djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
benediction meltdown

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
I watched the whole video. 

I watched the whole video.  Up untill nearly halfway through I was giggling.  After that point I started to be concerned for the girl.  She appeared to be getting very nervous all of the sudden and her shaking and stuttering silenced my giggles.  Then I realized that she might be having one of those religious experiences, rather than a seizure.  I no longer felt very concerned for her and my giggles returned, but I could not help feeling, well, disturbed.  I'm surprised that someone in the crowd didn't yell out the absurdity of what was being witnessed.  On my face as I write this is the lingering look of extreme distaste.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Freaky! It looked like she

Freaky! It looked like she puked. I know I felt like it watching that.

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
She has a mental problem

Looks like she has a mental problem

Loucks
Loucks's picture
User is offlineOffline
"our generation, both young

"our generation, both young and old."

She's a complete idiot, but that was clearly a seizure. Don't worry, I think people with disabilities are hilarious too. Would anyone like a link to the video of the paraplegic trying to negotiate an escalator?

Details of my timeout are posted here.

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
Loucks wrote: Don't worry,

Loucks wrote:

Don't worry, I think people with disabilities are hilarious too.

actually i only found it hilarious until she begins convulsing, possibly a clonic or  myoclonic seizure, and then it becomes disturbing, hence the description. but if disabilities tickle your funny bone i'm sure there's some videos out there to suit your tastes.

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens

Pile
atheist
Pile's picture
User is offlineOffline
djneibarger wrote: Loucks

djneibarger wrote:
Loucks wrote:

Don't worry, I think people with disabilities are hilarious too.

actually i only found it hilarious until she begins convulsing,

Hey... Jesus made disabled people, and he gave us the ability to laugh. What's the problem?

You notice how when this girl freaks out and starts crying, nobody really seems upset? I bet this girl's reputation is well known. I think she's just nuts and needs a lot of attention and it's not a disability thing, beyond the obvious mental issue.

Loucks
Loucks's picture
User is offlineOffline
djneibarger wrote: actually

djneibarger wrote:
actually i only found it hilarious until she begins convulsing, possibly a clonic or myoclonic seizure, and then it becomes disturbing, hence the description.

That's a more acceptable explanation. I was thrown by the ordering of the terms "disturbing" and "hilarious." I didn't think any part of it was funny, personally.

Pile wrote:
I think she's just nuts and needs a lot of attention and it's not a disability thing, beyond the obvious mental issue.

Thank you for your diagnosis, doctor.

Raki
Superfan
Raki's picture
User is offlineOffline
aiia wrote: Looks like she

aiia wrote:
 I wonder what it is?

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Raki wrote: aiia

Raki wrote:
aiia wrote:
I wonder what it is?

Epilepsy?

Loucks
Loucks's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote: Raki

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
Raki wrote:
aiia wrote:
I wonder what it is?
Epilepsy?

I don't think you've been paying attention. Theism is considered a mental illness around here. Clearly all her problems are directly related to faith.

Her poor speaking and writing skills might qualify as exceptions, however.

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
As the result of a stroke,

As the result of a stroke, I suffer grand mal seizures.  The episode looks very much like a seizure.  She does look like she vomits, which is also common during an episode. 

I am certain that it looks hilarious from the outside.  Allow me to tell you that from the inside it is a terrifying experience.  Imagine that you begin to feel like you are drowning and go blind simultaneous.  Now, the flavor of pennies floods your mouth as you've bitten through your own tongue.  You get to black out then.  When you come to, you have likely vomited and lost control of other bodily functions.  All of your muscles ache because they all have contracted as hard as they can.  In fact, you may have fractured a bone from the intensity of the contractions.  So, you are done with the physical issues; now, you get to feel the incredible embarassment associated with looking like that in public.  People do laugh.  So, enjoy the chuckle, assbags.

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

magilum
User is offlineOffline
I thought she was doing a

I thought she was doing a pentecostal, Jesus Camp-type thing. Now I feel bad.

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nero wrote: So, enjoy the

Nero wrote:

So, enjoy the chuckle, assbags.

djneibarger wrote:
actually i only found it hilarious until she begins convulsing, possibly a clonic or myoclonic seizure, and then it becomes disturbing, hence the description.

sigh. try reading before you react. 

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
djneibarger wrote: Nero

djneibarger wrote:
Nero wrote:

djneibarger wrote:

Not directed at the OP.  Look at some of the other reactions.  I read them all before I said anything.

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

eccles
eccles's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jesus Freak !!!!

OH SHIT

What can one say. Another victim of the "Jesus Camp" and Pastor Bekky. "Get an ambulance" says an official. Yes and that ambulance should take her to the funny farm.

This is why we must fight against Christianity to save these kids from a fate like that.

Wake up America.

Eccles

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nero wrote: djneibarger

Nero wrote:
djneibarger wrote:
Nero wrote:

djneibarger wrote:

Not directed at the OP. Look at some of the other reactions. I read them all before I said anything.

thanks for clarifying Smiling