god is a steakum

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
god is a steakum

my 14 year old son came up with this analogy regarding the  "Thou shalt have no other gods before me" commandment:

if the xian god is nothing more than a composite of other gods, and by xian protocol all other gods are false, then essentially that would mean that all the other gods are fake meat, and therefore the xian god is a steakum.

that's my boy Smiling 

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
What's a steakum?

What's a steakum?

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote: What's a

Watcher wrote:
What's a steakum?

though i think it varies depending on geography, here in the midwest it's a lovely processed "meat" pattie. but if you can find any trace of actual meat in it, consider yourself extremely lucky. 

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens

The_Fragile
The_Fragile's picture
User is offlineOffline
The steakums I remember were

The steakums I remember were very thinly sliced pieces of beef. I can't recall if they were processed or not. I do remember them being quite delicious though. I kind of want one now.

I hope they cannot see
the limitless potential
living inside of me
to murder everything.
I hope they cannot see
I am the great destroyer.

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think the correct

I think the correct spelling is "steakummmmmmm".

Yeah, I remember they came frozen, but they were so thinly sliced that they finished cooking in maybe 30 seconds.

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

Orangustang
Orangustang's picture
User is offlineOffline
geirj wrote: I think the

geirj wrote:

Yeah, I remember they came frozen, but they were so thinly sliced that they finished cooking in maybe 30 seconds.

The brand name is actually Steak-Umm! (with the exclamation point). I use them regularly on quesadillas. They're quite tasty. It's low quality beef, but it's all meat, I'm pretty sure.

I would have to say God is more like a hot dog.

The great tragedy of Science - the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact.
- Thomas H. Huxley

When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.
- Abraham Lincoln

The_Fragile
The_Fragile's picture
User is offlineOffline
geirj wrote: I think the

geirj wrote:

Right and they'd pop and splatter grease everywhere. As you were cooking them. I usually placed them on some hoagie bread, with a little american cheese and mustard. Tasty stuff.

I hope they cannot see
the limitless potential
living inside of me
to murder everything.
I hope they cannot see
I am the great destroyer.

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
hmmm..prepackaged, thinly

hmmm..prepackaged, thinly cut, easy to prepare and consume, goes down easier with some dressing up, some think it's real, some don't, some don't know..

now that's interesting..