Evangelical Scientists Refute Gravity With New 'Intelligent Falling' Theory....?

Slimm
Superfan
Slimm's picture
User is offlineOffline
Evangelical Scientists Refute Gravity With New 'Intelligent Falling' Theory....?

I just don't know...

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/39512

Sometimes I do wish that religion was true, because the idea of religious people rising into the sky and out of Real Reality/Existance does sound nice at times.

Quote:
"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called Insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called Religion." - Robert M. Pirsig,

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
The onion is funny as hell,

The onion is funny as hell, man. Quite obviously this is satire, as the onion is exclusively devoted to joking around.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
LOL! I love the Onion.

LOL! I love the Onion.

Slimm
Superfan
Slimm's picture
User is offlineOffline
LOL

LOL

Gallagher
User is offlineOffline
'God' if you will, is

'God' if you will, is pushing them down,"

Im sure Phoebe in Friends had this theory first!! In the episode where she disputes evolution with Ross, she said how she believes we are being pushed down as opposed to being pulled. lol!!

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote: The onion

deludedgod wrote:
The onion is funny as hell, man. Quite obviously this is satire, as the onion is exclusively devoted to joking around.

Thank you!  I was reading it and thinking I don't even know how to refute that level of stupidity!!  I think I better drink a little more coffee before I read anymore today.  LOL 

22jesus22
22jesus22's picture
User is offlineOffline
You are right Gallagher! 

You are right Gallagher!  This was originally Phoebe's Theory.  "Its not so much that I'm being pulled down...its more like I'm being pushed down." ahahha

p.s. I love Friends, huge fan! 

Tarpan
Special Agent
User is offlineOffline
Slimm wrote: LOL Awesome,

Slimm wrote:
LOL

Awesome, it's been ages since I've seen someone mistake the onion for a real news source =0 Glad you can laugh it off lol