Islam

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Islam

The RRS and many other atheists are often criticized for being supposedly promoting only "anti-Christian" ideas instead of discussing atheism. I wish to take some time, therefore, to address this by means of doing what such detractors wish and targeting Islam.

Any sane and unadulterated examination of the human improvement of moral systems will find the bulk of Islam standing eye deep in the red barbarity of the Fourteenth Century

-Sam Harris

May Allah rip his spine from his back and split his brain in two, and then put them back together and do it again and again and again

-A comment from IslamOnline on Salman Rushdie for The Satanic Verses

Behead those who say Islam is violent

-Seen (apparently without irony) on a Muslim protest against The Satanic Verses in London

Modern Islam is an odd and fascinating religion. By “odd” I mean “insane”, and by “fascinating” I again mean “insane”. Although a sizeable chunk of readers are in the United States and therefore despairing at the corrosive nature of the rabid, fundamentalist Christianity, I assure you that Islam is a far more dangerous and more savage entity, one which I am fully unashamed to say must be completely destroyed if our society has any hopes of moving forward to a progressive and sane future of humanity.

It is the only religion still in existence that punishes (by death) the fictional and non-existent crime of Blasphemy, by means of the charming methods of burning at the stake and being crushed by means of toppling a large heavy wall over execution victims

It is the only religion still in existence which openly endorses world domination, indeed, considers this a necessary and inevitable occurrence (the ummah)

It is the only religion still in existence which maintains Evangelism by the sword (especially in North Africa and the Gulf of Arabia)

It is the only religion still in existence which openly endorses execution for apostasy, homosexuality and rape (the victim not the assailant)

It is the only religion still in existence where criticism is likely to lavish upon the detractors numerous death threats and actual attempts at the execution of said death threats, often accompanied by lurid promises of having one’s innards repeatedly ripped out by Allah (as seen above)

It is the only religion still in existence which openly murders its detractors or attempts to do so (Theo van Gogh, Orna Facilli, Ayaan Hirsi-Ali, Irshad Manji and Salman Rushdie)

It is the only religion still in existence which has spawned and maintained fully-fledged modern-day theocratic nations with laws that represent a regression of jurisprudence of approximately fourteen centuries. It is the only religion still in existence which maintains its codified jurisprudence as a system of governance of modern nations despite that such texts were written in 630AD, the Sharia.

It is the only religion still in existence which openly maintains the concepts of jizya and the dhimmi. The jizya is a “tax” for non-believers living under Islamic jurisprudence, a dhimmi being a said non-believer under Islamic governance.

It is the only religion still in existence where open mocking (something that is a fundamental and necessary part of freedom of expression) is met not only with violent threats from Islam itself, but also outrage in nations where such freedom of expression is supposedly openly endorsed**

It is the only religion still in existence which does not recognize the concept of freedom of or from religion, and feels that death threats are a necessary response to any detraction, and refuses to act in compatibility with the concept of freedom of or from religion

It is the only religion in the world where a cleric who openly endorses the assignation of blame of rape on the female victim for showing skin, or openly endorses a second Holocaust (in their own words) is considered a “moderate”. Presumably, then, seeing as it is quite impossible to get more rabid than that, one is only labeled a “fundamentalist” after flying a 30,000 pound incendiary bomb into a building

**To make up for this, I suggest that since we have a “Worldwide religion day” we should also have a “Fuck Worldwide Religion Day”. On this day, as much offensive, anti-religious cartoons, articles etc are celebrated and openly printed. For the next several years after this day is enacted, there should be a surplus of anti-Islamic such articles to make up for the atrocious violence instigated by Islam after the Danish Cartoons.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fundamentalist Christianity

Fundamentalist Christianity annoys me. Militant Islam scares the hell out of me. Extreme Islam strikes me as capable of justifiying a nuclear holocaust rather then admitting defeat in the sphere of ideas. An "if I can't beat you then you'll burn with me" attitude.

Zombie
RRS local affiliate
Zombie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Good points, but its a

Good points, but its a matter of scale, plenty of xtians think when the world has been enviromentally degarded enough, the lord jeebus will rea-appear.

