Thanks - And God Bless..!

markgtrplyr
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Thanks - And God Bless..!

Well, I'm back to work today, but I wanted to thank the webmasters for creating this little site - it was an interesting diversion for 2 days while I was off of work and my wife and son were visiting family up in San Francisco.

I couldn't help but notice that there are a few posters here who literally have hundreds - if not thousands - of posts to their credit over a 6 - 9 month period. And that's ONLY on this website - my guess is that you may be equally busy posting messages on other comparable sites as well.

I mention this because I'm up to 27 posts and frankly, it's become very boring.

I'm curious, but is this what you essentially do with yourself each day - you wake up each morning, make yourself a cup of coffee and then sit at a computer for 12 to 15 hours posting messages about something you don't believe in..??

I don't understand it - I, for example, don't believe in unicorns - but I'm certainly not going to spend countless hours debating something that I don't believe exists to begin with. It just seems silly and frankly, a waste of time.

Lastly, I couldn't help but notice that these frequent posters do so at all hours of the day each and every day.

Do you frequent posters actually have jobs - and lives - outside of this forum..??

Anyways, thanks again for the diversion - and God Bless

melchisedec
melchisedec's picture
User is offlineOffline
markgtrplyr wrote:

markgtrplyr wrote:
Well, I'm back to work today, but I wanted to thank the webmasters for creating this little site - it was an interesting diversion for 2 days while I was off of work and my wife and son were visiting family up in San Francisco. I couldn't help but notice that there are a few posters here who literally have hundreds - if not thousands - of posts to their credit over a 6 - 9 month period. And that's ONLY on this website - my guess is that you may be equally busy posting messages on other comparable sites as well. I mention this because I'm up to 27 posts and frankly, it's become very boring. I'm curious, but is this what you essentially do with yourself each day - you wake up each morning, make yourself a cup of coffee and then sit at a computer for 12 to 15 hours posting messages about something you don't believe in..?? I don't understand it - I, for example, don't believe in unicorns - but I'm certainly not going to spend countless hours debating something that I don't believe exists to begin with. It just seems silly and frankly, a waste of time. Lastly, I couldn't help but notice that these frequent posters do so at all hours of the day each and every day. Do you frequent posters actually have jobs - and lives - outside of this forum..?? Anyways, thanks again for the diversion - and God Bless

I love the condescending tone, especially the touching 'God Bless' at the end. I'll entertain your question that may allow you to understand how someone can spend the day answering post. For myself, I am a software developer. I spend about 10 hours a day in front of a computer with internet access readily available.

There is alot of downtime in software development. When projects are done and there are no bugs to fix, you are basicly in standby mode. Which can be painful but its just part of the job. So when I'm not keeping myself busy trying to improve my craft I enjoy discussing philosophy and theology. Why? Because it interest me. I approach it with an open mind and have learn so much during this process and continue to.

Sometimes the exchanges provide nothing new and other times they are meaningful. It's the nature of discourse. You came here just to chastize people. Never with the intention of even for once considering their position. Just another fly by night theist who thought they could put a hole in some atheistic arguments only to leave with your tail between your legs. God Bless.

Vessel
Vessel's picture
User is offlineOffline
markgtrplyr wrote: I

markgtrplyr wrote:
I don't understand it - I, for example, don't believe in unicorns - but I'm certainly not going to spend countless hours debating something that I don't believe exists to begin with. It just seems silly and frankly, a waste of time.

Are you saying that if you lived in a country where 80-90% of the population believed in unicorns and based important decisions on pressing socio-economic issues on their unicorn belief, you would not do all you could to bring some rational thought to the irrational unicorneist masses? 

“Philosophers have argued for centuries about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, but materialists have always known it depends on whether they are jitterbugging or dancing cheek to cheek" -- Tom Robbins

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
My whole life has been

My whole life has been centered around the computer OMG! I can't do anything with myself! I just sit around responding to idiots* like yourself. You've made it so clear to me! I must go climb that mountain, try scuba diving off the Philippine coast, backpack in the wilderness and travel to different countries! Oh wait, I've done that stuff and continue to.

I am a mother of two. My kids are at school. I drink my coffee and check my mail and such in the morning. If I get into a conversation with someone I tend to check out responses throughout the day while carrying out my days activities which include walking my dogs several times a day, going to the park/library with my kids, chores. I am a seamstress, so I work at home. I hope this answers all of your nosy questions. Have a nice day!

*I say idiots here because I am assuming you don't think others are worth corresponding with. But I do. I enjoy a like-minded group of people to converse with since there are a shortage of atheists in my hood. Not everybody is an idiot.

edit:  I forgot to add... God Less!

V1per41
V1per41's picture
User is offlineOffline
markgtrplyr wrote:

markgtrplyr wrote:
Well, I'm back to work today, but I wanted to thank the webmasters for creating this little site - it was an interesting diversion for 2 days while I was off of work and my wife and son were visiting family up in San Francisco. I couldn't help but notice that there are a few posters here who literally have hundreds - if not thousands - of posts to their credit over a 6 - 9 month period. And that's ONLY on this website - my guess is that you may be equally busy posting messages on other comparable sites as well.

