Allow me to introduce myself

eccles
eccles's picture
User is offlineOffline
Allow me to introduce myself

My nic is Eccles. I have just joined after reading about the censorship by Youtube. I am Australian. I am a bedraggled refugee from the "Holy" Roman Catholic Church now a Card Carrying Atheist. I have been Atheist for at least 30 years. I was sent to a leading Jesuit Roman Catholic College in Melbourne, Australia for indoctrination into Christianity. I can't say I enjoyed it, but it was my Roman Catholic parents who did that in good faith. After studying Astronomy and developing a keen interest in Space it did not take me long to realise that the notion of a "God/Creator" is BS. I have studied Ancient Egypt and can now see whence came the fables in the Bible: plagiarisms of the Egyptian Religion. I have studied the history of the beginning of Christianity and especially the rift between Simon Peter (Cephas) and Saul of Tarsus (St. Paul). St.Paul won out and his brand of Christianity is the one that survived.

I have belonged to many Christian-antiChristian Groups and now Manage "MIlitant Atheist Materialists" I am a member of "ExChristians", the Richard Dawkins Foundation, Sam Harris's Forum and have read their books plus Christopher Hitchens. I have the usual documentaries on DVD and just got Zeitgeist. What a shocker that is, worse that the "Jesus Camp".

I am horrified at what is going on in America; how the Christian Right has gotten it's fangs into government and makes sure a Christian is always elected to the White House and lobbies hard for the exclusion of Atheists from all branches of government. I have a friend in the bible belt of Florida who can't get work because he is Atheist. I have lost touch with him because I fear he lost his home.

evil religion
evil religion's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome

Welcome

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the

Welcome to the forums!!

Think how horrified those of us that live here are..... LOL! 

guinness4strength
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: Welcome to the

BGH wrote:

Welcome to the forums!!

Think how horrified those of us that live here are..... LOL! 

There dosn't seem to be an end in sight, with the "red states" outnumbering rational thinkers of the "blue states". The blue states are still loaded with Christians also, so that makes it even more scarry.

If a god never existed, man would be forced to create one.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle!

Welcome to the hizzle!

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums,

Welcome to the forums, eccles!

eccles wrote:
After studying Astronomy and developing a keen interest in Space it did not take me long to realise that the notion of a "God/Creator" is BS.

You'll find a lot of stories like this on the forums.  They were good, god-fearing xians until they *gasp* started to study and learn.

You'll be right at home and we're glad you're here!

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.