Pat Robertson and his prophetic prophecies. hahahahah

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pat Robertson and his prophetic prophecies. hahahahah

Thanks unfairlybalanced.com for the pic

Updated:2007-01-03 11:07:28
Pat Robertson Predicts Deadly Attack on U.S.
AP

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (Jan. 3) - In what has become an annual tradition of prognostications, religious broadcaster Pat Robertson said Tuesday God has told him that a terrorist attack on the United States would result in "mass killing" late in 2007.

"I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be nuclear," he said during his news-and-talk television show "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network. "The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that."

Robertson said God told him during a recent prayer retreat that major cities and possibly millions of people will be affected by the attack, which should take place sometime after September.

Robertson said God also told him that the U.S. only feigns friendship with Israel and that U.S. policies are pushing Israel toward "national suicide."

Robertson suggested in January 2006 that God punished then-Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon with a stroke for ceding Israeli-controlled land to the Palestinians.

The broadcaster predicted in January 2004 that President Bush would easily win re-election. Bush won 51 percent of the vote that fall, beating Democratic Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts.

In 2005, Robertson predicted that Bush would have victory after victory in his second term. He said Social Security reform proposals would be approved and Bush would nominate conservative judges to federal courts.

Lawmakers confirmed Bush's 2005 nominations of John Roberts and Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court. But the president's Social Security initiative was stalled.

"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

In May, Robertson said God told him that storms and possibly a tsunami were to crash into America's coastline in 2006. Even though the U.S. was not hit with a tsunami, Robertson on Tuesday cited last spring's heavy rains and flooding in New England as partly fulfilling the prediction.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
2007-01-03 10:51:34

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
He makes such an ass of

He makes such an ass of himself.

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: He makes

MattShizzle wrote:
He makes such an ass of himself.

Scary thing is, though, the man is loaded with money and uses his wealth to brainwash people.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Even scarier is how many

Even scarier is how many actually believe and follow him - and the influence he has. Only in the US - in Europe they would likely laugh at him.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

carpetfeller
carpetfeller's picture
User is offlineOffline
LeftofLarry

LeftofLarry wrote:

Scary thing is, though, the man is loaded with money and uses his wealth to brainwash people.

What's really scary is that the huge number of people who follow him (mostly voters I'm sure) are ignorant enough to not know that these are blatent lies.