Someone hacked into Ann Coulter's website and posted this!

Pathofreason
Superfan
Pathofreason's picture
User is offlineOffline
Someone hacked into Ann Coulter's website and posted this!

http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/article.cgi?article=214

Dear Readers,

I've been participating in a charade for nearly eleven years, now. Quite frankly, I'm sick of it. You have all been a part of a sick joke that I began considering shortly after first getting on the air. At first, it was quite interesting to see how people would react when I would use twisted logic and poorly masked bigotry.

But eleven years is a long time to be living a fake life, and I can no longer tolerate this falsity. Even someone as fake as I tires out eventually.

Here's the truth, I don't care what people believe. Jews don't need to be "made perfect" as I so arrogantly proclaimed to Editor & Publisher not a half week ago. I don't even care if people are Muslim. Granted, I don't know much about the religion or the people, but they are people. This is something that we cannot forget, they are in an abhorrent situation. These people are in need of education. Perhaps if we did not participate in causing them misery, they would not hate us so.

In fact, does it really matter whether we are Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Atheist, or even Pagan? We are one nation. One. We should not let petty differences separate us, we are all American, and should act in that manner.

And with that, my precious viewers, I bid you adieu. My career as a media figurehead is over.

Signed,

Ann Coulter

P.S. - Oh, and Bill O'Reilly is also just acting.

Co-Founder of the Atheist/Freethought website Pathofreason.com

www.pathofreason.com

Check it out

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
My salutations and

My salutations and congratulations. I'm not even left wing (centrist) and I consider Ann Coulter to be a vile, hate-spewing bitch who deserves to be lined up against a wall and shot, repeatedly. I wouldn't be suprised she had swastikas tatooed on her eyelids.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
 I'm so fucking pissed I

I'm so fucking pissed I might soon explode, .... geezz think of the innocent sweet kids, the TV must be fixed .... PRIORITY ONE, THE TV .....

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote:

deludedgod wrote:
My salutations and congratulations. I'm not even left wing (centrist) and I consider Ann Coulter to be a vile, hate-spewing bitch who deserves to be lined up against a wall and shot, repeatedly. I wouldn't be suprised she had swastikas tatooed on her eyelids.

You are congratulating someone for invading someone's privacy and distroying property that doesn't belong to them?

I guess by their standards any Christian that hacks this site would be justified and diserves kudos too?

Coulter is a bitch and an arrogant fundie, no doubt. But I dont think we should stoop to that level. I am appauled that you think this is ok behaivor from anyone, be they Christian or atheist.

And another thing, your anger no matter how justified, and I do understand, should not involve implying violence towards people you hate.

This is a free country and in a free country no one should ever be arrested for voicing offensive things, much less exicuted. I am quite sure there are Christians who feel the same way about us atheists. I am sure some think we should be tied to a post and shot.

I think you need to vent your anger in more constructive ways than to give the impression that we are evil facists out to kill Christians. That is a bunch of bullshit and your language feeds their fears.

I understand your anger, but please dont imply violence. Neither the theist or atheist needs to go down that road. You only speek for yourself and you do not speek for all atheists. I myself am non-violent and do not hate all Christians and not even all fundies. But I certainly, no matter how much I cant stand or dispise someone would ever suggest that they be murdered because I cant stand what they say or do.

You may think you are only venting or just joking, but Christians can and will take that post seriously, and you are playing with fire.

I recomend that you clarify that post with, "I am not being serious. I am merely venting". If you are serious, then you need help. The world is full of far too much violence and we dont need to be adding to it just because we get offended.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Gizmo
High Level Donor
Gizmo's picture
User is offlineOffline
I agree violence is bad.  I

I agree violence is bad.  I also think that hacking into systems for the purpose of causing problems is bad.  However, one has to admit that at least the content (especially assuming it would be true for those that didn't know) is funny.  Because as stated before, she is vile.  One could argue that the hacker was giving his voice (just not legally). 

Raki
Superfan
Raki's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't condone hacking at

I don't condone hacking at all,but that is some funny shit.

