Your bible killing experiences

Li Yuki
Li Yuki's picture
User is offlineOffline
Your bible killing experiences

I couldn't help the shiver of anger crawling up my back as I sat there reading of the netrocities that religion caused the world and the unnecessary abuse that came along with it. I wanted, no, needed to vent my anger. Though, there was nothing around me that was worthy of the extent of pain I would bring upon it. That’s when it popped in my mind. The small brown box full of my past theistic life which I stuffed away in anger months before, hopping that religion would just crawl into a box and die along with my past possessions.

With my mind racing, I ripped open the box. There sat many crosses, rosaries, and yearbooks from my old catholic school but more importantly, the bible. If this box was opened at any other time, im sure it would bring an unwarranted depression along with the memories, but now, it fueled my hate. Within seconds I mechanically pulled out my knife and flung the bible upon my bed where I stabbed it thrice. Though, this time it wasn’t enough. IT deserved a much crueler fate, a fate that I would never impose upon any human being or other object. I ripped IT in half and evilly flung it onto the cold floor. Ripping, stabbing, and tearing it into little pieces. Somewhere along the line I forgot that it was a book and I viewed it as a person that embodied all of my life problems.

The bible was now in pieces but it still deserved much, much more torment. An evil grin flashed across my face. The thing now lying on the floor was going to get a punishment that I would never perceive to give to anything in my life. I gathered all what was left of IT into a pile before I stood back up, pulled down my pants and pissed on it.

It seemed that one page escaped and now with the anger sub-dued I picked up the ripped page, and there, in bold big letters, stood the words: Antichrist. I couldn’t help but start laughing at the irony of the event. I knew if I told any theist this story they would surely call me the antichrist or something along the lines of it.

The next day I would go outside and burn the remains.

So fellow Atheist do you have any killing holy book experiences, and if so please do share.

Warning the following post may be offensive to certain people. Theist are not advised to read unless they are prepared to debate!
Side effects include possible deconversion, rational thought, and the lack of fear in the easter bunny.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
I buy them at the dollar

I buy them at the dollar store and give them out whenever someone has no knowledge of the bible, but still believes.

You cannot imagine how many single moms working their butts off in low-paying jobs believe in jesus, god, and this hoooollllyyy speeerit.

The looks on their faces when I show them the misogynistic passages in the bible causes their anger to manifest itself because they feel just as duped as most of us do right after we shake off that indocrination. I do my best to get them to relax.

If we want the world to get rid of irrational ridiculous beliefs then we have to give them the information to do it.

I'm glad you're here, Li Yuki. Remember, a lot of people that come here might be going through what you are. Give 'em the chance.

After all, if you can defile one bible then how many could a whole world destroy?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

WizardJim
WizardJim's picture
User is offlineOffline
When I was in school the

When I was in school the gideons came round one day and gave every nice, good, christian (read: white) child a shiny red bible.

I read it through once, and being something of a little heathen even back then, wondered what all the fuss was about. I then decided it was probably the most poorly written fantasy novel ever made and apathetically left it in the remote control holder on the back of my TV (I having previously lost the remote) until its pages became so static-crinkled it had to be thrown away.Tongue out

Your book. Your god. Your rules. Your hell.

You burn in it!

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
I can understand your need

I can understand your need to vent your anger, but I have never personally felt that angry about the bible or religion in general.  I prefer to keep mine on my desk next to other reference material.  So far it hasn't produced any magical powers and burned holes in any of the books next to it - lol.

RickRebel
RickRebel's picture
User is offlineOffline
jce wrote: I can understand

jce wrote:
I can understand your need to vent your anger, but I have never personally felt that angry about the bible or religion in general.

I sure have.

The fact that hundreds of thousands of people have been slaughtered in the name of an invisible god pisses me off too. I haven't ripped up a bible yet, but I do get pissed off at people's gullibility. I think, "How can they actually believe this biblical bullshit!?"

I think my athesim really started with the talking donkey story from the Bible. That's the point when that light bulb finally went on in my head and I thought, "This is fuckin retarded!!"

So one day I asked my fundamentalist friend on the phone, "Do you actually believe a donkey talked?" He had just graduated from some religious university where he studied the Bible. But, he was not familiar with the talking donkey story. (Numbers 22: 26-30)

He said, "If the Bible says a donkey talked, then a donkey talked." At that point I wanted to shout at him that he was a fucking moron with shit for brains. But what kept me from doing that was the fact that I previously had also believed biblical nonsense about a man that had walked on water and turned 5 fishes into 5,000 fishes. After all, I thought, that's just as absurd as a talking donkey. So what right did I have to call him a moron? Besides, it doesn't show respect for other's right to believe.

