Old and Busted: banana New Hotness: peanut butter

mindspread
mindspread's picture
Posts: 360
Joined: 2007-02-18
User is offlineOffline
Old and Busted: banana New Hotness: peanut butter

GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
Posts: 461
Joined: 2006-08-17
User is offlineOffline
Oh. Man. Such basic

Oh. Man.

Such basic misrepresentation of abiogenesis as evolution.

I am not a violent person at all, but the smug superiority of that blonde woman in that office made me physicaly want to punch the screen.   

I'm surprised I made it to peanut butter guy.

Man, 'cause peanut butter SO contains everything neccessary to start life. Are they suggesting atheists believe in peanut butter based life forms? 

What makes me more sad is that people will believe this, like they believe microwaves will cause babies to go blind and that astrology is real. *cries for the world*

BASIC SCIENCE, PEOPLE!!!!! 


Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
Posts: 2479
Joined: 2006-03-19
User is offlineOffline
Evolution predicts that

Evolution predicts that occasionally, when you turn on your water faucet, an elephant should pop out! Well, we've been turning on water faucets for over 100 YEARS, and not ONCE has an elephant popped out! In fact, the entire water industry depends on the fact that evolution is not true.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!


MisterDax
Posts: 66
Joined: 2007-01-25
User is offlineOffline
Whoah

How can anyone expect me to have any faith towards humankind after that?

Hey, I can lift a pencil from the ground, I guess gravity is bs too!


Ophios
Ophios's picture
Posts: 909
Joined: 2006-09-19
User is offlineOffline
Creationism states that we

Creationism states that we were made by god from chickens!

I don't have a beak, I don't have feathers! And god is never painted as a chicken himself, Therefore it is false 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.


aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
Posts: 1923
Joined: 2006-09-12
User is offlineOffline
If that guy is really an

If that guy is really an engineer, I don't want to drive onto any bridge he designed.


Ophios
Ophios's picture
Posts: 909
Joined: 2006-09-19
User is offlineOffline
I got the new

I got the new anit-evolution argument.

 

Bread!

It makes sense, evolution can't explain the banana and peanut-butter sandwich!

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.


GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
Posts: 461
Joined: 2006-08-17
User is offlineOffline
Ophios wrote: I got the

Ophios wrote:

I got the new anit-evolution argument.

 

Bread!

It makes sense, evolution can't explain the banana and peanut-butter sandwich!

Yeah, are we supposed to believe the bread came together on both sides of the peanut butter by CHANCE!? You evolutionists would have us think peanut butter sandwiches are just randomly attracted together into a finished sandwich!!? HA HA, it is to laugh.

THe bananas must be placed onto the sandwich assembled by someone, by a maker, a SANDWICH maker, a SANDWICH CREATOR!

SO there. 


todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
Posts: 2811
Joined: 2006-03-10
User is offlineOffline
natural wrote: Evolution

natural wrote:
Evolution predicts that occasionally, when you turn on your water faucet, an elephant should pop out! Well, we've been turning on water faucets for over 100 YEARS, and not ONCE has an elephant popped out! In fact, the entire water industry depends on the fact that evolution is not true.

 

Precisely. What did Missler expect? A snake to fling itself out of jar?

Abiogensis predicts the formation of a precusor to life, something even more basic than a virus....  

I also like how the clip lists him as an 'engineer' as if this ought to impress you... as if an engineer is qualified enough to refute the basic foundation of biology.

 

Those who know the good, do the good. - Socrates

Books on atheism.


thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
Posts: 1022
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
todangst wrote: I also like

todangst wrote:
I also like how the clip lists him as an 'engineer' as if this ought to impress you... as if an engineer is qualified enough to refute the basic foundation of biology.

If evangelical preachers and 6th graders can be smarter than scientists who specialise in the field of discussion, then this engineer must be the smartest man alive! 

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
Precisely. What did Missler

Precisely. What did Missler expect? A snake to fling itself out of jar?

Somebody should've rigged a spring snake in there.

I don't know how it is in bumfuck middle America, but I don't buy the peanut butter brand with the methane and amino acids.

Then there's the whole “Then where the hell did the deity come from?” question that arises. That's always good for a laugh.


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
If peanut butter refutes

If peanut butter refutes evolution, and bananas are the atheist's nightmare, god must be... no... it can't be...
You... you died on the toilet!