True. However, I'm sure I could browse my way on over to a popular theist message board and find something very similar.

markgtrplyr wrote:
I mention this because I'm up to 27 posts and frankly, it's become very boring. I'm curious, but is this what you essentially do with yourself each day - you wake up each morning, make yourself a cup of coffee and then sit at a computer for 12 to 15 hours posting messages about something you don't believe in..??

Like Melchisedec, I work in front of a computer all day and have a reasonable amount of downtime. I came hear for several reasons. One was to learn more about the universe I live in, and the nature of our existence. I also came here for the community. As I'm sure you know, atheist aren't exactly popular people in our country and it's not very often that you come across one in your everyday travels.

markgtrplyr wrote:

I think Vessel did a great job responding to this point. If people didn't make major decisions based on their unicorn belief, and if millions of people didn't die in wars over which unicorn was better, then I probably wouldn't be here. I, as I'm sure a lot of others here do too, think that belief in gods like yahweh and allah, can only hurt the human race, and that's why we are here.

markgtrplyr wrote:
Lastly, I couldn't help but notice that these frequent posters do so at all hours of the day each and every day. Do you frequent posters actually have jobs - and lives - outside of this forum..??

I'm not that frequent a poster, so I can't speak for everyone else here. Some people are just busier than others. Also, as said above, I'm sure this isn't just a trend on atheist message boards, so no point in insulting us about it.

markgtrplyr wrote:
Anyways, thanks again for the diversion - and God Bless

your welcome.

Godless.

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
markgtrplyr wrote: Well,

markgtrplyr wrote:
Well, I'm back to work today, but I wanted to thank the webmasters for creating this little site - it was an interesting diversion for 2 days while I was off of work and my wife and son were visiting family up in San Francisco. I couldn't help but notice that there are a few posters here who literally have hundreds - if not thousands - of posts to their credit over a 6 - 9 month period. And that's ONLY on this website - my guess is that you may be equally busy posting messages on other comparable sites as well. I mention this because I'm up to 27 posts and frankly, it's become very boring. I'm curious, but is this what you essentially do with yourself each day - you wake up each morning, make yourself a cup of coffee and then sit at a computer for 12 to 15 hours posting messages about something you don't believe in..?? I don't understand it - I, for example, don't believe in unicorns - but I'm certainly not going to spend countless hours debating something that I don't believe exists to begin with. It just seems silly and frankly, a waste of time. Lastly, I couldn't help but notice that these frequent posters do so at all hours of the day each and every day. Do you frequent posters actually have jobs - and lives - outside of this forum..?? Anyways, thanks again for the diversion - and God Bless

May Vishnu bless you.

Well, this site got the nation's attention so its posters must be doing something right. MORE TO COME BUD, MORE TO COME. We arn't going anywhere and we are getting bigger and stronger.

Hey all you atheists, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Adnihilo
Adnihilo's picture
User is offlineOffline
markgtrplyr wrote: and God

markgtrplyr wrote:
and God Bless

I, and surely others on the board, wish you a speedy recovery from your debilitating and clinical level of psychosis markgtrply A level of psychosis that at least doesn't seem to be as disconnected from reality as one of your Homo Religiosus leaders, Robertson, hearing the imaginary voice of your fictional SkyGod Pappa above... Pat, 'the SkyGod Pandererer' Robertson has more likely been directed by Bush to prepare gullible Americans for another False Flag attack...

If there was a God, Man wouldn't have had to invent him [reversing Voltaire's famous quote].

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
OMG, you guyz don't agree

OMG, you guyz don't agree wit me, ill call you names. U R lozers lolz.

U sucks!!!!1!!!1!1!!

OMG!!! 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

Jella
Jella's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vessel wrote: markgtrplyr

Vessel wrote:

markgtrplyr wrote:

Are you saying that if you lived in a country where 80-90% of the population believed in unicorns and based important decisions on pressing socio-economic issues on their unicorn belief, you would not do all you could to bring some rational thought to the irrational unicorneist masses? 

I have to say that vessel really did hit the nail on the head, at least for me. I know what it's like in the minority, so it's nice to have a place where I can get some information, and learn something. Kids in America have very little chance of living without Christianity shoved down their throats. It's nice to see that a place like this exists, so at least they can get information, and make their choces earlier in life, rather than having to live with guilt and shame.

Keep up the good work RRS.

Jella

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
markgtrplyr wrote: I'm

markgtrplyr wrote:

I'm curious, but is this what you essentially do with yourself each day - you wake up each morning, make yourself a cup of coffee and then sit at a computer for 12 to 15 hours posting messages about something you don't believe in..??

Blasphemy!  I do this for 16-20 hours a day.