Todd Friel is a LIAR!!! Sapient PWNS!

Kuba
User is offlineOffline
Todd Friel is a LIAR!!! Sapient PWNS!

So, finding the RRS debate on youtube and watching it with almost too much glee as the RSS rapes Kirk Cameron and Ray, I noticed a video posted of a post "interview" of Sapient by Todd Friel. There was a brief exchange, mainly about abortion rights. Todd asked Sapient to provide a name of a women that had to have an abortion to save her life. Obviously, Sapient couldnt and didnt have that info right on the spot....so Todd claimed that the number was "0"!!!

So, I googled it....like Sapient suggested......and i found, in less than a min, two examples. (At this point I need to mention that getting the actual names of the women is practically impossible due to privacy rights....)

So here is a quote:

"Dr. Papa discussed the case of one thirty-year-old woman, both of whose parents had a history of heart attacks. This woman, herself, had a heart attack in which her cardiac tissue was damaged. She desperately wanted to have her baby, but after careful examination and many diagnostic tests, Dr. Papa determined that she could not carry the child to viability without a high probability of her own death."

"Another woman was found to have severely enlarged arteries near the heart, a condition of which she was unaware before she became pregnant. She, too, underwent a medically necessary abortion even though she, too, really wanted to have her baby."

Now, these are just two accounts from just one doctor!

BUT THATS NOT ALL FOLKS! Todd also mentions that there have been only 37 deaths due to back-alley abortions prior to Roe v Wade. hmmm, sounds fishy. So, i googled it Smiling and once again found out that Todd is consistantly giving false information.

In 1965 'at least 193 women died from illegal abortions'...and that is just in 1965!

Dam. Talk about using twisted facts. Well, I guess thats nothing new coming from the xian community.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Come on give Todd a break.

Come on give Todd a break. He just wants to accept bribes and brownie points from his invisable daddy so his invisable daddy wont beat the crap out of him for eternity. So whats wrong with fudging facts to avoid a vendictive disimbodied magical brain in the cosmos?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
That guy's a total asshat.

That guy's a total asshat.

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kuba wrote: Dam. Talk about

Kuba wrote:
Dam. Talk about using twisted facts. Well, I guess thats nothing new coming from the xian community.

No, it's not. Certainly when we consider the fundamental 'facts' surrounding their entire idiology. If you can create an imaginary, all-powerful sky pixie... what is to stop you from altering other aspects of reality to your liking. Nothing. 

rexlunae
rexlunae's picture
User is offlineOffline
I was surprised to see him

I was surprised to see him make that claim because I've only heard it once before, and, like Sapient, I was completely blindsided by it (although I thought his reaction to it was ultimately good). Who prepares for that kind of nonsense? It is dishonest in the extreme, and is possible to discount with a trivial amount of Googling, but it works because no one carries around a list of the names of women who've been in that situation in their pocket, and you're supposed to bring your evidence to make your case.

Since I first heard this claim, I've just tried to remember Ectopic Pregnancies, a pregnancy occurring outside the uterus, for which the only treatments presently available involve abortion of the pregnancy, and which would in most cases (for obvious reasons) be fatal if left untreated.

It's only the fairy tales they believe.