New Indiana License Plate

V1per41
V1per41's picture
User is offlineOffline
New Indiana License Plate

http://www.takingdownwords.com/photos/uncategorized/ingodwetrust_2.jpg

It's not going to be the standard plate but still...  I'm embarrassed I ever lived in that state.

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, I saw that plate on a

Yeah, I saw that plate on a car the other day, I'm embarrassed that I live in IN. Still, it's moderately religious here.

V1per41
V1per41's picture
User is offlineOffline
Now that I've had time to

Now that I've had time to think about it I've changed my mind a little bit.  I don't really mind it for a couple of reasons.

1) It's not the default plate so I don't really see a seperation of church & state issue here

2) It gets stupid people to give more money to the state government which would translate to more money for my alma mater Purdue University. Smiling 

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
V1per41 wrote: 2) It gets

V1per41 wrote:

2) It gets stupid people to give more money to the state government which would translate to more money for my alma mater Purdue University. Smiling

>:3

GREAT!

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

Vanguard
Vanguard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Heh, still portrays us as

Heh, still portrays us as theocratic baboons for Europeans to further laugh at.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
They ought to have an option

They ought to have an option of an atheist plate.

V1per41
V1per41's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: They

MattShizzle wrote:
They ought to have an option of an atheist plate.

Yea, that'll be the day.  They don't even have that option in Massachusetts, the most liberal state of them all.

I'll stick with my darwin and evolve fish for now.