Brad Stainsby
User is offlineOffline
check it out

Romans Chapter 1 verses 18-27 is very interesting

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Did you want to discuss

Did you want to discuss something or just send people on a easter egg hunt? Please present a topic other than "read this".

Tilberian
Tilberian's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hmmm, let's see... The

Hmmm, let's see...

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who supress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - His eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

So we know God is God because there's no other explanation for where the world came from.

Oops. There is another explanation and a better one at that. Guess God isn't making himself quite as plain as the Bible would have us think.

For although they knew God, they neither glorified Him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

I guess this would suck...if you were one of those people who "knew God" and ignored him. I feel rather safe, since I know that God doesn't exist.

It does seem rather silly to worship images of men and animals, but the verse really doesn't illustrate why worshiping God is any better.

Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served created things rather than the Creator - who is forever praised. Amen.

So your punishment for not worshipping God is hot sex? YES! Tongue out

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown

Voided
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: Did you want to

BGH wrote:
Did you want to discuss something or just send people on a easter egg hunt? Please present a topic other than "read this".

Thats not a bad idea actually. War on Easter.... Put little pieces of paper that says things like "Read (X bad part of the bible)" in easter eggs, little kids pick them up, parents are happy kids are reading the bible, kids learn something most churchs don't like to talk about. Might have to have some sort of standard with this tho. I know there are parts I wouldn't want my kids to read (if I had kids). Then again people still read them stories about child abduction, cannibalism, and odd deaths then call them fairy tales...

Tilberian
Tilberian's picture
User is offlineOffline
Voiderest wrote: Thats not

Voiderest wrote:

Thats not a bad idea actually. War on Easter.... Put little pieces of paper that says things like "Read (X bad part of the bible)" in easter eggs, little kids pick them up, parents are happy kids are reading the bible, kids learn something most churchs don't like to talk about.

That's an awesome idea!  

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Voiderest wrote: Thats not

Voiderest wrote:

Thats not a bad idea actually. War on Easter.... Put little pieces of paper that says things like "Read (X bad part of the bible)" in easter eggs, little kids pick them up, parents are happy kids are reading the bible, kids learn something most churchs don't like to talk about. Might have to have some sort of standard with this tho. I know there are parts I wouldn't want my kids to read (if I had kids). Then again people still read them stories about child abduction, cannibalism, and odd deaths then call them fairy tales...

You just made me laugh out loud, that is a great idea! LOL. 

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brad Stainsby wrote: Romans

Brad Stainsby wrote:
Romans Chapter 1 verses 18-27 is very interesting

Welcome Brad Stainsby!

As BGH said, please do not just post a "read this".  Please offer an opinion on it, an argument or something for discussion. 

Anyway, we're glad you're here.  When you get a chance, we'd love for you to hop over to General Conversation, Introductions, and Humor and introduce yourself!

Again, welcome! 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome aboard, Brad!

Welcome aboard, Brad!