N1ghtStalk3r

N1ghtStalk3r
User is offlineOffline
N1ghtStalk3r

Hi Everyone,

ok first off .... my grammer and spelling suck and i know it.

now with that out of the way, i was raised a southern baptist and always felt like it was all wrong (the whole god/bible thing) and as soon as i moved out on my own i stoped going to church and basicly stoped fooling myself.

i was always told atheist were bad,satanic evil people. (i didn't know what they were, just what i had heard)

last year a friend of mine told me he was atheist, i was shocked because he was really a nice guy that cared about people, the enviroment and life itself. (not my picture of an atheist at all)

well after talking some with him i came to realize that most of my thoughts were atheist like exept that i still beleave in ghost, so i'm not sure what i am but i do know that god has not been proven to me yet and therefore i don't believe in him/her/it.

could somone give me some information .... it's hard to explain but i think after we die our spirit stays on earth and some find other bodies and others don't and we have ghost <<< see that don't sound atheist does it? help me figure this out.

OH AND BY THE WAY YOU THEIST NEED TO OPEN YOUR EYES AND START THINKING ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE AT CHURCH ARE SAYING! don't just listen and believe listen and think about it with an open mind.

sapient: YOU ROCK BRO!

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   well I am drunk right

well I am drunk right now, so here's the best I can do, ....

Wisdom of the Buddha 3 min, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTsb-woP3jI

The Life of Buddha, 50 mins, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2NLQGrbf5U

..... "sapient: YOU ROCK BRO! "

Yeah, he sapient is a buddha ... so is George Carlin, ... I am recently working on it ....

Glad to know you are too friend ...... 

kellym78
atheistRational VIP!
kellym78's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums! Just

Welcome to the forums! Just a quick note--I deleted your thread on the Phelps nut-jobs because there was an identical thread that already had replies. No offense intended, just trying to keep things in order around here.

Thanks,

Kelly 

Arkanrais
Arkanrais's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey there. Quote: i came

Hey there.

Quote:
i came to realize that most of my thoughts were atheist like exept that i still beleave in ghost,

I was the same a few months ago, still beleiving in ghosts and spirits. After spending some time reading through the forums, I realised that the way I beleived in spirits was kinda like the way theists beleive in god. I beleived I had 3 ghosts in my house, I had felt their presence, seen wierd things and recorded very faint sounds that I thought were disembodied voices. I didnt realize it at first but every argument I had to defend the existence of ghosts was basically the same that I saw christians use to defend their god. when I did realise this, I started to really evaluate all the evidence I had the same way I would evaluate someones "evidence" for their god and it was pretty clear that the ghosts didnt hold up to the light of reason.

The RRS has got me to think more rationally since I started lurking around the forums and it's a bit surprising how much the critical thinking rubs off on me the longer I stay.

anyway, welcome. hope you enjoy your time here.

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome. I'm sure you'll

Welcome. I'm sure you'll find this site very useful.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle!

Welcome to the hizzle!

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome aboard.  Much of

Welcome aboard.  Much of what you said is true.  Atheists do care about people; however, we are not all environmentalists.  I, personally, am responsible for the extinction of three animals species and one species of plant.  Okay, not really, but that would be a bitching resume point, huh?

At any rate, welcome. 

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

N1ghtStalk3r
User is offlineOffline
thanks for the warm welcome

thanks for the warm welcome everyone, and kelly you can delete any post of mine you want i won't take it personal !! Tongue out

"If Atheism is a religion, then health is a disease!"
Clark Adams