Just a hello post to you all

Buckster
Buckster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just a hello post to you all

Howdy all. Buckster here. Been a long time, I know... Sometimes it's good to take a step or two back in order to clear your head and find perspective again. That's pretty much what I've been doing the last year or so, and it's been very calming for me.

I've whittled my work hours down to the bare minimum just to make a living, and increased my time playing guitar and singing with other local musicians, wandering around in the desert shooting photos, catching up on my reading (in the middle of Hitchen's "God is not great - How religion poisons everything" right now) and just generally relaxing. It's all good. Cool

Been keeping tabs on the RRS too, and they make me so proud to be an atheist, it's hard to describe. I feel them tugging and pushing at me from afar to get more involved again in the efforts to fight for our collective independance from the bronze-age thinking that still pervades our lives, our political atmosphere, our country, our world.

So, after having this account for 50+ weeks, I thought I should finally log in and say howdy to you all, and maybe I'll have some thoughts or ideas or toons worthwhile to contribute from time to time.

See ya round... Wink

Pathofreason
Superfan
Pathofreason's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome back

Welcome back to the forum! You mentioned you contribute toon? Are you a cartoonist? Do you have original works?

Co-Founder of the Atheist/Freethought website Pathofreason.com

www.pathofreason.com

Check it out

Buckster
Buckster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, I like to make

Yeah, I like to make cartoons. You can check them out here: http://www.buckcash.com/opinions/humor.htm and there are a few animated ones on newgrounds you can find by searching under Author:Infidelguy.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
Glad you found us Buckster.

Glad you found us Buckster. BTW, I like you avatar.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

Zombie
RRS local affiliate
Zombie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey

Just adding my welcome to the others.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Talk about your blast from

Talk about your blast from the past. Nice to see you again. Hope things are going well for you. Dont be a stranger.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

healthy.addictions
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
herzlich wilkommen!

herzlich wilkommen!