Muslims vs Christians and treatment of women OP/ED.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Muslims vs Christians and treatment of women OP/ED.

Now while there is an obvios statistic differance on average of size between men and women because of testosterone I do not think that western women know that in some ways, are being sold just as short as women in opressive burkas.

I just saw an assinine clip on Fox that showed a clip of a Muslim cleric  discribing HOW to "beat their wives". Of course in the western world we find this justifiably abhorant.

Here is my point, violence is not the only way to subjegate a group. deep indoctrination of "roles" does not need to be spread through physical violence. It can be simply an idea that is passed down by one generation to the next.

In America when you watch comercials for household products, the ones aimed at women are things like kitchen suplies and vacuums and laundry and baby care. This may be a natural differance between sexes, but unfortunatly it is marketing that doesnt allow for breaking the mold.

Evangelicals in America would agree, I would hope, that this moron is wrong for using violence to subjegate a women. But, hipocrictally even without the "violence" most right wing evangelcials expect a woman to have a certain role.

Here is my point. When someone says, "Hitting a women is wrong" I want to smack them myself. Here is what would really be equal to me, "Conflict resolution should not involve violent contact" But unfortunatly that doesnt make a decent bumpersticker.

Insted women buy into their subjegation by using their sex, and not their physical size.

I think it is fantastic, no matter what size has to do with it, when someone proves themselves. All biology asside, woman can compete intelectually and be good leaders, be it the bread winner of the family, or the leader of a country.

Women in America still fall into the trap of what society tells them they should be. Most, not all right wing Christians see the male as dominate and the woman as the subordanate, even if not physically abused.

If a woman wants to compete in politics or business, there is nothing stopping them. If a woman is the head of the household, there is nothing wrong with that. My point is, as disguesting as what this moron said, it has to do with religion's antiquated bullshit of what females should do. But to say that the west has outgrown that is a lie too.

I dont think that obvious physicall differances between the sexes needs to be a blanket statement of what a man or woman should do.

When it comes to physical violence, what does sex have to do with it? I know I didnt like getting hit by another man. But I would not be in the least ashamed if a female police officer shot someone attacking me.

This guy is still living in the past, no doubt. But I think the west is still clinging to gender roles too. We may not accept violence toward woman, but why cant we say "I dont accept violence at all".

Women are still subjegated because they are bombarded with cleaning supplies and diapers. If I own a business, I wouldnt give a shit what you have between your legs as long as you can physically and mentally keep up.

Relationships should be looked at as "who is best at what" "how well do we work well together", not "Because you are a women you must iron my cloths. How is that any different than saying, "If you question me I will strike you". 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   I'm voting for

I'm voting for Hillary, and welcome a women president as real world progress, and it ain't about Bill .... it's the lesser of evil vote I'm allowed. Who will be the vice pres candidate ? Gore again, Kucinich ?

We westerners are uniqulely lucky that we have seperation of church/state, unlike so much of the world, but regular people are just people everywhere.

OP.... why cant we say "I dont accept violence at all".... ???

...well the major world media/gov/church is still  privately owned and fueled by mega huge profits. Fear, hate, prejudice, hyper masculine militarism, and war are big biz.

You knew that, I just wanted to agree with you.

((( are you now ready to go shouting , "i am god as you" ?  .... I _ucking hate fundy/gov/religion/brainwash/control ))) 

The only cure is to "eat the rich", a famous  aphorism of many ....

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline