Am i a dick?

Joe6Pack
Joe6Pack's picture
User is offlineOffline
Am i a dick?

I cant fucking help it. i am sick siskc sick of psychych healijng and fucking psychych telling your damn future. i am a simple kinda guy. i believe in what i caqn wokj with. what i can reqlly work with and my womqan is insabe with her bulleshit psychics. I left christiabity because it is bullsit. Now i gota deal with new ager shit. Sjhe is really pushing me. I try not to be a dick but god damn it. I never signed on for the new age shit. I am drunk and pissed off. SHE WANT TO PSYCHIC HEAL MY ASS TO NOT DRINK ANYMORE BUT SHE NED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP. I AM SICK AND TIRED OD HEARING THAT SHIT.,...

Heal me of my alcoholism...i will deal with it eventually but god damn....

I am trapped with a nutjob.....I put up with it bbut now she think s she can help me with psychics...

I am pissed off. They can kiss my ass. I cam here sounding like a pussy in regards magical thinking, but noe i say fuck that shit. God damn.  I dont know if i want to quit drinking but fuck....NO PSYCHICS. aa IS FUCKING BULLSDHIT AND FUCK SPRITUAL SHIT. i TOLD HER TO fuck off with her bullshit. I think i am screwed.

Joe6Pack
Joe6Pack's picture
User is offlineOffline
i know that i am a morron,

i know that i am a morron, but god damn....I have to deal with bullshit....

I mean even if i quit she wants me to talk to this goerge dude...

fuck....what do i do? I think ill tell him to go piss up a rope...fucking bullshit psychyc bullshit. i want to debunk his bullshit..

fucker.

Joe6Pack
Joe6Pack's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey. ant heathens gonna say

Hey. ant heathens gonna say something? What do i do? I alrrady told her that i dont believe in that shit. I guess i was kinda mean to her in the way i said it. i have to go to wok tommorroew and i feel like shit.

thormos
thormos's picture
User is offlineOffline
If you said something you

If you said something you regret you should apologise.

A real "dickhead" is one that wont ever apologise, and will never change his ways.

If she show concern for your drinking you shouldn't get mad at her.

Even if she tries to tell you to see a psychic or something, you should just say you don't think it can help you, but still tank her for her concern. 

People with delusions are people to.

"Everyone knows that God drives a Plymouth: "And He drove Adam And Eve from the Garden of Eden in His Fury."
And that Moses liked British cars: "The roar of Moses' Triumph was heard throughout the hills."
On the other hand, Jesus humbly drove a Honda but didn't brag about it, because in his own words: "I did not speak of my own Accord." "

Joe6Pack
Joe6Pack's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yea. I havent daid i was

Yea. I havent daid i was sorry yet, but i will. She want me to see this george guy. A spychic. I don't get it. i function fufectly...i pay the bills. Now all of a sudden she has a problem with me and its that damn psychyc guy. I am easy going, but i cant agree with her about bullshit. But i dont go out of my wat to tell her that she is wasting money...still this goerge guy decided that i need to stop drinking. I dunt know, maybe but i sure dont need his help.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
If it helps at all, everyone

If it helps at all, everyone is a dick at some point. Maybe drinking is a problem for you, maybe not. I'm certainly not in a position to judge. If it is however, a psychic is not going to solve anything. It's not even remotely connected to their "profession". A psychiatrist maybe, but certainly not a psychic.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Joe6Pack
Joe6Pack's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yea. Well maybe i should

Yea. Well maybe i should quit. You mentioned a shrink. Do i seem that messed up? Im all bark and no bite.

zntneo
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
You don't need to be "that"

You don't need to be "that" messed up to see a shrink. You seem to be having problems ergo a shrink would help.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
You don't seem that messed

You don't seem that messed up no(especially considering the possibility of current alcohol consumption wreaking havoc with spelling Sticking out tongue). But it doesn't necessarily hurt to see one anyway. Perhaps you can arrange a compromise with your significant other. You see one to deal with your drinking, and she sees one to deal with her irrational belief in newagism, etc.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Joe6Pack
Joe6Pack's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am going to quit drinking

I am going to quit drinking for a while and see how things go. She will still try to get me to go to that goerge guy. I think i would rather see a shrink than him. Man, i have to spend money on that just to avoid bullshit.

Joe6Pack
Joe6Pack's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for talking with me.

Thanks for talking with me. I appreciate it.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Seeing a psychic would be a

Seeing a psychic would be a waste of money. Seeing a psychologist or psychiatrist actually can help with problems.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Dayve
User is offlineOffline
I agree, don't waste your

I agree, don't waste your money on a psychic. Psychic powers or whatever they call their "Healing abilities" don't exists, i believe Penn and Teller did a show about it, but common sense should tell you that it's bullcrap.