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Some how I don't think

Some how I don't think someone like Coulter will find it funny since her sense of humor relates to calling people gay or faggot.  When some people hacked into my website and replaced some icons with pics of gay firemen I thought it was hilarious, largely because it really upset the Christian posters.  No real damage was done to Coulter's website.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pathofreason

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote: I'm not

deludedgod wrote:
I'm not even left wing (centrist) and I consider Ann Coulter to be a vile, hate-spewing bitch who deserves to be lined up against a wall and shot, repeatedly.

Because she spouts off her ideas in an abrasive language and tone in an effort to increase media buzz around her, leading to higher book sales?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
LosingStreak06

LosingStreak06 wrote:

deludedgod wrote:
I'm not even left wing (centrist) and I consider Ann Coulter to be a vile, hate-spewing bitch who deserves to be lined up against a wall and shot, repeatedly.

Because she spouts off her ideas in an abrasive language and tone in an effort to increase media buzz around her, leading to higher book sales?

It is a free market. She is allowed to do whatever is legal to sell her books. But as "vile" as she is she does not diserve acts of violence. No one does merely for being offensive. Just call her an arrogent bitch who looks like she used to be a man who got a sex change at Wal Mart . And leave it at that.

Being a bitch is not illegal no matter how irritating. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Strafio
Strafio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Um... Brian... I think that

Um... Brian... I think that you were taking DeludedGod a little too literally. Sometimes we like to vent and let off some steam with a sadistic sense of humour to go with it.
You didn't think he really wanted to commit violence/murder, did you? Puzzled

deludedgod
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Um... Brian... I

Quote:

Um... Brian... I think that you were taking DeludedGod a little too literally. Sometimes we like to vent and let off some steam with a sadistic sense of humour to go with it.

Thank you

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
the best way to treat any

the best way to treat any hate spewing, fact twisting, political "writer" such as caulter is plain and simple: ignore her. in my book her, limbaugh and oreilly are all on the same page as phelps and the other attention whores.

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens

Here comes the ...
User is offlineOffline
I tend to think of this

I tend to think of this particular incident as being something like a private version of civil disobedience.  Sure, everyone has the right to voice their opinion (I myself am a zealous advocate of free speech), but every now and again a complete jackass like Ann Coulter comes along and just begs for the pie in the face, whether literal or metaphorical in nature.  Should the person responsible have hacked Coulter's website?  No, probably not.  Still, I think it's entirely appropriate to have a laugh at her expense.

As for the violence issue - as much as I think Coulter is an utter waste of skin who richly deserves to be shouted down and scorned for being a viscious, vitriolic, ignorant asshat (bearing in mind that the right to speak is not, after all, coextensive with the right to be heard), ultimately I think we all agree that actually engaging in violence against her would be wrong.  That said, I don't see anything wrong with enjoying the thought of terrible things happening to her, especially if they are not only horrific but also deliciously ironic.

stillmatic
stillmatic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: deludedgod

Brian37 wrote:

deludedgod wrote:

You are congratulating someone for invading someone's privacy and distroying property that doesn't belong to them?

I guess by their standards any Christian that hacks this site would be justified and diserves kudos too?

Coulter is a bitch and an arrogant fundie, no doubt. But I dont think we should stoop to that level. I am appauled that you think this is ok behaivor from anyone, be they Christian or atheist.

And another thing, your anger no matter how justified, and I do understand, should not involve implying violence towards people you hate.

This is a free country and in a free country no one should ever be arrested for voicing offensive things, much less exicuted. I am quite sure there are Christians who feel the same way about us atheists. I am sure some think we should be tied to a post and shot.

I think you need to vent your anger in more constructive ways than to give the impression that we are evil facists out to kill Christians. That is a bunch of bullshit and your language feeds their fears.

I understand your anger, but please dont imply violence. Neither the theist or atheist needs to go down that road. You only speek for yourself and you do not speek for all atheists. I myself am non-violent and do not hate all Christians and not even all fundies. But I certainly, no matter how much I cant stand or dispise someone would ever suggest that they be murdered because I cant stand what they say or do.

