Beware of a movie that is masquerading as a scientific documentary.

Girl Dancing In...
Girl Dancing In Orbit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beware of a movie that is masquerading as a scientific documentary.

There is this movie circulating around that I'm earing more and more about lately. It's called "What the bleep do we know!?"

This piece of shit pretends to be a scientific documentary about quantum mechanics and it's implications on consciousness. Do not be fooled, this movie is nothing more than a pseudo scientific infomercial promoting a cult named Ramtha School of enlightenment.

Ramtha is a 35 000 years old Lemurian warrior being channeled by a 60 year old lady that is portrayed in the movie as an expert.

Be warned before watching this deceiving, dishonest and very well done movie !

Si Dieu existe, c'est Son problème !
If God exists, it's His problem !--Graffiti on the walls of the Sorbonne (France), May 1968
romancedlife.blogspot.com

Aerik
BloggerRational VIP!Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Already taken care of long

Already taken care of long ago. Here's a link to a review by Intuitor's Stupidly Insulting Movie Physics.

http://www.intuitor.com/moviephysics/bleep.html

Girl Dancing In...
User is offlineOffline
I know, there are tons of

I know, there are tons of critics of this movie. But lately, as I said, a lot of people have been talking to me about this movie since I'm interested in QM.

So let's say that this thread is a reminder.

If God exists, it's His problem !--Graffiti on the walls of the Sorbonne (France), May 1968

Visual_Paradox
atheistRational VIP!Special Agent
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've seen it. It has a lot

I've seen it. It has a lot of entertainment value but no educational value. That's an impressive feat for a psuedoscience film because they usually fail in both respects.

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes!

cam
User is offlineOffline
yes this "Docudrama" is for

yes this "Docudrama" is for the gullible. I've talked to several people who thought this movie was really insightful.  It's very dangerous new age shit.

Girl Dancing In...
User is offlineOffline
You can see some of the

You can see some of the same folks in the other fucking retarded movie "The secret : the law of attraction"

Like Asshole Ph.D. Fred Alan Wolf.

If you see him in the streets tell him  "Alice says Fuck you." 

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've seen some of it, though

I've seen some of it, though not all of it. I didn't buy the whole water crystal things, and they seem to suppor the CCC interputation of Qm which poses problems.

Zombie
RRS local affiliate
Zombie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, this movie has been

Yeah, this movie has been around for a while, debunked throughly and still is sure to piss off anyone who knows anything on the topics being discussed in the movie. Lol

Morte alla tyrannus et dei

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
    go camping, and find

go camping, and find god , in his best movie ever ....  New Age people don't fish ..... Cry

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
I once had a professor

I once had a professor recommend that movie. She even used the water crystal study as part of class curriculum. We all had a good laugh at it.

Fire
Fire's picture
User is offlineOffline
Haha. I saw that movie. I

Haha. I saw that movie. I like to call it "What the bleep are we talking about"

shikko
User is offlineOffline
Zombie wrote: Yeah, this

Zombie wrote:
Yeah, this movie has been around for a while, debunked throughly and still is sure to piss off anyone who knows anything on the topics being discussed in the movie. Lol

Hey, I take exception to this! I know SFA about quantum mechanics and that movie STILL pissed me off. Smiling

Gah, I watched about 20 minutes of it, after an acquaintance said I should. 20 minutes was all I could take, and I never could think of a good way to tell him just how terrible the movie was.

--
maybe if this sig is witty, someone will love me.

Girl Dancing In...
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
I've seen some of it, though not all of it. I didn't buy the whole water crystal things, and they seem to suppor the CCC interputation of Qm which poses problems.

My English is not good enough to tell you how fucking stupid this whole water crystal thing is, so I won't even try.

Another funny part is when the Indians couldn't see this huge fucking boat coming because their brain never saw a boat before, therefor they were blind to boats.

And not only do they support CCC, they make you believe that it's the only way QM can be interpreted. But it gets even worst, they deliberately fail to explain it correctly and they make it sound way more magical than the "serious" CCC interpretation.

What else would you expect from a 35 000 y.o. Lemurian Warrior anyways.

Fire wrote:
Haha. I saw that movie. I like to call it "What the bleep are we talking about"

lol

A reviewer called it "A bleep of faith".

I liked that one.