Once in a nuthouse

GermanMike
Blogger
GermanMike's picture
User is offlineOffline
Once in a nuthouse

Once in a nuthouse one lunatic told the other:

"You can't possibly be Napoleon - Because I am Napoleon!"

Why does this joke come to my mind when I see theists debating which of their Gods is the real one? 

-----------------------------------------------------

Who asks me inappropiate questions also has to live with the answers I may give.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
NO! i'm Sparticus!

NO! i'm Sparticus!

shikko
User is offlineOffline
GermanMike wrote: Once in

GermanMike wrote:

Once in a nuthouse one lunatic told the other:

"You can't possibly be Napoleon - Because I am Napoleon!"

Why does this joke come to my mind when I see theists debating which of their Gods is the real one?

Heh.

My personal favourite in this vein is actually from a Batman comic:

The Joker wrote:

See, there were these two guys in a lunatic asylum...and one night...one night they decide they don't like living in an asylum any more. They decide they’re going to escape! So like they get up on to the roof, and there, just across the narrow gap, they see the rooftops of the town, stretching away in moon light…stretching away to freedom.

Now the first guy he jumps right across with no problem. But his friend, his friend daren’t make the leap. Y'see he's afraid of falling...So then the first guy has an idea. He says "Hey! I have my flash light with me. I will shine it across the gap between the buildings. You can walk across the beam and join me." B-But the second guy just shakes his head. He suh-says...he says "What do you think I am, crazy? You would turn it off when I was half way across."

I think it's the valid chain of reasoning starting with miserably wrong premises that ring a bell.

--
maybe if this sig is witty, someone will love me.