As of today, I have officially been banned from the lesbian forum that I talked about earlier, they told me :

- You give lesbians a bad name.

If for a reason or another, anyone here agrees with this, just know that :

I am not a fucking flag holder for dykes or feminists neither for atheism nor any fucking cause you can think of. I hold my own flag, and if you don't like it...

Go fuck yourself !

*claps slowly*

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
We won't ban you here, Girl

We won't ban you here, Girl Dancing in Orbit.

We love you.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
For some reason, the only

For some reason, the only thing in my brain right now is Eddie Izzard, dressed smartly in female clothes, wearing dashingly effective makeup, saying...

"Do you have a flag?"

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
Izzard and Ricky Gervais are

Izzard and Ricky Gervais are my favorite English comedians.