I'm still trying to work through the anger. It's not easy. But it does help to remember that most of my life I was gullible too and believed in magic. But I now know that the only real magic is the Frosty the Snowman miracle. And that's been proven.

Frosty's coming back someday. Will you be ready?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Do you blow up Buddhist

Do you blow up Buddhist statues just because Nerviana is an absurd cliam?

Some Christians suggest banning Harry Potter because it promotes witchcraft.

Mind you, I am not advocating superstition. I am saying dont let your ager rule you. That kind of "absolute" thinking without question can make any label a genocidal sheep.

Does it suck to duped? HELL YES! Do you feel anger to those who perpetuate absurdities that harm others? HELL YEA.

But emotionalism doesnt solve problems. It may make us feel like winners short term when we "make our mark". But it is a hollow victory to the majority (any majority) because in most cases it is not about consensus or cooperation, it is peace through dictation.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

The Patrician
The Patrician's picture
User is offlineOffline
Once I tracked a bible to

Once I tracked a bible to its remote mountain lair where I lay hidden awaiting it's return from feeding.  I waited until it was drowsy and then approached it with my trusty blade in hand.  Alas!  It awoke and there followed a mighty struggle in which I was victorious but barely escaped with my life.

The bible now hangs on my trophy wall and I bear the scars of that battle to this day. 

Freedom of religious belief is an inalienable right. Stuffing that belief down other people's throats is not.

scottmax
scottmax's picture
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote: I buy

darth_josh wrote:

I buy them at the dollar store and give them out whenever someone has no knowledge of the bible, but still believes.

Man, that's a great idea. Do you highlight the most illuminating passages?

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Li Yuki, my goodness you

Li Yuki, my goodness you write well!

Regardless of whether your post is fact or fiction, it's extremely well written.

Do you have any short stories or essays you could post?  I'd love to read them.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Li Yuki
Li Yuki's picture
User is offlineOffline
hello

As much as I don’t want to respond, and believe me, “I don’t want to respond”. I now feel obliged to defend myself and stand up for the actions that I have made in the past, and doing anything less than responding to some of your comments would be a crime against my own humanity. So first off I want to address Brian37. (Forgive me for all of the double negatives)

Even though I do understand your point that if you let your emotions take over it could end up being dangerous and destructive to not only yourself but anyone else that comes in your path. I do not think it would be a wise decision to tell me that the actions that I have told you of in this topic is an inappropriate response to what was going on in my life. First of all there are too many unknowns that you do not know of. For instance, you do not know of my past and what has brought me to do what I have done. You, also, do not know of all the good that has come of my “bible killing” action. Telling me that what I did was a bad response would be like saying that America’s decision to enter World War 2 was a naïve response, and that we should have all just become Nazis. Second of all you have not taken into consideration that I may be withdrawing certain parts of the story. Which, believe me, I did not tell you the whole series of events. You also go on to tell me not to let anger rule my life. Anger does not rule my life and even though I did lose control, I never completely lost control of what I was doing. For example, when I moved the bible from my bed to the floor I actually moved it from my bed to my bathroom floor. So if anyone was to walk in my room they would not see the torn up bible. Second of all I recorded part of the even so I could later look back at it and smile at what I have overcome.

Next I would like to address Susan.

Lol, I have never actually received any complements before on my writing, but none-the-less, thank you. Though, it does hurt that you (and others) question the authenticity of one of the biggest turning points in my life. Let me explain, this action that I speak of was the single most important action of my life. It not only opened my eyes up to the world but also to myself and all of the abusive things that I have been doing to myself for years. It helped me to understand all of the pain I have been causing people when I push them away emotionally and distance myself from them for doing nothing more but caring for me and my well being. If it would please the readers of this forum topic I well find a way to post the pictures of this experience. Which, I do have many pictures and videos, but I only have one of the pictures uploaded to the internet.

Next I would like to address The Patrician

Sarcasm can hurt people too.

Finally , the rest of the posters.

Thanks for the letters of support; it really does mean a lot to me. I was never expecting anyone to respond, ironically. I was an atheist before this event, but it was this event that really opened my eyes up, and freed me from the grasps of religion.

