Take me to your leader

Dawkins Rottweiler
Dawkins Rottweiler's picture
User is offlineOffline
Take me to your leader

Susan suggested I start my own intro thread, so here goes...

I saw the Rational Responders this past weekend at the AAI conference, and they looked like they were having so much fun that I thought I'd register here.  Here I am:

I remember talking to Larry, maybe others too.

Anyway, I'm an underemployed history Ph. D. in northern Virginia.  I've been atheist for 11 years.

Gizmo
High Level Donor
Gizmo's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the boards. 

Welcome to the boards.  Also you will find many of us in the Stickam chat room thats hosted at www.stickam.com (you do need to create an account but its easy).  You can then use the thing at the left that says rationalsquad to get in. 

If you need anything feel free to let one of the moderators know.  Smiling

Dawkins Rottweiler
User is offlineOffline
thanks

Okay but I'm kind of a luddite.  Baby steps...

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
An official welcome,

An official welcome, Dawkins Rottweiler!

If, by any chance, your avatar is your own puppy, congratulations on a darling baby!

We're glad you're here and look forward to your contributions to the discussions. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Dawkins Rottweiler
User is offlineOffline
I wish!

Unfortunately not. Smile

Crocoduck
Crocoduck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: An official

Quote:

An official welcome, Dawkins Rottweiler!

If, by any chance, your avatar is your own puppy, congratulations on a darling baby!

We're glad you're here and look forward to your contributions to the discussions.

Susan - you took the words right out of my mouth!  So, for the sake of feeling SOME satisfaction,

Welcome Dawkins Rottweiler (from another gay newbie).

And I LOVE your avatar!!  (I'm a huge animal lover).  That puppy is adorable.  I just want to hold it and squeeze it and call it George...!  LOL

I'm glad you're here, too.  At least I'm not alone.  Smiling

Crocoduck - A missing transitional link that theists have been hoping does not exist...

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome aboard, Herr

Welcome aboard, Herr Rottweiler.  Unfortunately, too many History PhDs are underemployed.  What is your area of expertise?

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wanted to say welcome but

Wanted to say welcome but also add that I too am in Northern, VA.  Since I've never looked in to whether or not shameless pugs are allowed on forums let me just say if you're on facebook, PM me - I'd love to send you some links for groups and events you might be interested in around the area.  Assuming you're looking for something that is...

Dawkins Rottweiler
User is offlineOffline
Herr

Funny you should call me Herr, because I worked on Germany among other things.  My specialty is 18th-century European history.  Although I work on secular politics, I can't help but think that the period helped awaken my interest in freethought.

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
That is an exciting time. 

That is an exciting time.  My works revolved around Second Empire France.  I think Napoleon III is a riot, that is until the Prussians came calling.  Actually, my research was not about the centralized political situation.  I spent several months in France researching the bourgeois government's response to the Phylloxera blight that started in 1863.

So, if you worked in German history, you worked specifically in small state history?

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

Dawkins Rottweiler
User is offlineOffline
Hanover

Yeah, my book is about Hanover's relationship to the British empire

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle!

Welcome to the hizzle!