Rational Response Squad a Joke?

Mordagar
RRS local affiliateSuperfan
Mordagar's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rational Response Squad a Joke?

Yes, according the the blog of J Mart.

Taken from his blog:

So far, the RRS has proven to be nothing but a joke. Any sort of confidence or boldness they project is all smoke and mirrors. They are ignorant of biblical theology, and good philosophy. They've demonstrated to lack common sense all together. I would ask that all you Christians be praying for these guys. They've been given over to a lie, and it's quite disheartening. Blessings, I love you guys.

More prayers for us. Exciting, in a condescending way.

"The idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I am unable to take seriously." [Albert Einstein, letter to Hoffman and Dukas, 1946]

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is a typical Christian

This is a typical Christian stance: The argument from assertion. He has nothing to back up this statement. If he did and felt so, the idiot would try and debate us. Instead, he just states it. Repeated and unreasonable assertions with no substantiation. If he believes we are ignorant in such matters, request that he provide evidence for such an assertion

We'll be waiting when he doesn't 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Mordagar wrote:   So far,

Mordagar wrote:

So far, the RRS has proven to be nothing but a joke. Any sort of confidence or boldness they project is all smoke and mirrors. They are ignorant of biblical theology, and good philosophy. They've demonstrated to lack common sense all together. I would ask that all you Christians be praying for these guys. They've been given over to a lie, and it's quite disheartening. Blessings, I love you guys.

Ironic that he claims we're smoke and mirrors while providing nothing more than smoke and mirrors.  It's easier to discredit in this manner than to attack our actual arguments, and while speaking to a flock of mostly gullible people, these types of arguments are rather effective. 

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Just another asshole with a

Just another asshole with a conclusion to rationalize.

Apokalipse
Apokalipse's picture
User is offlineOffline
the RRS is a joke? I don't

the RRS is a joke?

I don't get it. Is there a punchline or something?

inspectormustard
atheist
inspectormustard's picture
User is offlineOffline
I dropped him a reply on his

I dropped him a reply on his blog.

Mordagar
RRS local affiliateSuperfan
Mordagar's picture
User is offlineOffline
Since he is keen on posting

Since he is keen on posting videos, I tried to post this video on his site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdVucvo-kDU

Denied.

Hypocrisy? 

"The idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I am unable to take seriously." [Albert Einstein, letter to Hoffman and Dukas, 1946]

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Mordagar

Mordagar wrote:

Denied.

ROTFLMFAO! 

AModestProposal
AModestProposal's picture
User is offlineOffline
With all these people

With all these people praying for us, you'd think we'd be the most blessed people on the planet by now, right?

AModestProposal
AModestProposal's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here's the comment i posted

Here's the comment i posted on the his blog:

You're going to have to explain to me how God is any more falsifyable than String Theory. For an assertion to be falsifiable, it must be theoretically possible to make an observation or do a physical experiment that would show the assertion to be false. You are not being intellectually honest if you are making the claim that God satisfies this criteria. At most, you could argue God is as non-falsifyable as String Theory. However, books like "God: The Failed Hypothesis" show why, unlike String Theory, God is built upon faulty premises. I believe that you are making the common logical fallacy of not applying the same critical analysis to both hypotheses. You are beginning with the premise that God absolutely does exist, and then trying to find evidence to support this premise, while discarding any evidence that may go against said premise. In other words, you're working things backwards. This is not how the Scientific Method works.

inspectormustard
atheist
inspectormustard's picture
User is offlineOffline
AModestProposal wrote: With

AModestProposal wrote:
With all these people praying for us, you'd think we'd be the most blessed people on the planet by now, right?

That's gotta be it; it's not clarity of thought we're experiencing, it's the blessing of god(s). To prove it, I will now catch this bullet in my teeth! *bang* Ow!