User is offlineOffline
Never heard that before.

Never heard that before. Funny.

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
Awesome. I really enjoyed

Awesome. I really enjoyed that.

BTW I found it on a website for anyone who may want to add it to their blog.

http://www.solstice.us/russell/theologian.html

Connor
Connor's picture
User is offlineOffline
That is certainly better

That is certainly better than the "atheist's nightmare": http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y4yBvvGi_2A

doctoro
doctoro's picture
User is offlineOffline
Connor wrote: That is

Connor wrote:
That is certainly better than the "atheist's nightmare": http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y4yBvvGi_2A

That douchebag has no concept of coevolution.

PLANTS EVOLVE TO CREATE EDIBLE FRUITS THAT WILL BE EATEN BY ANIMALS IN ORDER TO SPREAD THE SEEDS THROUGH DEFECATION.

Enough said?  Eat the fruit, poop the seeds, make more fruit trees.

The banana being well fit for human consumption is good evidence for evolution, not design.

Bananas provide some carbohydrates and potassium, but their nutritional content is actually quite low.  They are likened to a potato in their high energy content but poor nutritive value.  If fruits were intelligently designed, they would have the perfect amount of nutrients in every fruit.  There would be no need to diversify your diet, for you could eat one fruit and get all the nutrition you need.

Out of all the fruits you could choose to eat, bananas are not even remotely the most nutritious.  Furthermore, bananas grow high up on trees, posing significantly dangerous risks to any humans who would try to get them in the wild.  Why risk your life to get a banana when you could get an intelligently designed, perfectly nutritious fruit growing on a bush?

Besides, after the fall of man due to sin, wouldn't all the perfect, intelligently designed fruits be removed from our possible dining options?  Maybe god would intentionally make it harder for us to find nutritive food.

In sum, the maker of that video is a total moron who knows absolutely nothing about evolution.  He makes poor arguments to attack an argument he doesn't even understand.

Connor
Connor's picture
User is offlineOffline
^ Yeah, I posted it because

^ Yeah, I posted it because I found it so hilarious that ANYONE could believe something so obviously false. As one Youtuber posted in response: "If God created the banana, then what what the hell is the purpose of the pineapple?!" Smile

doctoro
doctoro's picture
User is offlineOffline
Connor wrote: ^ Yeah, I

Connor wrote:
^ Yeah, I posted it because I found it so hilarious that ANYONE could believe something so obviously false. As one Youtuber posted in response: "If God created the banana, then what what the hell is the purpose of the pineapple?!" Smile

Or the coconut?

Artichoke?

Skin on the kiwi?

Poisonous fruit?

Pits in peaches?

the list goes on and on. 

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Maybe the purpose of the

Maybe the purpose of the banana was to tempt Eve into sinning...Wink

riverrun
User is offlineOffline
HAHA.. Great post

HAHA.. Great post Doctoro.

I love the use of (timeless) Euclidean three dimensional primitives.

Long live Russell. 

TyronneT (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
work

Normal 0

That was great! I enjoyed reading it!  We, “Human Being”, are said to be the most intellectual animal in the animal kingdom. We actually have a brain that can transmit million of information in a second. And because of this, we feel superior! We actually feel that we are the greatest creature I the whole universe! We actually forgot is to slow down and take a rest! Yes! Work is often thought as the definition of what makes a person.  Your work is thought to be what you ultimately are – but how silly is that?  (What if you service septic tanks for a living?)  The author, philosopher, historian, and mathematician Bertrand Russell once wrote an essay called In Praise of Idleness, and we often forget the simple pleasure of writing a poem or doing crosswords in the paper, or reading someone's memoirs, if it's interesting enough.  (The recollections of a business software engineer wouldn't count – boring!)  In modern life, we too often are caught up in work and forget to take time to do nothing. There was a quote which goes like this: “Drink, eat and be merry! For tomorrow, we shall die!”.

ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
User is offlineOffline
Connor wrote:That is

Connor wrote:

God made dick perfect for his mouth too.

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.