Tiger attack, "Only God knows"

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline

That old and tired bad logic crops up in unfortunate animal attack.

The parent of the teen killed by the tiger invokes god and the "mystery" of why the tiger attacked. "Only God Knows".

If God knew it was going to happen why the fuck didnt he stop it? What possibly did that teen do to deserve God sitting it out saying, "Sorry kid, I am going to watch the tiger kill you so I can have you in heaven with me".

Of course I dont buy this garbage of a bearded man in the sky existing, weither you want to call such a being "selective, or consistant". It is bullshit.

Animals attack, not because of magic fictional beings, they attack for one simple reason not requiring the intervention or lack of intervention of hocus pokus. The tiger attacked because it felt threatened. NO MAGICAL BEING REQUIRED TO EXPLAIN THE OBVIOUS.

There must have been a disign flaw in the habitat that allowed the tiger to get out, or to allow the victims to get too close. Either way there is a perfectly natural explination as to why this horrific attack happend.

Unfortunatly, due to the incompetance of the habitat disigners and the protocal of the zoo, one person is dead, two others mauled severly and one dead tiger who was merely protecting itself.

When are these fans of this fictional being going to realize God didnt do anything because God DOES NOT EXIST!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: That old

Brian37 wrote:

That old and tired bad logic crops up in unfortunate animal attack.

The parent of the teen killed by the tiger invokes god and the "mystery" of why the tiger attacked. "Only God Knows".

Maybe the kid let the tiger out of the enclosure and god thought, "Meh. Stupid human. The tiger is just doing its thing." 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Yep, Weither it was the

Yep,

Weither it was the teen's fault, or the zoo's fault or a combo of both, human error is to blame. No magical man in a white robe vs a man in a red leotard needed to explain it.

Humans faild to make the environment failsafe, that is the bottem line. Weither the tiger got out, or was let out, humans missed some flaw in the building desing or their protocal. HUMAN ERROR, not God, is what happened here. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

RickRebel
RickRebel's picture
User is offlineOffline
The god of the bible is a

The god of the bible is a child killer. All through the old testament you can find god murdering children and babies. One story in the bible tells of god sending a bear to kill some kids. Another one tells of god threatening to send wild animals to kill other children. Any Christian who knows the holy scripture should understand that their god loves to kill kids. This shouldn't be a surprise to bible believing Christians.

Frosty's coming back someday. Will you be ready?

brights
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Maybe the

Brian37 wrote:

Maybe the kid let the tiger out of the enclosure and god thought, "Meh. Stupid human. The tiger is just doing its thing."

Hahahaha that's funny

If the parent had blamed their god I bet the other fundies would have come running to stop the parent from blaming god.  They do that to keep the sheeple in line, they are almost always told the god knows best.  The parent who said this is obviously hurt and suffering a terrible loss, as we all know.  I noticed it seems to comfort them by believing some invisible god is caring for their loved one after death.   I never read the full story so I don't know where the parents were at the time, I don't know if there is any guilt they may feel by not blaming the god.  Just a thought.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
It was a domesticated

It was a domesticated tiger.  So the question is, what is the cause of all domestic incidents?  Modern music, computer games and movies of course!  Therefore we can see that the tiger had been playing GTA3 while watching Harry Potter and listening to 50 cent and this is what lead it to kill this poor kid!  BAN ALL MUSIC GAMES AND MOVIES DAMMIT!  WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN??? 

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
As Chef on south park put it

As Chef on south park put it God is a vengeful man who cant forgive us humans for something we did a few thousand years ago, those tears are the tears that drive him. He gives use life and air and such just so he can take it away again...

p.s. not exact quote but close enough, Stem cell resaerch episode where Kenny dies...

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
brights wrote: Brian37

brights wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Hahahaha that's funny

If the parent had blamed their god I bet the other fundies would have come running to stop the parent from blaming god. They do that to keep the sheeple in line, they are almost always told the god knows best. The parent who said this is obviously hurt and suffering a terrible loss, as we all know. I noticed it seems to comfort them by believing some invisible god is caring for their loved one after death. I never read the full story so I don't know where the parents were at the time, I don't know if there is any guilt they may feel by not blaming the god. Just a thought.

Watch your quote function. I am no perfectionist myself, anyone who reads my posts knows that. But it helps if you dont mess up and make it read like someone else said it. I didnt say that. Scroll up and check the quote you quoted.

Be carefull when first getting into a new post with a quote. Dont automatically trust where your curser is. Most of the time it is NOT at the bottem of the post. For some reason it shows up in the middle of the text you quoted and if you dont scroll down, what you type can actually screw up the text you are quoting.

I believe that Wavefreak made that quote, not me. 

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: I believe

Brian37 wrote:

Heh heh. But it could have been said by a lot of people around here. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
wavefreak wrote: Brian37

wavefreak wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

I belelieve that you stole your response to my post from my almighty snarfwidget:

snarfwidget wrote:
Interview by Jenny Jingle with the almighty snarfwidget. Originally published on page 75 of Harper's Bizzar May, 1982.

brights
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline

Brian37 wrote:
brights wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Hahahaha that's funny

If the parent had blamed their god I bet the other fundies would have come running to stop the parent from blaming god. They do that to keep the sheeple in line, they are almost always told the god knows best. The parent who said this is obviously hurt and suffering a terrible loss, as we all know. I noticed it seems to comfort them by believing some invisible god is caring for their loved one after death. I never read the full story so I don't know where the parents were at the time, I don't know if there is any guilt they may feel by not blaming the god. Just a thought.

Watch your quote function. I am no perfectionist myself, anyone who reads my posts knows that. But it helps if you dont mess up and make it read like someone else said it. I didnt say that. Scroll up and check the quote you quoted.

Be carefull when first getting into a new post with a quote. Dont automatically trust where your curser is. Most of the time it is NOT at the bottem of the post. For some reason it shows up in the middle of the text you quoted and if you dont scroll down, what you type can actually screw up the text you are quoting.

How did that happen?!? `~` I clicked on the quote button (bottom right) of the post I replied to and then scrollded down to the bottom in the reply after the  backslash quote.  I just automatically assumed it would post correct. I do have to be careful that doesn't happen again. I have never seen this happen before.

Sheesh I know I have been sick and drugged up but didn't think I was that drugged up on medication.   Sorry about that Brian37, no harm intended and yes it was wavefreak who made that quote, I though it was funny as you can see.

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: wavefreak

Brian37 wrote:
wavefreak wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

I belelieve that you stole your response to my post from my almighty snarfwidget:

snarfwidget wrote:
Interview by Jenny Jingle with the almighty snarfwidget. Originally published on page 75 of Harper's Bizzar May, 1982.

Look. Everyone knows that snarfwidgets are clairvoyant and that it knew I would post that. So it used it in Harper's just so you could chap my ass 25 years later.. 

brights
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline

Snarfwidget   Ha ha ha ha ha ha that's funny, I never heard of snarfwidget.