Well, duh!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Well, duh!

Doesn't it kind of get annoying when Christians get pwned about how ridiculous Christianity is, they sometimes point to the parts of the BuyBull that say some day people will scoff at/make fun of Christians? Well, when you have beliefs that stupid, of course that will happen, Nostradamus! :sarcasm:

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
It's as close as they're

It's as close as they're ever going to get to being "perseucted"

Bigg
Bigg's picture
User is offlineOffline
I hate when they do that,it

I hate when they do that,it doesnt prove a damned thing.
Every group gets scoffed at by someone,be it a religious group,political group,over sexual orientation,whatever.
Atheists say well be scoffed at by the religious,and we are.
Poor whiney christian,so oppressed waaahhhhh.
See the light,realize you arent the only oppressed group,and either change or shut the fuck up about it.

"Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions."--Frater Ravus

ParanoidAgnostic
ParanoidAgnostic's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's some sort of martyr

It's some sort of martyr complex. The more they suffer (con convince themselves they are suffering) for their beliefs the more right they must be.

Not that the logic used there is any worse than that used in their arguments.

Oh, a lesson in not changing history from Mr. I'm-My-Own-Grandpa!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I always do point out that

I always do point out that Christians seem to think they are persecuted when they are prevented from persecuting others.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

GodsLimits
User is offlineOffline
And then you have groups

And then you have groups like the Phelps (sp?) spewing ridiculousness into the air at the funerals of service men and women.  I'm absolutely amazed that they've gotten away with this without someone going ape shit on them.

I know if it was my loved one, I doubt I'd be able to hold back.  The sad thing is the entire family/church would view it as persecution and serve as proof in their minds that they're doing the "right" thing...sickening.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I just find it funny that

I just find it funny that there's a book that describes talking donkeys, a virgin impregnated by a ghost, people rising from the dead, etc and somehow the prediction that someday people would make fun of it is seen as a wondrous prophecy!