HEY IT WORKED FOR TED HAGGARD..IT CAN WORK FOR YOU TOO...!!!!

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Haggard would do well to

Haggard would do well to become a comic but keep saying what he says now because the words that come out of his mouth are fucking funny!!

FundamentallyFlawed
FundamentallyFlawed's picture
User is offlineOffline
A few months ago, Stephen

A few months ago, Stephen Colbert did a bit about these "former homosexual" Christian groups.

He said he did not like them because if it is possible to become straight, then it is possible to become temporarily gay.  There's nothing stopping you from heading down to Key West for a few days, have a weekend of gay decadence, fly home, and read a few passages of Leviticus to become straight again.

I've actually encountered groups of former former homosexuals... people who bought into all of that religious cure for gayness crap and later came to their senses.  They do a lot of counter-protesting when these Christian groups show up.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oddly enough, when I've

Oddly enough, when I've talked to former homosexuals and former former homosexuals, it seems like the DeGayification Sweat Lodges have stumbled onto something the rest of the world has been familiar with for quite some time.

It's called the Kinsey Scale.

The small portion of the population who is completely gay is unaffected by the "therapy."  The large portion who are slightly to moderately gay often feel "less gay" after therapy, but are prone to "relapses."  Then there's the small portion who are truly sitting on the fence and are completely bisexual.  Often after therapy, they can comfortably opt for the hetero lifestyle with only mild repression of their natural desires.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'll say at again (I've yet

I'll say at again (I've yet to say it here).

Sexuality is like handedness. 

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
Or they can just stare at

Or they can just stare at the big pair that now graces the site above the chat room info.

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Everyone needs avatars that

Everyone needs avatars that look up.

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
......what was that, MrRage?

......what was that, MrRage?

MrRage
User is offlineOffline