right and wrong according to theists

yowhasoy
User is offlineOffline
right and wrong according to theists

I posted a question on a christian forum, very simple

Is right being Christian
     and wrong being atheist?

How do you think they'll respond?

"Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear" -Thomas Jefferson

Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes?

Yes?

yowhasoy
User is offlineOffline
I wonder though, will they

I wonder though, will they try to stay on a certain moral high ground and pretend they are better, or will they go the stereotypical fundamentalist way.

"Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear" -Thomas Jefferson

Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
User is offlineOffline
What's the

What's the difference?

Maybe they will preach a little more? 

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
The ultimate fallacy in any

The ultimate fallacy in any Christian morality argument I've ever heard is simply the notion that morality is a constant universal.

This leads down at least two predictable paths:

1) Ethical relativism leads to fascism, communism, naziism, and almost any other bad word you can think of that ends in ism.

2) the inability of humans to come up with a universal morality proves that god exists, since universal morality obviously exists.

(Watch me bite my own ass while twisting into a circular logic pretzel!)

Wait for these arguments. If these people have been to church, ever, they'll soon start spouting like old faithful. (pun intended.)

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Watch me

Hambydammit wrote:
Watch me bite my own ass while twisting into a circular logic pretzel!

I'd be more impressed with a circular logic Mobius strip.

Diosdato
Theist
User is offlineOffline
yowhasoy wrote: I posted a

yowhasoy wrote:

I posted a question on a christian forum, very simple

Is right being Christian
     and wrong being atheist?

How do you think they'll respond?

I'll Give you my Christian response on your lovely forum:

It is not my place to judge whether or not you are right are wrong. That is for God to decide.

"There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you - who are you to judge your neighbor?" James 4:12

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Matthew 7:1

See, not my call.

yowhasoy
User is offlineOffline
well that's pretty cool, I

well that's pretty cool, I am judged by something that is a figment of imagination, so I'm pretty sure I'm safe.

Ever since I posted that though, I became an avid member of that forum, making many uneasy, but posting simple and obvious questions to there faith, something that would easily be answered with evidence of a god. In the mean time, I have been causing much debate among the admins there about who should and should not be there.

You know, I was looking for a bible quote the other day and I decided to drop the joke off the end of that post 'cause I was in too much of a hurry to bother finding my bible (I think I burned it, I'm not sure) so there is a quote, I think it's in Psalms, that reads along the lines of, "deny all logic when seeking god" something like that, any help?

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
yowhasoy wrote: Ever since

yowhasoy wrote:
Ever since I posted that though, I became an avid member of that forum, making many uneasy, but posting simple and obvious questions to there faith, something that would easily be answered with evidence of a god. In the mean time, I have been causing much debate among the admins there about who should and should not be there.

yowhasoy, what forum is this? I'd like to join in on the fun. I've already been involved in one christian formum that completely banned all nonchristians. I want to go 2-2.

hellfiend666
Rational VIP!
hellfiend666's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christian forums have

Christian forums have already shown us that they don't care who is voicing thier opinion, and starting debates.... as long as the person in question is a christian.  I'm sure I don't need to tell you this, but don't be surprised if you get banned.  I wouldn't be, in fact I'm expecting it, as I'm sure you are as well.  Good work, none-the-less.

The darkness of godlessness lets wisdom shine.

yowhasoy
User is offlineOffline
Challengeblasphemy.com I

Challengeblasphemy.com

I know, it's perfect!

Boggest problem I see is the first part. The first step to being able to post anything is to first state why you want to be there. I put a simple "I'm here to study" in a sea of "jesus is awesome, jesus is my buddy, jesus makes me wet my pants" bullshit.

So after they sift through the first set of atheists, you begin to post. and then a theist will post with a bible quote, then I will post with a graph providing erracy to the bible quote, and then they will claim that I am just fucking with their heads and I will never see their light of day. I really do like screwing with them, to say the truth, but I can't sit back while they say that they're right while scholars of all kinds agree that they're wrong.

Urg, theists piss me off

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
yowhasoy

yowhasoy wrote:
Challengeblasphemy.com

You might be interested this thread.

I was posting there, and then they banned all the infidels. Are they letting us back in?

yowhasoy
User is offlineOffline
edit double thread

edit double thread

yowhasoy
User is offlineOffline
they are, but i tread on

they are, but i tread on thin ice. I don't directly offend them, I simply ask questions that, if they answer them, they will do all the work for me.

I'm still waiting to be banned for this post I used to respond to the admins telling me I was playing games with them.

"I am simply answering your responses with facts, I don't know any other way to respond to questions other then to refer to facts. I'm sorry if I am offending you with my facts, but it is the way a discussion goes. Question to answer to questioning the answer to questioning the questioning of the answer. Apparantly though, people don't like to question, they simply want to accept an answer without researching facts. "

The admin later emailed me asking if I was playing games, the message was a vit long so i basically said, "I don't play games, you do that to yourselves."

Maybe its the fact that I don't use language that explicitly offends certain people, just everyone, arising the saying, "I don't discriminate, I hate everyone equally" nevertheless, I have yet to be banned and it's kind of pissing me off.

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
yowhasoy, I'm just curious.

yowhasoy, I'm just curious. Do they still have the debate forum, and are my post still up? I used the same handle as I do here.

On principle, I don't really want to sign up again to check myself.

yowhasoy
User is offlineOffline
nope, guess they burned

nope, guess they burned them. If I were them, I wouldn't want a rabid atheist on my forums either, telling everyone that I'm wrong and that they're right. Despite the fact that I can't say otherwise, I must be right, so therefore, I will eradicate all that oppose me so that I am."

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
yowhasoy wrote: nope, guess

yowhasoy wrote:
nope, guess they burned them. If I were them, I wouldn't want a rabid atheist on my forums either, telling everyone that I'm wrong and that they're right. Despite the fact that I can't say otherwise, I must be right, so therefore, I will eradicate all that oppose me so that I am."

Of course. They admited to it too.