You may as well buy a bottle of milk and have that cure you of your alcoholism, because it will have exactly the same effect as a psychic would. That effect being... Absolutely no effect whatsoever.

There is REAL help you can get with drinking problems, spend your money on that if it's really that bad. 

Drea
Drea's picture
User is offlineOffline
I heard hypnotherapy could

I heard hypnotherapy could be a good fix, with her mentality she might be all on board with that. But really, it's hard enough finding people to love you, really hard to love someone drunk all time. The fact that she is sticking by and ernestly trying to help speaks volumes. Don't let someone who loves you go, or abuse or test that love too much unless you don't mind losing it. Love her and want to stop drinking for her, nothing wrong with a drink now and then but... it's no good in a relationship. You have to respect your partner, and love them. Putting drinking first means you put it before her and your relationship with her. In the end, you'll lose one of them if you don't cut one of them out. But really man... it's hard to find love and a woman to stick by you, try to get better, alcoholism is a rutt... not a path.

Quote:
If the man doesn't believe as we do, we say he is a crank, and that settles it. I mean, it does nowadays, because now we can't burn him.

Mark Twain

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Joe6Pack wrote: I am going

Joe6Pack wrote:
I am going to quit drinking for a while and see how things go.

I find that people who don't have drinking problems generally would not have a problem quitting drinking. It is only us addictive compulsive types who have this issue.  

vexed
vexed's picture
User is offlineOffline
As far as psychics go,

As far as psychics go, there is plenty of debunking of them. Find some compelling clips and show them to her to show why you feel 'psychics' are frauds.

James Randi alone has many videos on youtube which deal with the psychic fraud, and explains how they are done. Maybe this will allow her to reconsider he views on psychics.

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."--Stephen F. Roberts

Pile
atheist
Pile's picture
User is offlineOffline
Think of all the booze you

Think of all the booze you could buy with the money you save by not dealing with new age idiot gurus? I bet you could also afford a dictionary.

Have some goddam will power and make a change in your life. Do it and stop whining. You don't seem like a dick, just a baby. Nobody is going to fix your drinking problem except YOU. Take some responsibility, stop complaining, and be the agent for change.  Remember, you can always start drinking again if you decide sobriety is not for you, but have some balls and say you're going to do it for, say 30 days, and do it and don't cop out.

HellyK
User is offlineOffline
I would suggest that you get

I would suggest that you get your act together. If you really want to stop drinking, then do it. As for your girlfriend, I can't imagine being in a relationship with a person with such different values and opinions than mine. But if you want to stay in a relationship with her, my advice is that since she is definitely gullible you should try to change her. It would be good for your relationship, for the world and for her. Having a mind free of delusion will allow her to think critically and make better decisions in her life. Chances are she will never be taking advantage of unscrupulous people again, and you won't have to put up with such annoying situation anymore.

Adnihilo
Adnihilo's picture
User is offlineOffline
Don't Back Step to AA Religious Cult

Joe6Pack wrote:

What ever you do Joe, don't waste your efforts being 'reconverted' back to a 'higher power' again in an AA 12 step scam in trying to heal yourself of any substance abuse problem. AA is nothing more than a religious cult. Try Rational Recovery instead if you just can't do it on your own. RR is based on rational emotive therapy from world renown ATHEIST psychotherapist Albert Ellis, author of a "20th Century Guide to Rational Thinking" or something like that. 

Penn and Teller had a great segment on Bullshit called Penn & Teller debunk Alcoholics Anonymous you can watch if you've broadband. AA success rate is a at best 1% to 5% and less than folks who simply quit on their own without seeking outside help. 

AA Not the Only Way

If there was a God, Man wouldn't have had to invent him [reversing Voltaire's famous quote].

Joe6Pack
Joe6Pack's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pile wrote: Think of all

Pile wrote:

Think of all the booze you could buy with the money you save by not dealing with new age idiot gurus? I bet you could also afford a dictionary.

Have some goddam will power and make a change in your life. Do it and stop whining. You don't seem like a dick, just a baby. Nobody is going to fix your drinking problem except YOU. Take some responsibility, stop complaining, and be the agent for change.  Remember, you can always start drinking again if you decide sobriety is not for you, but have some balls and say you're going to do it for, say 30 days, and do it and don't cop out.

I like the way you think. Thanks for that. I am pretty close to my 30 days. No one is going to get me to prostitute my mind through my weaknesses. I DO have balls. I do not drink anymore. Peroid. Thank you for your rational response Pile. It is appreciated.

