Wow...I'm rendered speechless....almost.

Maragon
Maragon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow...I'm rendered speechless....almost.

Link Here

Is it just me or is anyone else kinda...creeped out that this 'man' has such a hardon for the RRS?

I actually found some of the other RRS members blogs through comments on his posts, and I read in one of them that this guy has something like 4 other blogs that he uses to post about himself?

Before I would call him a christian, I'd call him anti-atheism. In fact, I mean, I wouldn't even compare him to most christians I know who are, in most resepects, kind people who are just a little deluded.

To me, if half the stuff I've read about him is true, Walton goes far beyond delusion, and into somewhere that, having studied psychology, scares me.

I'm sorry to post this here, but I am kinda, in all honesty, disturbed. He may just be the craziest 'theist' I've ever stumbled across.

[MOD EDIT: fixed link for page formatting]

Edger
User is offlineOffline
I musta missed it? All I saw

I musta missed it? All I saw was a bunch of blogs from run of the mill, pissed off Christians. Maybe the link needs to be directed?

Gizmo
High Level Donor
Gizmo's picture
User is offlineOffline
I barely want to post this

I barely want to post this as hes one of those people that I generally don't want to give any time to, however I can't help read his blogs cause besides the insane aspect of it, its entertaining. I agree, he seems to just have a major hardon for the RRS as a whole and especially Brian and Rook. I find it however with a silver lining. Means we scare him. I wonder if he sits there all day trying to find other ways to make fun of people.

However, I hesitate to give him any real credence cause then we look at him. I think the best thing we can do is too keep doing what we do and he will continue to find things wrong with it, which then just gives us more press.  The big issue I have with him is his dishonesty.  The rest is just funny, that part not so much..

Maragon
Maragon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks mod for the [MOD

Thanks mod for the [MOD EDIT: fixed link for page formatting], Smiling

I will confess that I force my fiancee to do that for me, this forum seems to hate me, and he's asleep. ::sheepish:: 

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Maragon wrote:Is it just

Maragon wrote:

Is it just me or is anyone else kinda...creeped out that this 'man' has such a hardon for the RRS?

Yes. 

Quote:
I actually found some of the other RRS members blogs through comments on his posts, and I read in one of them that this guy has something like 4 other blogs that he uses to post about himself?

Are you talking about RRS, Jr? That's not a RRS member, that's Frank.

Quote:
Before I would call him a christian, I'd call him anti-atheism. In fact, I mean, I wouldn't even compare him to most christians I know who are, in most resepects, kind people who are just a little deluded.

Indeed. 

Quote:
I'm sorry to post this here, but I am kinda, in all honesty, disturbed. He may just be the craziest 'theist' I've ever stumbled across.

Frank is a fucking idiot. He never approves my comments because he doesn't want his readers to see how dishonest he is. 

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
The guy you referenced

The guy you referenced above WILL have to take us on in court someday for likely over 100 infractions of libel and defamation (any lawyers out there want to take it on?) . We're just looking for the pro bono lawyer and the volunteer helper to piece all the court docs and info together. We wont waste our time spending the hours it takes to put together all the data when we have much bigger fish to fry. As for "creeping me out," no he doesn't do that anymore than your normal insane asylum patient (of which Frank should be).

Check out what the Christian owner of TheologyOnline says about Frank:

" This is the reason we don't normally host debates between people we do not know or trust - they may turn out to be jerks."

"You should be thankful and appreciative. Instead you are insulting, petty and rude."

"And then when we explained our position you responded with harsh insults."

" Frank, you are a petty, pathetic jerk. Please leave TOL and do not come back. You are not welcome here."

"Frank is a liar and a fool... Frank hurts the gospel and damages the cause for truth."

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Sapient, that RRS, Jr.,

Sapient, that RRS, Jr., a.k.a Frank, posted a blog on his RRS, Jr. blog about "Christians hate Frank" and "Frank is not a Christian".

The guy must have been really bored. 

GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Maragon wrote: Thanks mod

Maragon wrote:

Thanks mod for the [MOD EDIT: fixed link for page formatting], Smiling

I will confess that I force my fiancee to do that for me, this forum seems to hate me, and he's asleep. ::sheepish::

No prob! HTML isn't everyone's thing. Cool

And yes, that guy is very VERY creepy, and seems to have a real beef with the RRS as a whole. But as Sapient mentioned, he's not realy doing any harm except to his own credibility..... Even the theists he's so vehemently defending loathe this guy... Undecided

Maragon
Maragon's picture
User is offlineOffline
American Atheist, I know

American Atheist, I know RRS Jr. is Franks as well, it's blantantly obvious to anyone who can detect similarities in writing.

Who in the hell else would tack on the suffix 'poo' to any of their opponents names? Also, I find it hard to believe that ANYONE would be so taken with Walton that they would write a blog ALL about him.

And, I know he's not doing any harm per se, but I just always get weirded out by people who take things to the absolute extreme. I've tried looking on our boards here and I've never seen anything that would be just cause for him to be so riled up by us. 

And he won't post my comments either, Smiling

He and I were having a debate of sorts a month ago back, and when he ran out of answers he started refusing to post/deleting my already posted comments to save face. 

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've dealt with Frank

I've dealt with Frank before.  He is a knuckle dragging moron to the nth degree.  He thinks self-important morons like Gene Cook (who shut down his "Atheist Hour" rather than debate me) are complete geniuses.  He is a loser who just desires attention.  It's best to ignore trolls.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I think he lasted less than

I think he lasted less than a week here before his ass was banned.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
I posted a comment on his

I posted a comment on his blog, challenging him to a debate.

He hasn't approved the comment yet. Smile

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
I posted a comment too.

I posted a comment too. Let's see if it gets up there.

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
that guy had it against me

that guy had it against me for a while, I guess because of my affiliation with RRS??? either way he took one of my blogs that I had posted and attacked it on his website.  Since we didn't want to endorse his site, I had rebuked him on my blog here (see below) ...we went back and forth, but...I just didn't have the time/patience to deal with insane people anymore...and then he got banned, I just looked and he had replied to my blog....so I guess I'll leave a rebuke....giving time:

Blog here:   http://www.rationalresponders.com/why_im_an_atheist_and_what_atheism_means_to_me_my_perspective#comment

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
I got my comment through.

I got my comment through. My comment was "Wow. Just....wow." I got this reply from Frank Walton himself. In fact, that's the first comment on my weblog:

Hey thanks for the "WOW" on my site, what did you mean by wow? Sounds like you are a bit of a smart skeptic. Did you think I did well in the debate?

(don't post this part [e-mail address] let me know what you really thought. You probably haven't heard the whole story)

So, what should I say in response?