Create your own quote here regarding religion:

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Create your own quote here regarding religion:

I'll start off:

Brian37 "Religion is the menue of the gullible. The main course is superstition where incantations call "prayer" summon invisable friends who promise the magical "foreverland" in the afterlife. Since when has humanity never baught this tripe? You have current version so that makes it real?"

Brian37: "If I can't pull a Ford Mustang litterally out of my ass, what makes you think you'll get 72 virgins or that human flesh can dance the jig after being dead three days?"

Brian37: "Science is calling a duck a duck and calling religion what it is "fiction". Maybe these crybabies need to grow up and give up clinging to a super natural nipple by any name. Linus should give up his blanket and you should give up on ancient myth."

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Can someone tell me if I

Can someone tell me if I came up with this quote on my own or have I heard it somewhere? I have no idea. It just popped in my head the other day. If someone else said it or something similar, who was it?

"I was a Christian in ignorance, agnostic in credulity, and I am an atheist in understanding."

Also:

"The irrationality of the answer 'God did it' does not begin at the assumption that God can do anything, but at the assertion that he exists." --Krehlic

Flying Spaghetti Monster -- Great Almighty God? Or GREATEST Almighty God?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Here's one I just came up

Here's one I just came up with:

"Asking what religion truly represents God is like asking what the Tooth Fairy's favorite toothpaste is." - MattShizzle

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

RationalSchema
RationalSchema's picture
User is offlineOffline
I wish I had a shirt that

I wish I had a shirt that says this. Just like in the anti-marijuana smoking ads with that arrow underneath it.

"ATHEISM, ABOVE THE INFLUENCE."

"Those who think they know don't know. Those that know they don't know, know."

MisterDax
User is offlineOffline
MisterDax "No, I don't

MisterDax "No, I don't believe in gods. Although I don't believe in horoscopes either."

MisterDax "Think about it, all the money I save from going to church I can use on drugs and prostitutes."

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
These are all mine: -Should

These are all mine:

-Should our world end by the hands of Ayatollahs with atom bombs, roaches and protozoa will creep out of the wastelands...and perhaps within a billion years evolution will chance upon another being capable of creating Gods. Then the terrible cycle is destined to repeat.

I have no knowledge of any system or human endeavor of labor that does not progress in fifty centuries except one

It is deeply and inherently immoral to sustain a system on fear of unfalsifiable concepts

It should be the gravest of fears that our world might end by the hands of men who have minds in the Bronze age and devices of the information age

-I would not trust any institution that has had a complete monopoly on the writing of its own history, in this respect the Catholic Church comes first to mind

It is a testimony to human arrogance that we can create ridiculously over-inflated teleological significance for our own existence to comfort ourselves

-It is inherently ridiculous to state God as a requisite for morality because if you need a requisite for morality, you are not inherently moral

I wonder that we would not continue to burn genial old scholars alive at the stake and crucify heretics were faith no longer dictating our morality?

I know of no scientist nor historian who would consider revelation and prayer as acceptable objective methods of obtaining information

I hope the God-fearing Christian realizes in full that had he been born in Saudi Arabia, he would bow to Allah unquestioningly, we can claim as much as we wish about theology and veracity, but religion is very much an accident of place of birth

The fact that in this day and age, where men have cracked the atom and set foot on the moon, that five billion people still believe in some ancient, superstitious dogma over the hard work of science is astounding and dangerous

Religion is comprised of a set of mutually exclusive dogmas that chase each other eternally in a circle for converts, each vying for dominance as they are deluded into thinking they are on the one true path

We are on the brink of a scientific revolution. Ancient spiritual questions that once could only be answered by mythology are being answered by science. Yet instead of embracing this, people from Alabama to Afghanistan are turning to fundamentalism

The Middle East today is seven hundred years behind the West. A place where sullen, ignorant young men watch women burned alive at the stake and brash Talib child-soldiers wielding AK-47s hurl giant blocks of granite at the skulls of innocent men

Were those nineteen young human bombs deluded? Insane? Depressed? Repressed? Stupid? No. They were men of faith, perfect and absolute faith

History has taught us time and time again that dogmatic absolutism is terrible force. But do we listen? On the contrary, we have become more rigidly adherent to ancient mythology

Religion is a worthless, futile attempt to understand a concept that is inherently beyond understanding, therefore, the basis religion claims as a spiritual medium is utterly null and void, it must cease and desist

Does the good theist genuinely believe that God is a vindicator holding a book with all his sins, counting like a micro economist to determine their eternal fate? I would have hoped the world had progressed beyond such Bronze Age mythology

-The atheist does not hate God, this is false! Rather the atheist hates the fact that man, in his eternal ignorance, created God

Are we to believe that humans require teleological significance because they are so self-centered that they cannot give meaning to their own life?

