we're all the antichrist?

Rev0lver
User is offlineOffline
we're all the antichrist?

2 John 1:7 reads-

"Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist."

Is this what Christians mean when they think we are all satan worshippers?

Technarch
User is offlineOffline
It depends.  Many

It depends.  Many Christians believe Antichrist is one person, an anti-Jesus, a Darth Vader to the coming Luke Skywalker.  But looking at the verses shows Antichrist, or Antikristos, as plural, meaning those who are against christ.  it could include non-christian theists as well, but includes anyone who is "anti christ."

FundamentallyFlawed
FundamentallyFlawed's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm not an anti-christ. 

I'm not an anti-christ.  If he was real, I think he was probably a pretty good guy.

I'd love to sit down with him, have a beer, and talk about what assholes fundamentalist christians are.

Side note: I saw the best bumper sticker the other day... it said, "Please, Lord Jesus... protect me from your followers!"

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rev0lver wrote: 2 John 1:7

Rev0lver wrote:

2 John 1:7 reads-

"Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist."

I'm not so sure, because I don't consider myself a deceiver.

And I don't think Jesus Christ ever existed.

Quote:
Is this what Christians mean when they think we are all satan worshippers?

Pfft. I'd rather worship Satan, he only killed 7 people, according to the Bible.