Pile wrote:
I bet you could also afford a dictionary.

I really needed to hear what you posted here. Thanks. As for the dictionary comment:

Kiss my ass.

hehe. Smiling

Joe6Pack
Joe6Pack's picture
User is offlineOffline
Adnihilo wrote: Joe6Pack

Adnihilo wrote:
Joe6Pack wrote:

What ever you do Joe, don't waste your efforts being 'reconverted' back to a 'higher power' again in an AA 12 step scam in trying to heal yourself of any substance abuse problem. AA is nothing more than a religious cult. Try Rational Recovery instead if you just can't do it on your own. RR is based on rational emotive therapy from world renown ATHEIST psychotherapist Albert Ellis, author of a "20th Century Guide to Rational Thinking" or something like that. 

Penn and Teller had a great segment on Bullshit called Penn & Teller debunk Alcoholics Anonymous you can watch if you've broadband. AA success rate is a at best 1% to 5% and less than folks who simply quit on their own without seeking outside help. 

AA Not the Only Way

Thanks man. I told everybody that I am not going to A.A. I have roughly a month. I am not going to do any program. I am just going to continue not drinking. They promised that so long as I don't drink anymore that they will not push AA on me. I hope they keep that promise. If not I am going to debunk thier idiotic notions of how 12 step programs help. I really appreciate these links. Dude thanks!

Joe6Pack
Joe6Pack's picture
User is offlineOffline
Drea wrote: I heard

Drea wrote:
I heard hypnotherapy could be a good fix, with her mentality she might be all on board with that. But really, it's hard enough finding people to love you, really hard to love someone drunk all time. The fact that she is sticking by and ernestly trying to help speaks volumes. Don't let someone who loves you go, or abuse or test that love too much unless you don't mind losing it. Love her and want to stop drinking for her, nothing wrong with a drink now and then but... it's no good in a relationship. You have to respect your partner, and love them. Putting drinking first means you put it before her and your relationship with her. In the end, you'll lose one of them if you don't cut one of them out. But really man... it's hard to find love and a woman to stick by you, try to get better, alcoholism is a rutt... not a path.

I have more patience when I'm drunk, but even then I have my limits. When I'm sober, which was rare, I just flat out treat superstitious thinking with "Stop. I don't want to hear it." and leave it at that. A few times I have treated my dad the same. He is a pastor. She only tries this shit on me when I've had more than my usual amount of drinks. She goes on and on about how amazing her psychic is and I'm usually pretty mild mannered in how I treat her. Thats cause I'm usually buzzed. I really don't think she expected such a reaction from me. I lost it when she and some one I don't even know conspired together in matters that are none of his bussiness. I have let her be, even when I see her flush money down the toilet on this stuff.

Ive stopped flushing our money down the tiolet on alcohol. So now she can discuss these things with her friends and leave me out of it. I will let her do how she sees fit, but from now on she understands that I will be blunt in telling her that I am not going to get sucked in to this horsehit. She thought that because I sometimes go to my dads church that I would be open to her brand of bull. At least with my dad its action before words. Good works. Stuff like that. I don't respect the bullshit, but at least I can respect the fact that my dad puts good works before magical thinking. Aside from having an invisble friend he is a man of reason and action. With my girlfriend its the opposite. It really pisses me off when I see someone waist so much energy on bullshit. I really despise new age or faith only christians. I have to put up with those kinds of people sometimes.

When I read your post I thought of my sister. I touched base with her and she said pretty much the same things you did here. She helped me and my girlfriend through this. When I first met my girlfriend she wasn't involved in that crap. So this is a hard pill to swallow. I love her so I am going to just let her be when it comes to her beliefs I guess so long as she keeps her promise not to bother me with that stuff.. Thanks Drea. I really appreciate it.

I really wish I could delete this whole thread. Its embarrassing. There are a lot of things that I say in my mind that I don't say out loud. I guess I am white trash in some ways, but I try to be a good person. I hope some heathens at least will give me a chance to show that I can be rational. Sorry for posting while drunk.

Joe6Pack
Joe6Pack's picture
User is offlineOffline
marcusfish wrote:

marcusfish wrote:

Joe6Pack wrote:
I am going to quit drinking for a while and see how things go.

I find that people who don't have drinking problems generally would not have a problem quitting drinking. It is only us addictive compulsive types who have this issue.  

I realise that I should not drink anymore. Compulsive? Funny you should say that. I try to get as much overtime as I can. I am usually happiest when at work. Anything worth doing is worth doing right. Life makes more sense to me at work. Its my days off that things seem to not work well. When it comes to a lot of things I am a perfectionist. People don't like that.