Devout Monkey

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Devout Monkey

I had to take my dog to the vet today and have him put to sleep.  He argued with me one too many times about which Jane Austen novel is the best when it is clearly Emma.  (Actually, he had cancer and stopped eating.)

So, once he was down, I went out to pay the clerk, and a lady was sitting there holding a monkey.  I find monkeys to be hysterical by their very natures.  If I could get away with shitting in a diaper and then trowing it at people, I would.  Anyway, I was visibly upset that I had just killed poor Zachy, and the lady asked me about him.

Well, once I told her, she said to her monkey, "Show Jesus you love him."  The monkey then crossed himself like a catholic.  She said it again, and the monkey crossed himself again.  I started laughing because I thought of those devout people doing the same thing as this monkey.  Turns out the lady is an atheist and taught her monkey to do this to piss off her family.

The moral of this story: when you kill your best friend, there is a chance that you will meet a crazy monkey. 

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
Ya know..I never realized

Ya know..I never realized people could actually own a monkey..Where can a monkey be purchased? How much do they cost? I am interested in purchasing a monkey.

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
AbandonMyPeace wrote: Ya

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
Ya know..I never realized people could actually own a monkey..Where can a monkey be purchased? How much do they cost? I am interested in purchasing a monkey.

You can get them at: Monkeys "N' Such,  All About Monkeys, or The Monkey-Go-Round.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
The real moral of the

The real moral of the story:  religion leads to evolutionary regress.

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
AbandonMyPeace wrote: Ya

AbandonMyPeace wrote:

Since I never seem to have anything good to say around here, I figured I'd finally put my two cents where they belong and offer you some advice.  DO NOT GET A MONKEY!!!  Do some research first!!! 

If god takes life he's an indian giver

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
  I had a college mate

I had a college mate that owned a monkey. I don't know what kind it is, and I was never able to see it, but it's one of the smaller ones that can perch on your shoulder, Captain Barbosa-like.

He's a huge animal fanatic though. He owned his own pet shop before graduating high school, and I believe he's now a marine biologist. I haven't talked to him in 3 or 4 years. The guy was nuts for animals though. He was like a Dr. Dolittle.

I can imagine them being pets from hell, though. 

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane

pariahjane wrote:

AbandonMyPeace wrote:

Since I never seem to have anything good to say around here, I figured I'd finally put my two cents where they belong and offer you some advice.  DO NOT GET A MONKEY!!!  Do some research first!!! 

My dear, owning a monkey is every man's dream.  A monkey can act out every form of depravity that we cannot because of the contraints of society.  Men want to fling poo and masturbate whenever they want to, but, sadly, we cannot.  Our little monkey bretheren can though.  That's why we all want one.  Geesh, ya' spoil sport.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Owning a monkey is like

Owning a monkey is like living with a 9 month old baby for 30+ years.  Shit everywhere and all your stuff screwed up constantly.  I would love to have one if it wasn't for that.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fuck that I want a chimp!

Fuck that I want a chimp! I'd treat him/her right and teach him/her sign language (after I've taught myself sign language).

I'm sorry about your kanine companion Nero.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
http://www.primatestore.com/f

http://www.primatestore.com/forsale.asp 

Hey Nero, there is one named Neo for only $3,000 I think he is meant for you.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is that site legal?

Is that site legal?

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

http://www.primatestore.com/forsale.asp 

Hey Nero, there is one named Neo for only $3,000 I think he is meant for you.

The only primate I would spend that kind of money on is a human.  I will bring up the issue of voluntary slavery in another thread, but there is no way I would spend that kin dof cash on a monkey.  Dogs just cannot be beaten as a pet, except maybe by a human.

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote: Owning a

Watcher wrote:
Owning a monkey is like living with a 9 month old baby for 30+ years.  Shit everywhere and all your stuff screwed up constantly.  I would love to have one if it wasn't for that.

More like an 18-month-old, probably. 18-month-olds have had some solid practice at walking and climbing, and have learned how to get into everything you thought they couldn't get into.

Nero - condolences on your canine companion. I too, though, am a big fan of our monkey bretheren. To this day I can't understand why every commercial on television does not feature a monkey. Every Super Bowl commercial I even remember, let alone like, are the ones that feature monkeys.

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?