Here is the location of the one picture that I have uploaded to the internet so far.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k194/jstewart9022/FunintheSun001.jpg

Warning the following post may be offensive to certain people. Theist are not advised to read unless they are prepared to debate!
Side effects include possible deconversion, rational thought, and the lack of fear in the easter bunny.

darth_josh
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
scottmax wrote: darth_josh

scottmax wrote:
darth_josh wrote:

Man, that's a great idea. Do you highlight the most illuminating passages?

No. Though I know some people who do. The reason that I don't is because the individuals that I talk to vary so greatly.

For instance, housewives and lesbians have some things in common. However,  the big difference in helping the understand why they don't live by the bible is different pieces.

Meanwhile, heterosexual guys could give a shit less about what affects homosexual guys.

If I highlight something in there then it makes it seem like proselytization for atheism. Instead, my goal is to get them to start thinking. That's just me.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

scottmax
scottmax's picture
User is offlineOffline
Li Yuki wrote: Even though

Li Yuki wrote:

Even though I do understand your point that if you let your emotions take over it could end up being dangerous and destructive to not only yourself but anyone else that comes in your path.

It sounds like religion was causing you some serious harm. Destruction of your own private relic of your oppression sounds like it was a very important part of putting religion behind you. It sounds good and cathartic to me.

Li Yuki wrote:
Next I would like to address The Patrician

Sarcasm can hurt people too.

I didn't read The Patrician's response as sarcasm. More like joining in the fun. Please keep in mind that we cannot hear the tone in your voice as we read your post. I didn't know how serious you were until I read your follow-up post. It sounds like you've got some pretty raw emotion surrounding this experience. I was more fortunate. My "faith" leaked away like helium from a balloon. I barely noticed when it was gone. It's only in the last year or so that I've gotten angry enough to care about the steady encroachment of the religious right.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Li Yuki wrote: Though, it

Li Yuki wrote:

Though, it does hurt that you (and others) question the authenticity of one of the biggest turning points in my life. Let me explain, this action that I speak of was the single most important action of my life. It not only opened my eyes up to the world but also to myself and all of the abusive things that I have been doing to myself for years. It helped me to understand all of the pain I have been causing people when I push them away emotionally and distance myself from them for doing nothing more but caring for me and my well being. If it would please the readers of this forum topic I well find a way to post the pictures of this experience. Which, I do have many pictures and videos, but I only have one of the pictures uploaded to the internet.

Li!  I wasn't questioning the authenticity of your post.  It's that old "you can't hear tone of voice in a written word".  My sincere apologies if it came across that way.  I just wasn't sure if you were posting something you had written (perhaps a fantasy) or an actual event.  I really think the professional quality of the writing is why I thought that.

Li Yuki
Li Yuki's picture
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: Li Yuki

Susan wrote:
Li Yuki wrote:

Though, it does hurt that you (and others) question the authenticity of one of the biggest turning points in my life. Let me explain, this action that I speak of was the single most important action of my life. It not only opened my eyes up to the world but also to myself and all of the abusive things that I have been doing to myself for years. It helped me to understand all of the pain I have been causing people when I push them away emotionally and distance myself from them for doing nothing more but caring for me and my well being. If it would please the readers of this forum topic I well find a way to post the pictures of this experience. Which, I do have many pictures and videos, but I only have one of the pictures uploaded to the internet.

Li! I wasn't questioning the authenticity of your post. It's that old "you can't hear tone of voice in a written word". My sincere apologies if it came across that way. I just wasn't sure if you were posting something you had written (perhaps a fantasy) or an actual event. I really think the professional quality of the writing is why I thought that.

I'm sorry. 

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh my goodness.  Don't

Oh my goodness.  Don't worry about it.  No harm; no foul!

I'm so impressed with your writing.  I really hope you share more with us.

darth_josh
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: Oh my

Susan wrote:

Oh my goodness. Don't worry about it. No harm; no foul!

I'm so impressed with your writing. I really hope you share more with us.

I agree with Susan. Some of us are pretty 'bland' reading in the forums. I think we mask emotions in humor too much, but we do it for a reason. We're trying to avoid the people spreading the lies in favor of attacking the lies themselves.

The picture was pretty good and gave me an idea. The cheap-o bibles I buy have the same consistency as a phone book and there's a video on youtube that demonstrates how to rip a phonebook in half. If I can do it, I'll share it with this thread. 

The Patrician
The Patrician's picture
User is offlineOffline
Li, childish activities

Li, childish activities like urinating on a bible can also hurt causes.

