Commander: Tillman's Family is upset because they are atheists

triften
atheist
triften's picture
User is offlineOffline
Commander: Tillman's Family is upset because they are atheists

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=tillmanpart1

In an interview with battalion commander Kauzlarich, he suggests that the Tillman family is only upset because they are atheists and their son is "worm dirt".

Sigh...

-Triften 

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
geez. so does Kauzlarich

geez. so does Kauzlarich think that if they were christians they would have been hunky-dory with Tillman's death because he was on his way to heaven? how fantastically idiotic.

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: In an interview with

Quote:
In an interview with ESPN.com, Kauzlarich said: "When you die, I mean, there is supposedly a better life, right? Well, if you are an atheist and you don't believe in anything, if you die, what is there to go to? Nothing. You are worm dirt. So for their son to die for nothing, and now he is no more — that is pretty hard to get your head around that. So I don't know how an atheist thinks. I can only imagine that that would be pretty tough."

What an asshat.

I like the mothers comments though:

Quote:

"Well, this guy makes disparaging remarks about the fact that we're not Christians, and the reason that we can't put Pat to rest is because we're not Christians," Mary Tillman, Pat's mother, said in an interview with ESPN.com. Mary Tillman casts the family as spiritual, though she said it does not believe in many of the fundamental aspects of organized religion.

"Oh, it has nothing to do with the fact that this whole thing is shady," she said sarcastically, "But it is because we are not Christians."

After a pause, her voice full with emotion, she added, "Pat may not have been what you call a Christian. He was about the best person I ever knew. I mean, he was just a good guy. He didn't lie. He was very honest. He was very generous. He was very humble. I mean, he had an ego, but it was a healthy ego. It is like, everything those [people] are, he wasn't."

Icebergin
Icebergin's picture
User is offlineOffline
(gasp)  People get mad

(gasp)

People get mad when you flat-out LIE to them? Never. It must be because they are atheist.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
What a fucking dumbass.

What a fucking dumbass.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
So he thinks the death is a

So he thinks the death is a good thing. And he calls himself moral. Some theists are so disgusting sometimes.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hmmm...and noone seems to

Hmmm...and noone seems to care that he left a lucrative, risk-free job to find Bin Laden - without the incentive of eternal rewards.

Let's remember that the next time a christian is killed by friendly fire.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Support the troops (except

Support the troops (except the ones who are atheists)! Ugh.

This makes me sick. Next thing you know they're going to pull a John Kerry on Tillman and say that he was never really in Afghanistan...

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?