Rationality Beyond Theism

DoubleB
RRS local affiliate
User is offlineOffline
Rationality Beyond Theism

We're all familiar with the irrationalities of theism, yet I haven't heard a lot of chatter about other irrationalities we encounter in our lives, and there's plenty of them to discuss.  The Rational Response Squad promotes critical thinking to free mankind from theistic beliefs, but a some of us have evolved beyond theistic beliefs, and this blog entry is for you!

Living a good life requires a lot of dynamic elements, and all of these elements need to be examined rationally.  Everything from the choices we make at work, with our friends and family, the way we manage our money, all the way down to our health.  All of these things must be managed properly to optimize our lives.

Here's a random scenario:  If you're given an oppritunity to advance your career, but you have to move 3000 miles away from your friends and family, you need to take a step back and think this decision through.  Afterall this is a life shaping decision you're faced with.  There are a lot of pros and cons to weigh.  Obviously if you seek advancement in your career it would be a good move, but your friends and family may not forgive you for leaving them behind.  Taking time to ponder or meditate on this choice isn't going to be easy, but it has to be made in a logical manner, as do all of the choices we make. 

I could go on and on with scenario after scenario.  As life goes on, we "evolve" as humans.  Every situation we encounter in our daily lives can make us or break us, but the decisions we make in dealing with said situations is what will make or break us.  In other words, modern society is demanding the survival of the fittest.

I've made a lot of irrational choices in my life, all of us have.  There's nothing wrong with making mistakes.  However the worst thing anyone can do is not learn anything from their mistakes.

I'd like to hear some stories about the mistakes you've made, and the things you've learned.

BB