Think about it. 

darth_josh
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Patrician wrote: Li,

The Patrician wrote:

Think about it.

[START YOUTUBE JEDI CHRISTIAN GUY VOICE] 

One day.

You will see. You will see.

Think about it. You do not even know what you are doing.

You will see. 

Think about it. Think about it.

[END YOUTUBE JEDI CHRISTIAN VOICE]

Patrician,

Which cause?

If doing that makes one feel better then I would say it was a GREAT cause. 

Li Yuki
Li Yuki's picture
User is offlineOffline
What's wrong with you.

The Patrician wrote:

Think about it.

What cause is this that you speak of? Well, whatever cause it may be it certainly is a cause that I will never be a part of. A cause that tells me it’s wrong to ruin a personal book or any other object. A cause that would tell me just to go through another 2 years of emotional pain instead of going through one more night of rage just because destroying that object may offend “some” people is a cause that I would never want to be a part of.

I don’t think you understand just how close to jumping over the edge I was. To say that I shouldn’t have destroyed that book would be the equivalent of telling me I should have just stabbed my throat with that cursed blade. Now, I don’t know what cause you are for, but as for me, I am for the cause of staying alive and making it just one more day and if I have to destroy a book to do that then so be it.

Who are 'you' to tell me any different?

By the way, you are right, though, it was childish for me to post such a personal story on a message board where anyone can just look at it, read it and use it against me. However, as for my actions, if I could go back and relive this experience over and over again then I would hope that my choices would never change, and I will never be sorry for this particular action as long as I live, no matter how much it may offend people like you!

The Patrician
The Patrician's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm glad it worked for you.

I'm glad it worked for you. Point is that any moderate atheist or theist reading it is going to shake their head and go "Oh dear, another angstheist".

There is nothing wrong with freeing oneself from one's shackles and I comend you for doing so but we live in a political world where things aren't always black and white. darth's method of showing people where the bible has lied to them is far more effective than destroying a bible and pissing on it.

Weapons, even theological ones, can be turned against their masters.

Freedom of religious belief is an inalienable right. Stuffing that belief down other people's throats is not.

darth_josh
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Either way works. Shit ANY

Either way works. Shit ANY way works. lol.

As I recall, you weren't too happy with the blasphemy challenge either, Patrician.

Li Yuki's method of 'biblical deconstruction'(lol. pun intended) could be a means of unification as well. There are many more people just like him that not only need our support, but the same words that I feel both of us are trying to give. 

An occasional bit of fun might be just what the proverbial doctor orders to get rid of some tension and anger that could have just as easily been applied to a living breathing source of the lies. I much prefer ripping, burning, pissing on, and then flushing a bible over the alternative.

I'm sure we can all agree on that. 

Li Yuki
Li Yuki's picture
User is offlineOffline
olah

The Patrician wrote:

I'm glad it worked for you. Point is that any moderate atheist or theist reading it is going to shake their head and go "Oh dear, another angstheist".

There is nothing wrong with freeing oneself from one's shackles and I comend you for doing so but we live in a political world where things aren't always black and white. darth's method of showing people where the bible has lied to them is far more effective than destroying a bible and pissing on it.

Weapons, even theological ones, can be turned against their masters.

Hey, unlike Darth Josh I did not post this story in order to deconvert people. I agree, it would be a terrible way for me to try and deconvert people by telling them this story. However in posting this story that was not my attention. That's probably why I posted it in the freethinking forums instead of anywhere else. By the way, if I was in the political world than I still would tell people this story and my reasoning behind it (if they asked of course), and if they failed to see that it was ultimately good for me than I feel sorry for them. I also think that, that is one of the major problems with today's political world; too many people are just trying to act like the majority wants them to act, feel, and talk instead of the political people speaking out for the way they actually feel on a subject.

By the way, Darth Josh the christian jedi thing you posted was hilarious. Could you link me, by any chance, to the youtube video of it? Oh, and thanks so much for all of the support Susan!

The Patrician
The Patrician's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fair enough.   Horses for

Fair enough.   Horses for courses I suppose.

And yes, I made no secret of my uneasiness about the BC. 

darth_josh
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
I wish I could find it.

I wish I could find it. I'll ask Sapient if he remembers the dude's screenname.

He was making a response to the blasphemy challenge. He was like evil smiling the whole time he was telling us that we didn't know what we were doing. lol. And he was wearing a hoody.