"Atheists are Ignorant Pigs" and my response

Snerd
Snerd's picture
Posts: 93
Joined: 2007-09-16
User is offlineOffline
"Atheists are Ignorant Pigs" and my response

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8W7Cjzj4Dw

That is the original video. I then made a response.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlPeK_f-glU

I know it seems like I'm pussing out on him, but I really do think he raised some interesting points. Also, there are plenty of videos that attack him. I figured if I seriously addressed his video, that perhaps his opinion of us would change. I don't give a shit if he converts to atheism. I could care less, but I don't want the actions of others to make the rest of us look bad.

While I was making this video, I was actually uploading a video that basically addresses my intent for the video I've posted a link to here. Okay, let me clarify. Even I'm confused now... I just uploaded a video against the misconceptions people have about the southern region of the United States. So both of my videos are basically to speak out against stereotypes.

 I only think stereotypes are okay in the context of a joke. I'd wager that at least 80% of comedy is based on stereotypes of some sort.

I really like using someone's argument against them. I think that is the best way to advertise your point. My way of doing it is kind of subtle here, but if you look for it, it's there. I'm trying to show him that not all of us are complete assholes. Well... I am a complete asshole, but not this time. This time I tried to be nice.

Anyone else see this video or make a response?


stuntgibbon
Moderator
stuntgibbon's picture
Posts: 699
Joined: 2007-05-17
User is offlineOffline
Could you outline his

Could you outline his interesting points for us?  I couldn't get through either video. 


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
He says that all atheists

He says that all atheists are ignorant pigs because we follow two paths.  Intellectual and carnal.  Also that being intellectual is as close as we can get to wisdom because we refuse to embrace truth (ie god)

He also mumbles about the chewing of cud is a sign of wisdom and some other mindless drivel from the bible.  Like associating with lawyers is just as bad as eating unclean animals like crabs.  Rather deranged thoughts tumbling out of his mouth.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


stuntgibbon
Moderator
stuntgibbon's picture
Posts: 699
Joined: 2007-05-17
User is offlineOffline
Ah ok, and does he have any

Ah ok, and does he have any method for distilling this truth so that we can know it's really the truth?

 

Maybe better reasoning than "one book claims itself is true?"


Snerd
Snerd's picture
Posts: 93
Joined: 2007-09-16
User is offlineOffline
I thought his good points

I thought his good points were that we are all ignorant because we don't and can't know everything. I also thought that his idea of Christianity was pretty good. You do what you think is best for your life. That's basically what he said. That's freethought.

HOWEVER! I strongly disagree with him that all atheists are pigs and that we lack intelligence because we don't believe in his special invisible friend. He also regards his faith as "truth." Since faith is blindly accepting something, the word truth can't apply.


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
stuntgibbon wrote:Ah ok,

stuntgibbon wrote:

Ah ok, and does he have any method for distilling this truth so that we can know it's really the truth?

Maybe better reasoning than "one book claims itself is true?"

 Nope he doesn't.  He bases all his views on the assumption that god is real and the bible is the word of god.  He doesn't even consider for a moment that god may not exist.  So religion has a free ride in his mind that is not held up to any test or method of validation.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


stuntgibbon
Moderator
stuntgibbon's picture
Posts: 699
Joined: 2007-05-17
User is offlineOffline
Snerd wrote: I thought his

Snerd wrote:

I thought his good points were that we are all ignorant because we don't and can't know everything. I also thought that his idea of Christianity was pretty good. You do what you think is best for your life. That's basically what he said. That's freethought.

 So was the pig part just name calling?  


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
stuntgibbon wrote:  So was

stuntgibbon wrote:
 So was the pig part just name calling?  

He was comparing atheist to unclean animals.  In this case that cloven hooved animals are supposedly unclean.  Pigs are cloven hooved and the two cloven parts of the hoof represented atheists two pursuits of intellectualism and carnal desires.  So we're pigs.

With the ignorant part he was more reasonable and pointed out the fact that everyone is ignorant of things because we don't know everything.  But our ignorance is worse because we won't embrace "truth".

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


stuntgibbon
Moderator
stuntgibbon's picture
Posts: 699
Joined: 2007-05-17
User is offlineOffline
And we assume he just means

And we assume he just means the truth is just Jesus and the bible.  Not, for example, the truth that prayer cannot grow back limbs (among other things.)

 I wonder how he knows that Zeus and Mohammed are not the truth.  


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
Well from your avatar I can

Well from your avatar I can tell that we both agree that The Flying Spaghetti Monster is the real truth.  Sticking out tongue

Ramen!

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


Snerd
Snerd's picture
Posts: 93
Joined: 2007-09-16
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote: Well from

Watcher wrote:

Well from your avatar I can tell that we both agree that The Flying Spaghetti Monster is the real truth.  Sticking out tongue

Ramen!

Kung Fu Jesus all the way, ignorant pig! IT IS THE ONE TRUTH! If you'd read the stories, you'd know KFJ kicks ass.


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
JIHAD!

JIHAD!


Little Roller U...
Superfan
Little Roller Up First's picture
Posts: 296
Joined: 2007-06-27
User is offlineOffline
Bridget could kick Kung Fu

Bridget could kick Kung Fu Jesus' ass back to next Tuesday. 


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5486
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is onlineOnline
Quote: Bridget could kick

Quote:

Bridget could kick Kung Fu Jesus' ass back to next Tuesday.

 

<-----------

 See avatar 


Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
Posts: 2479
Joined: 2006-03-19
User is offlineOffline
By the way, someone should

By the way, someone should let him know that rabbits don't chew cud.


Little Roller U...
Superfan
Little Roller Up First's picture
Posts: 296
Joined: 2007-06-27
User is offlineOffline
Okay, Cap'n. I grant you

Okay, Cap'n. I grant you Bridget probably couldn't beat Sailor Moon (probably) , but my claim was that he could beat Kung Fu Jesus.

Of course, any of the Sailors could beat Kung Fu Jesus.

Good night, funny man, and thanks for the laughter.


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
No offense, but there are

No offense, but there are million better videos by people I don't even like, that are more appealing and interesting than this one. This is just a pervy old sod with a beard, prattling on for eight minutes. Every time I try to address a point raised, I have to stop, because he didn't even bother to support his views: it was just ad hominem ad nauseam.


Snerd
Snerd's picture
Posts: 93
Joined: 2007-09-16
User is offlineOffline
Little Roller Up First

Little Roller Up First wrote:

Okay, Cap'n. I grant you Bridget probably couldn't beat Sailor Moon (probably) , but my claim was that he could beat Kung Fu Jesus.

Of course, any of the Sailors could beat Kung Fu Jesus.

BULLSHIT!

 


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
Fucking nerds.

Fucking nerds.


Snerd
Snerd's picture
Posts: 93
Joined: 2007-09-16
User is offlineOffline
magilum wrote: Fucking

magilum wrote:
Fucking Snerd.

Fix'd


Little Roller U...
Superfan
Little Roller Up First's picture
Posts: 296
Joined: 2007-06-27
User is offlineOffline
Snerd wrote: magilum

Snerd wrote:
magilum wrote:
Fucking Snerd.

Fix'd

Is Snerd a nerd?


Snerd
Snerd's picture
Posts: 93
Joined: 2007-09-16
User is offlineOffline
Little Roller Up First

Little Roller Up First wrote:
Snerd wrote:
magilum wrote:
Fucking Snerd.

Fix'd

Is Snerd a nerd?

Probably.