Which is more annoying?

MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Which is more annoying?

2 kinds of theists I see on here (and elsewhere) are the 2 that really annoy me. The 2 are the ones who are purposely dishonest, and the ones who are so unintelligent or ignorant that they "just don't get" when you try to explain things to them. Which is worse?

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
Posts: 240
Joined: 2006-12-29
User is offlineOffline
If I know a theist is too

If I know a theist is too unintelligent to get it, I don't even try.
The purposefully dishonest theists make up the majority of the rest, I believe. The ones that aren't dishonest and intelligent will probably lose their faith eventually.

I might add that the ones that are dishonest, are probably dishonest because they fear the consequences if they admit to themselves (and others) that they are wrong. 

Flying Spaghetti Monster -- Great Almighty God? Or GREATEST Almighty God?


aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
Posts: 1923
Joined: 2006-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Dishonesty is worst because

                          

Dishonesty is worse because ignorance is not premeditated.

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.


Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
Posts: 240
Joined: 2006-12-29
User is offlineOffline
Well, ignorance is

Well, ignorance is something that can be remedied. The unintelligent just lack the ability to grasp the knowledge. Many theists just choose to remain ignorant.  After all, they are usually taught not to question. They just choose to ignore evidence and pretend like it doesn't exist.

Flying Spaghetti Monster -- Great Almighty God? Or GREATEST Almighty God?


aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
Posts: 1923
Joined: 2006-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Krehlic wrote: Many

Krehlic wrote:
Many [people] just choose to remain ignorant.  After all, they are usually taught not to question. They just choose to ignore evidence and pretend like it doesn't exist.

In this case, these people are guilty of being dishonest.

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.


DrFear
Posts: 248
Joined: 2006-07-09
User is offlineOffline
hands down, the most

hands down, the most annoying theists on here are those non-denominational,  god-is-made-of-the-universe, science-is-only-one-way-of-interpreting-reality motherfuckers.  those fucks can run you around in circles, and before you know it, you've just wasted like 2 weeks of your life on some pointless debate.

Fear is the mindkiller.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13017
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
The dishonest ones

The dishonest ones are worse. I include those who are purposefully ignorant as well. Like science cherry pickers.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


ImmaculateDeception
ImmaculateDeception's picture
Posts: 280
Joined: 2006-11-08
User is offlineOffline
The dishonest ones really

The dishonest ones really get me.

 Additionally, the ones who never provide a counterpoint.  They just reiterate their original point repeatedly, like you'll just eventually give up.  "well, I didn't believe you the last 38 times you said that, but 39 sure did for me!"

Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine


American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
Posts: 1331
Joined: 2006-09-03
User is offlineOffline
Frank Walton (aka

Frank Walton (aka AtheismSucks) is a very dishonest guy. If anyone had read any one of his blogs, they know what I'm talking about. So I say that a dishonest theist is the most annoying kind there is.

Even though Frank is actually dishonest, ignorant AND unintelligent. Laughing out loud


Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
Posts: 1955
Joined: 2006-11-21
User is offlineOffline
AiiA wrote:

AiiA wrote:

Dishonesty is worse because ignorance is not premeditated.

Actually, I disagree. There is something called "willfull ignorance." My family fits into this category. They don't know. They don't WANT to know. Maybe that's more like a form of dishonesty.

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
Posts: 1955
Joined: 2006-11-21
User is offlineOffline
ImmaculateDeception

ImmaculateDeception wrote:

The dishonest ones really get me.

Additionally, the ones who never provide a counterpoint. They just reiterate their original point repeatedly, like you'll just eventually give up. "well, I didn't believe you the last 38 times you said that, but 39 sure did for me!"

I don't have a lot of patience for theists of any stripe.  I may have to give up posting here because it's become a place where I go to beat the crap out of them intellectually.  I'm using them (by proxy) to get back at theists who mind-raped me.  I have no doubt that many of the theists who show up here are busy doing mind-raping of their own.

Some would say this is therapeutic, but I can never do it for very long because I start feeling guilty.  I've never been good at processing anger, but this in itself is a result of theological mind-rape.  Anger is a sin; therefore, ignore it until it consumes you, release it, feel guilty.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Almost reminds me of what

Almost reminds me of what George Carlin said about Dan Quayle (and it definitely goes for GWB, too!) - "He's stupid, he's fucking nuts and he's full of shit!"

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Piper2000ca
Piper2000ca's picture
Posts: 138
Joined: 2006-12-27
User is offlineOffline
What I can't stand, is when

What I can't stand, is when you respond to a theist's argument, and they then try to completely dodge the point, or worse yet, they continue using the same argument even after you have demolished it (I'm not sure if this is this is dishonesty or unitelligent/ignorant).


Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
Posts: 240
Joined: 2006-12-29
User is offlineOffline
I think that fits in to the

I think that fits in to the 'willful ignorance' category.
They don't want to hear it, so they don't.

Flying Spaghetti Monster -- Great Almighty God? Or GREATEST Almighty God?


MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
What catergory would be the

What catergory would be the ones that use atheist arguements for their xtian arguements?  Dishonest or ignorant?

EX.  If a xtain says, "Evolution was the huge feeding to the fire against black people and their rights as citizens above the level of a dog.  They were considered incompletely evovled including many people from the head of the atheists organizations in america."  while the atheist can point out that the bible actually states this in the story of Hamm, (correct me if I am wrong).  I have been having a private conversation with a xtain here that has made this claim.  And also that Darwin faked a drawing of an embryo for evolution. 


DrFear
Posts: 248
Joined: 2006-07-09
User is offlineOffline
i would imagine that is just

i would imagine that is just ignorance of the facts on evolution.  christians are so offended at the concept, they don't want to hear anything about it other than the wholly made-up refutations they're fed.

Fear is the mindkiller.