GodlessLitany
GodlessLitany's picture
Posts: 27
Joined: 2007-02-16
User is offlineOffline
My brain hurts, and I'm

My brain hurts, and I'm about to cry.  I can't believe I was wrong all this time, my entire world view has been shattered...how could I NOT see how WRONG Darwin and Dawkins and every other "scientist" has been!?  It was all so obvious!  The answer was all around me!  Science is wrong and the bible is true!  God created everything!  Evolution couldn't have happened, there are still monkeys around to talk about how God created them!

 

I honestly don't understand the stupidity (or perhaps I should be kind and call it ignorance) of these people.  That guy at the very start I've seen somewhere else where he tried to claim that it was ever so OBVIOUS that the Grand Canyon was carved out by rushing water in a great flood.  What evolution scientist has ever stated that energy hitting peanut butter is supposed to produce animals?  These people don't even take the time to learn about the theory they're trying to refute.  I'd like to at least see them make a halfway decent argument that I could refute rather than one so self-refuting and, well, just plain sad.

Humanity needs compassion and knowledge-an end to bigotry and undue ignorance. Religion stands in the way of these and my other ideals so strongly that I can't think of a stance apart from atheism that will allow me to feel like a decent human being.


ImmaculateDeception
ImmaculateDeception's picture
Posts: 280
Joined: 2006-11-08
User is offlineOffline
  Peanut butter?  You're

  Peanut butter?  You're kidding, right?  How fucking stoned do you have to be to come up with this?  Those shrooms are doing nothing for you, man.

Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine


LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
Posts: 768
Joined: 2007-05-22
User is offlineOffline
I thought it was the banana

I thought it was the banana that was the atheist's worst nightmare...


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5486
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Peanut butter:The atheist's NIGHTMARE


Jarem Asyder
Jarem Asyder's picture
Posts: 153
Joined: 2007-06-18
User is offlineOffline
Hey I can pull random

Hey I can pull random bullshit ideas out of my ass too! Does that mean I'm a scientist?

 I hate this kind of crap, if you go to any natural history museum here in the midwest you see this kind of ignorance everywhere. I watched a creationist walk into the geology museum at UMKC and basically tell the curator there that all the fossils there were bunk. I'm embarrassed to live here...

 

Though, I am hungry for a peanut butter sandwhich now, good thing evolutions a lie and I dont have to worry about new life in my peanutbutter.

 Idiots...


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
I wonder if this is how

I wonder if this is how their strawman brains actually work:

"I have never seen a tornado plow through a trailer park, open a jar of peanut butter, create a monkey/fish/frog thingy, a 747 and a wristwatch. That is exactly what 'evolution' wants you to believe, have you ever witnessed a crocaduck, give birth to a rock that turned into a computer and brought forth life from a 'big bang'? I think not. Call me Mr. Super Duper Creation Science Man!!"


iranu
Posts: 59
Joined: 2007-07-27
User is offlineOffline
Proof of 2+2=4

Proof of 2+2=4

Working in N as defined by the Peano axioms,

We then have 0 and a successor operation.
Definitions of the first numbers:

1 := S(0) and 2 := S(1), 3 := S(2), 4:= S(3)

Definition of addition, by recursion (well-defined by the 5th axiom)
a+0 = a
a+S(b) = S(a+b)

Definition of multiplication:
a*0 = 0
a*S(b) = (a*b) + a.

So 2 * 2 = 2 * S(1) = 2 * 1 + 2 = 2*S(0) + 2 = (2*0 + 2 ) + 2
= (0 + 2) + 2 = 2 + 2.

And 2 + 2 = 2 + S(1) =S( 2 + 1 ) = S( 2 + S(0)) = S(S(2 + 0)) = S(S(2))
= S(3) = 4.

Nope I'm afraid that's totally not true. As defined by Peanut Butter axioms 2+2=5.


illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
Posts: 580
Joined: 2007-07-20
User is offlineOffline
If we want to take their

If we want to take their Peanut Butter-claim to the logical conclusion, shouln't this also mean food will never spoil meaning that by certain foods, like fruits and vegetables, spoiling on their own will prove their claim wrong?

" Why does God always got such wacky shit to say? . . . When was the last time you heard somebody say 'look God told me to get a muffin and a cup tea and cool out man'?" - Dov Davidoff