You may think you are only venting or just joking, but Christians can and will take that post seriously, and you are playing with fire.

I recomend that you clarify that post with, "I am not being serious. I am merely venting". If you are serious, then you need help. The world is full of far too much violence and we dont need to be adding to it just because we get offended.

You sure have some twisted views on what is considered violence. A couple weeks ago you were arguing that hanging nooses from a tree didn't constitute a threat of violence, now you are claiming that electronic defacement of a website is a violent act. Maybe they should start treating white collar crimes like embezzlement as acts of violence?

"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." -- former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien

deludedgod
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: but also delicious

Quote:

but also deliciously ironic.

Lets see...for irony:

Getting a lethal STD from being raped in Guantanamo Bay

Being killed in an explosion when Al Gore's high-fuel consuming private jet loses control and crashes into her office

Being conscripted and shipped off to Iraq and being killed by an IED

Choking to death on a piece of organic vegetable

Being kidnapped by a hippie commune and forced to use a hoe...

Ah, the possibilites 

-Me

Books about atheism

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Strafio wrote: Um...

Strafio wrote:
Um... Brian... I think that you were taking DeludedGod a little too literally. Sometimes we like to vent and let off some steam with a sadistic sense of humour to go with it. You didn't think he really wanted to commit violence/murder, did you? Puzzled

Of course not, but that is not the point. Weither or not what I think is not the issue. The point is just because what we think is harmless, someone else may not think it is. So it is important to make it clear so someone cant missinterpret it.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
stillmatic wrote: Brian37

stillmatic wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

deludedgod wrote:

You sure have some twisted views on what is considered violence. A couple weeks ago you were arguing that hanging nooses from a tree didn't constitute a threat of violence, now you are claiming that electronic defacement of a website is a violent act. Maybe they should start treating white collar crimes like embezzlement as acts of violence?

Not being inconsistant at all. Just because I think BOTH the noose and the original post here are part of free speech, is a seperate issue from HOW it will be taken by others. Just because a person can say something, or should be allowed to say say something  doesnt always mean it is WISE to say it. It also matters intent and HOW it is said and the context.

My only point is to CLARIFY so that there is no confusion.

The nouse is a symbol of violence, certainly. But the people who ignorantly displayed it may not have had any other intent than to offend, without being able to talk to them directly face to face I cannot assume that they would litterally want to have blacks killed. Anymore than assuming someone with a Swatstica tatoo wants Jews killed.

Expressing hate for atheists or Jews or Christians should not be illegal. But you still run the risk of being missunderstood in BOTH situations if your only intent is to vent, offend or blaspheme and the language you use is ambigious.

We live in a current climate where increasingly people cannot tell the differance between venting and calls to violence. No matter how constititutional we think Ann Coulter's speech or this post here, should be, we still live in a goverement with courts run by humans and human interpretation of law.

I am merely facing reality and saying that if you are going to vent, fine, just be perfectly clear when you do it so that you dont run the risk of being accused of calling for violence. 

It is ok(constitutionally) for both Ann Coulter to say what she says, and it is ok for us to bitch her out for being a bitch. But both also need to be clear about it.

No inconsistancy at all. 

Strafio
Strafio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: The point is

Brian37 wrote:
The point is just because what we think is harmless, someone else may not think it is. So it is important to make it clear so someone cant missinterpret it.

Haha! I guess we do attract the kinds of trolls who are looking for 'evil atheist' quotes! Laughing out loud

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hats off to the hacker. I

Hats off to the hacker. I don't think property is the be all and end all of morality. In fact property has not much to do with morality.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jacob Cordingley

Jacob Cordingley wrote:
Hats off to the hacker. I don't think property is the be all and end all of morality. In fact property has not much to do with morality.

No one said property  was the focus of morality. But having control over one's invironment is natural human phycology and I dont think you'd like people messing with your stuff.