"A Thief in the Night"

Zeeboe
User is offlineOffline
"A Thief in the Night"

"A Thief in the Night" is all about the end times. I watched this movie and the sequel when I was a very small child. Like seven or eight years old and it scared me to tears. It's funny, my parents wouldn't ever let me watch horror movies with a fake story when I was a kid, but they would allow me to watch that crap and tell me it would happen one day. They used to tell me all the time that the we were living in the end times and that Jesus would be coming back REALLY soon. And of course, he never did.

I used to have trouble sleeping at night as a kid and was always freaked out about the end times, and my parents...especially my Father never consoled me. They'd always feed my fear and tell me that I better always be a good Christian and obey them.

I haven't seen the film since I was a small child. I'm sure if I were to watch it now, I'd laugh at it. Not just because I believed in a fairy tale, but because I've seen so many movies in my life that the acting is most likely horrible and the scary parts are probably laughable. But I will never forget how much this film scared of me.

There is a part of me that will always hate my parents for doing what they did to me. What they did was a form of child abuse.

vexed
vexed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sure looks like a cheesy

Sure looks like a cheesy movie.

SassyDevil
SassyDevil's picture
User is offlineOffline
End times stuff freaked me

End times stuff freaked me out, too.  Still does.  I'm an agnostic, and I sometimes wonder, What if?  But I think it's just a product of what people did to me.

xamination
xamination's picture
User is offlineOffline
I love that man's facial

I love that man's facial hair.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zeeboe wrote: It's funny,

Zeeboe wrote:

It's funny, my parents wouldn't ever let me watch horror movies with a fake story when I was a kid, but they would allow me to watch that crap and tell me it would happen one day.

Somewhat the same scenario as parents who don't allow their children to watch horror movies, but took these same children to see The Passion of the Christ, a bloody and quite violent movie.  Not only did they take their children to see this, the children were told it was a true story!

I wonder how many nightmares that one caused.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.