Highlighted Bibles?

Bornright
Bornright's picture
User is offlineOffline
Highlighted Bibles?

Is there any secular group interested in printing "holy bibles" slightly enhanced by highlighting all the fucked up verses in it?

You could title it holy bible pt.2 or something really catchy. Probably get a really good deal on them by buying up existing bibles and adding the highlights. Might take a awhile to do it.

"There was a 100% chance I was going to write this" - Heisenberg.

Jarem Asyder
Jarem Asyder's picture
User is offlineOffline
a satirical art project I'm

a satirical art project I'm toying with at the moment is called "The Cherry Picker's Bible" it would essentially be a cliff notes esque book containing only the verses used by conservatives and fundamentalists, as well as commentary and notes on how to cherry pick the bible properly.

At the moment its at the "something I might get around to doing when I'm not doing all my other work" stage.  

RickRebel
RickRebel's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is a great idea. But

This is a great idea. But printing up a thousand Bibles with highlighted verses would be very expensive. The entire Bible would have to be typeset word for word, proofread, and then marked for highlighting which would also be printed. Then you've got the trimming, folding, binding, and cover. I worked for a publisher for fifteen years and I figure something like this would probably cost somewhere bewteen 7,000 and 10,000 bucks. That's just a ballpark. It could be more.

The biggest cost would be typesetting the 1020 pages of the old and new testaments.

But, I bet there's a market for such a Bible. I'd sure buy one.

Frosty's coming back someday. Will you be ready?

Bornright
Bornright's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd buy as many as I could

I'd buy as many as I could afford in a group buy. Fight fire with fire. In fact, as of this day forth I'm an atheist christian. I don't believe in jesus, I just agree with alot of what he has to say. Btw, I'm actually a preacher, and I got TONS of authority on the matter in my church. It get's kinda intellectual there. See, we've found the answer to the age old atheist follow up question. "Well who created God then?"

Simple. Super God. He created everything including God. Then killed him. He just used God to create the universe. By blowing him up and causing the Big Bang. 

"There was a 100% chance I was going to write this" - Heisenberg.

JeremiahSmith
User is offlineOffline
Bornright wrote: Is there

Bornright wrote:
Is there any secular group interested in printing "holy bibles" slightly enhanced by highlighting all the fucked up verses in it?

The Skeptic's Annotated Bible does that, but that's an online thing and not a book. It's about the closest thing there is to a book highlighted like that that I know of, though. 

Götter sind für Arten, die sich selbst verraten -- in den Glauben flüchten um sich hinzurichten. Menschen brauchen Götter um sich zu verletzen, um sich zu vernichten -- das sind wir.

nullusdeus
SuperfanBronze Member
nullusdeus's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've made a stab at it:

I've made a stab at it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEvOlw3y0m8

No highlights, but that's a monumental task and well worth it if someone has a few months spare time. And some help. I'm retired and might consider this.

I carry my copy when I go out on Sundays. Could you guess it! I get a lot of frowns, but so far no comments.

Miracles don't exist. "Miracle" is a word given to a preposterous event that a theist considers dogmatically advantageous. Def. - Ecclesiastical sensationalism.