Or is jerusalem disappears in a nuke fireball, it`ll be a sign of GOOD times ahead. Sad 

Morte alla tyrannus et dei

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zombie wrote: Good points,

Zombie wrote:

Good points, but its a matter of scale, plenty of xtians think when the world has been enviromentally degarded enough, the lord jeebus will rea-appear.

Or is jerusalem disappears in a nuke fireball, it`ll be a sign of GOOD times ahead. Sad

Yeah. But the xtians I've met that think this are cowards. They don't have the balls to pull the trigger. They're just waiting around for somebody "evil" to do the job for them. In a way this is just as frightening.  Rather than working against such madness, they sit on the sidelines waiting for the fireworks or even worse, goading on those that would be willing to blow us all up.

"Woo hoo. Another suicide attack. Jesus is coming!!"

Tilberian
Tilberian's picture
User is offlineOffline
Another scary aspect of

Another scary aspect of Islam is its structural fundamentalism. Strict and absolute adherence to the written words in the Koran is explicitly required to an extent not seen in Christianity, and, in the event that there is confusion over interpretation, the even more violent and oppressive hadiths are supplied. It is more difficult to use the words of the Koran to defend the position that one should not literally follow the Koran than it is to use the Bible against itself in the same way. This may seem a small point, but we see the effects today among rank-and-file Muslims. As a group, they show much less variance in their beliefs and far more adherence to extreme and absolutist positions than equivalent groups from other religions. You can go out on the street anywhere in the Muslim world and get widespread approval for the idea that infidels should be prosecuted in some way. This just isn't the case with other religions.

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Islam is not just a

Islam is not just a religion but a political system, a government.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
    yup, aiia "Islam is

yup, aiia 

"Islam is not just a religion but a political system, a government."

Yeah no seperation,

I like that Jesus/Buddha, the religious just don't get it. Even the wisdom of Muhammad got corrupted. Islamists and Xians and Judaist suck .... come together, get naked ... does god wear clothes ? hee hee ....

Decoding the past ) Secrets of the Koran... History Channel , 1hr 30 min , so much like the OT, etc

Secrets of the Koran

Strafio
Strafio's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't suppose that you (or

I don't suppose that you (or a mod) could shorten that link? At the moment it is stretching the page. Just put in tags like [url =http://puttheurlhere.com]Give is a really short name that won't stretch the page!! Eye-wink[/ url] Then it will look like: Give is a really short name that won't stretch the page!! Eye-wink and won't stretch the page anymore! Smiling

[ok done]

Nice one! Smiling

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
    thanks Strafio, we

thanks Strafio, we must learn to link. Please help us dummies, I will try, so I will learn links ....

anyway,  that "Koran" movie I sent is revealing of religious stupidity ....  wish the xains would digest it ....

HC Grindon
High Level DonorModerator
User is offlineOffline
Quote: **To make up for

Quote:

**To make up for this, I suggest that since we have a “Worldwide religion day” we should also have a “Fuck Worldwide Religion Day”. On this day, as much offensive, anti-religious cartoons, articles etc are celebrated and openly printed. For the next several years after this day is enacted, there should be a surplus of anti-Islamic such articles to make up for the atrocious violence instigated by Islam after the Danish Cartoons.

How about Sept 11 or July 7? 

Jeff Poole
Jeff Poole's picture
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

anyway,  that "Koran" movie I sent is revealing of religious stupidity ....  wish the xains would digest it ....

But if the Koran is just a silly collection of propaganda to instill hate and fear in mindless followers, isn't that even more proof that Christianity is the only true path?

JDP

what's wrong with self-imoliation as a form of protest?

Tilberian
Tilberian's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeff Poole wrote: I AM GOD

Jeff Poole wrote:
I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

anyway, that "Koran" movie I sent is revealing of religious stupidity .... wish the xains would digest it ....

But if the Koran is just a silly collection of propaganda to instill hate and fear in mindless followers, isn't that even more proof that Christianity is the only true path?

Only if you accept total non-sequiters as "proof."

My desk is not an elephant. Therefore my car is an elephant.

Excuse me, I have to go feed my car now. 

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown