YAI - (Yet Another Introduction)

michaels-62-
User is offlineOffline
YAI - (Yet Another Introduction)

Hello all,

Just joined the site and thought I would say hello before I start browsing around. It looks like a neat and active forum.

I was raised as a Methodist but my parents weren't particularly strict about things. Like most kids who go to church, I simply took God as a given. My first pangs of doubt on the subject came from the church itself. When I was in Confirmation class, our pastor told us to get Bibles if we didn't already have one. She said to make sure that if we bought one to not get a Bible "with red pages down the middle". She was refering to the Apochrypha of the Catholic Bible. She said, "those are just stories and we don't believe in them". This naturally got me to thinking...if the "red pages" are just stories, whose to say the rest of them aren't "just stories" too? And who gets to decide what are "just stories" and what is the truth?

The second pang was when I was at a Bible retreat (God, I hate those!), where someone quite innocently asked the age old problem of evil question (Why do bad things happen to good people if God is there to protect us). The answer was so long and stumbling that it made me think again.

So, now I'm a full fledged aethist. The journey from "I have doubts about this whole thing" to finally admitting to myself that I don't believe in God was a long and interesting one.

Anyways...enough rambling.

Hello and see you on the boards!

Michael

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle.

Welcome to the hizzle.

Zombie
RRS local affiliate
Zombie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just adding my welcome sir.

Just adding my welcome sir. Smiling

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I feel you Michael.  I was

I feel you Michael.  I was raised Southern Baptist and what started me to wondering was an arguement over rather you could lose salvation after you were born again.

Man, look logically at your faith and you lose religion.  Ain't that a bitch? 

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   I am the most important

I am the most important of all , "I am god as you", so glad you found this RRS place, it's buddha resserected in the west !  hee haw ..... I'll explain later , maybe , as the song always plays ......

-------------------------------------------

[edit] See that guy below me, don't mess with him, he's from below, and spreading hell's eternal fire, pray for the devil !

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum.  The

Welcome to the forum.  The fellow above isn't retarded (I know it looks it).  He's just higher than a kite. So, welcome again.

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

michaels-62-
User is offlineOffline
Thanks everyone!

Thanks to everyone for the welcome.

Michael