The fact that religion postulates itself as absolute truth should be enough to reveal that it has none at all

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Roisin Dubh
Roisin Dubh's picture
User is offlineOffline

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
Religion: Killing people

Religion: Killing people dead since the beginning of humanity.

Alternate sarcastic version:

Religion: Killing people dead since the beginning of time, 6000 years ago. 

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Copying the rules of the

Copying the rules of the Freethinker's forum here so everyone will see them as they read through the posts.

From this point forward the moderators will be destroying posts made by theists in the "Freethinking Anonymous" forum.  If you are a theist please be careful not to waste your time posting in this forum by looking at the top of the screen to determine which forum you are in when posting.  If you are an atheist and want theists to be able to weigh in on your topic, use "General Conversation" or "Atheist vs. Theist."

Thanks,

RRS Mod Team

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Apokalipse
Apokalipse's picture
User is offlineOffline
Religious wars are about who

"Religious wars are about who has the best imaginary friend"

"The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church"

"My spell-checker lacks the word 'creationism' in its dictionary, so each time that word is encountered, an alternative pops up at the bottom of my screen, 'cretinism'" - E.T. Babinski

"Jesus' last words on the cross, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" hardly seem like the words of a man who planned it that way. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure there is something wrong here." - Donald Morgan

"The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike"

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself." - Richard Francis Burton

"Mankind think itself as something special. That somehow, the world was made specifically for us, when in fact life has evolved specifically to fit the circumstances that were already in place." - Me

Apokalipse
Apokalipse's picture
User is offlineOffline
"and on the five trillionth

"and on the five trillionth day, Man created God."

"without god, life is everything"

*edit*
I'll revise this one:
"Mankind think itself as something special. That somehow, the world was made specifically for us, when in fact life has evolved specifically to fit the circumstances that were already in place."

"Mankind is the puddle, marveling at how perfectly the pothole conforms to its shape"

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
Apokalipse

Apokalipse wrote:
"Religious wars are about who has the best imaginary friend"

Another good one about religious wars is: "My god could beat up your god." 

Apokalipse wrote:

"Jesus' last words on the cross, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" hardly seem like the words of a man who planned it that way. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure there is something wrong here." - Donald Morgan

Is that why christians are focusing on the "Father into your hands, I commend my spirit" quote nowadays? Remember in the Passion, where he said that on the Cross? I don't think he asked why god forsook him in that movie.

Mr. Shits
Mr. Shits's picture
User is offlineOffline
"My body may be weak, but

"My body may be weak, but my mind is RIPPED!!.......oh yeah, uhhh religion sucks"

- Mr. Shits

Mmmm...sacri-licious

Nimitz68
Nimitz68's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Religion? No thank you."

"Religion? No thank you."

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
In light of recent events I

In light of recent events I wanted to honor my mother with this quote. Unfortunatly it wont fit in the sig. But here it is anyway.

Quote:
To ask me to chose a bearded man in the sky over my own mother, would be like asking me to cut off my arm. I wouldn't jump off a cliff because a unicorn told me so and I am damn sure not going to put a pathetic myth over a tangible being who will never stop being my biggest supporter.

My mom and I are not perfect and we certainly have our tiffs. But if you ask me to chose between a woman who has, and continues to support me ,vs an invisable friend in the sky, there is no debate.  

God=0

Mom= 1,000,000,000,000,000 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

TorHershman
TorHershman's picture
User is offlineOffline
"There is No God in

"There is No God in Foxholes"

xamination
xamination's picture
User is offlineOffline
Our religious beliefs say

Our religious beliefs say more about ourselves than it does the universe.

heike6
SuperfanBronze Member
heike6's picture
User is offlineOffline
Apokalipse wrote: "and on

Apokalipse wrote:
"and on the five trillionth day, Man created God."

I would love to have this on a shirt! I'm sure we could come up with some interesting graphics for it. LOL 

heike6
A single woman with no kids.

Booclay
Booclay's picture
User is offlineOffline
Religion's the cock and

Religion's the cock and we're the pussy...it just fucks us

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Hate the -ism, not the

"Hate the -ism, not the -ist." Sticking out tongue

Sleepyphoenix
Sleepyphoenix's picture
User is offlineOffline
If the cleverest action of

If the cleverest action of "the devil" was convincing the world he doesn't exist ... humans convincing themselves that God does is the stupidest they ever did.

xamination
xamination's picture
User is offlineOffline
This one really isn't mine,

This one really isn't mine, but whatever:

The rapture is not an exit strategy